Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2010, 05:45 PM

4,085 posts, read 8,769,585 times

Advertisements

Since most of Rush's listeners are conservatives, and most of the people in the gulf states are conservatives (most of whom listen to Rush and support him), I don't care a whit if they lose their fishing and tourism industries for however long they lose them. Let them suffer, they brought it upon themselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2010, 05:46 PM

61,289 posts, read 87,253,323 times
thank you rush.
very interesting interpretation of nature.
when we lose our jobs and have no insurance is it also natural and will take care of itself.
???

Old 05-03-2010, 05:58 PM

8,862 posts, read 17,444,056 times
The problem with Rush mentality is that all other rights are subordinated to oil interests.

The problem with our govt policy and laws is that there's little incentive to do the right thing or go the extra mile being responsible. It's more cost effective to cut corners and operate irresponsibly in the eyes of many in leadership positions (commercial and govt). There are no meaningful consequences for those enabled to pass the costs of their mistakes onto all others. That would be the problem of a government who has deferred to the wishes of commerce to the extreme of abrogating themselves of all responsibility.

Congress did this? Obama? Decades of wrong headed governance did this, and we need to get this attitude evicted from governance once and for all.[/quote]

I suppose the problems began in the 19th century--unfortunately I do not know.
Boortz is probably correct in his assessment---a multimillionaire, friend of Sean Hannity's with a 2nd empire in Florida, Naples. He divides his time between Atlanta and Naples. He wouldn't support anything that would jeopardize one penny of his money. I quit listening by the time he got around to discussing the oil spill--I believe his first hour on the air was 'illegal aliens'--a topic he truly enjoys.
I assume that there are thousands of experts---and arriving at a consensus would be like herding cats.

With my 'tiny' brain all I can do is worry. There is really no 'guarantee' that there won't be another Katrina---or a catastrophic earthquake in California, or another severe drought.
About 20 years ago I tired of criticizing 'The Leader' and political rantings, etc.
I suppose I am now inclined to cast my lot with those who support alternatives. Yes---drive smaller, more fuel efficient cars. Use paper not plastic and whatever you can do to consume less. I don't need the Government to Make me...

Old 05-03-2010, 06:12 PM

68,300 posts, read 54,213,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geofra View Post
I'm not a Rush fan, but I like to give people the benefit of the doubt.

The oil spill may not be natural, but oil is. He said it wrong, but he is not too far off. Nature will break the oil down over time.

It'll break down nuclear waste too, mind if we store it in your garage?

26,212 posts, read 19,471,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdencaulfield View Post
For different reasons, mainly exploitative humor. Freakshow.

Oooh, nice one.

4,507 posts, read 9,043,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Let's have Rush sit down and snort and slop his way through a tureen of terrapin soup made from all those dead sea turtles now washing up on the beaches of the gulf coast. Then we can tell him that puking his guts out is "natural" and "will take care of itself."
Not defending Rush or minimizing the oil spill but I was reading articles in early April showing that sea turtles have been washing up in unusually high numbers this spring along several beaches in the gulf (it's not uncommon that they die and wash up in the spring but 20-30 at a time is unusual). It didn't start with the oil spill and the cause is still undetermined. The reports I have heard about the turtles found since the spill said that there was no sign of oil on the turtles or the beaches where they were found...they need to have a necropsy to determine the cause of death but at this point it is likely that the cause of death is not the oil spill.

Old 05-03-2010, 07:03 PM

52,547 posts, read 34,259,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Limbaugh, Environmentalists Square Off on Who is to Blame for Oil Leak - ABC News
Limbaugh has downplayed the need for a massive cleanup, saying that oil in the ocean was a natural phenomenon and as a result the ocean would take care of cleaning itself.

"You do survive these things. I'm not advocating don't care about it hitting the shore or coast and whatever you can do to keep it out of there is fine and dandy, but the ocean will take care of this on its own if it was left alone and was left out there," Limbaugh said. "It's natural. It's as natural as the ocean water is."
thank you, loozie, for utterly destroying holdie's insipid premise that limbaugh claimed this oil spill was a natural event.

Old 05-03-2010, 07:48 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,753,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
A link to the exact statement in which he deemed this latest oil spill 'natural' would be nice...
Do you suspect that the damage from some oil spills are more "natural" than others?

Old 05-03-2010, 09:15 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,090,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
thank you, loozie, for utterly destroying holdie's insipid premise that limbaugh claimed this oil spill was a natural event.
" Limbaugh, oil spill "natural" and will "take care of itself"

aaaand... the link and quote....

= same thing.

Old 05-03-2010, 09:17 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,090,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Do you suspect that the damage from some oil spills are more "natural" than others?
If Rush says so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies