Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2007, 01:33 PM

9,890 posts, read 10,821,477 times

Advertisements

Maybe this would help CBS! Probably not with Katie though!! FOXNews.com - Bikini Model Turns Newswoman for Fox Reality Show 'Anchorwoman' - Celebrity Gossip | Entertainment News | Arts And Entertainment
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2007, 05:48 PM

1,903 posts, read 7,899,154 times
My mom and grandmother still watch network news. It's a disease. I thought it was genetic or hereditary, but then I realized that my grandmother smokes, but my mother never has done so. However, the brain sickness of network news doesn't let go so easily!

... I've been listening to CNN and FOX News for the last three hours. No comments from the peanut gallery. Yes, I'm addicted to cable news. I was gonna switch back over to C-SPAN, but now Jack Cafferty is talking about Paris Hilton. "That's hot."

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfctplace3 View Post
How about a really HOT Male anchor...uh huh.. I would watch the news then!

We need more good looking men on tv and in ads. There is a current ad with a really buff guy running through a forest and then a lake....love it.
Ahem ... I'M AHNULD, AND I'M HERE TO TUHMINATE TONIGHT'S RUN-DOWN.
NEWS AT ELEVEN ... KITTAH STUCK IN TREE!

That would rock, and it would be better service to the country than acting as Teddy Kennedy's puppet governor of Kalifornia.

Old 06-19-2007, 03:31 PM

543 posts, read 1,227,972 times
I must admit that I looked forward to the Couric take-over of news, I thought she was going to be unbiased. I have since quit watching.
PS
Do you think that her having a boyfriend yeaars younger has anything to do with the ratings?

Old 06-19-2007, 04:24 PM

1,174 posts, read 5,902,412 times
I confess to never having watched her. I left most broadcast news ages ago unless there's something REALLY big happening in the world and being put on the air as it happens in which case I usually choose the newscast with the best camera angle.

I will make a point to watch her and see what happens. I've never watched her before, don't even know who she is. I'm a Couric virgin.

Old 06-19-2007, 04:46 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,258,436 times
I use to watch watch the "Today Show" in the a.m. just to see what was going on in the world while getting ready for work. I think Matt. Luer is good at his job.
Katie, even ignoring her obvious bias, always reminded me of Minnie Mouse with her squeaky/whiney voice. Although she is in her late 40's I believe, she giggled like a school girl and generally acted inappropriately for her age. I was shocked when she got the nod for CBS but I guess they figured she would take her strong "mature woman" following along with her to the Nighly News. Big mistake!

Old 06-19-2007, 08:50 PM

26,212 posts, read 49,031,855 times
I was aghast when I heard she was to replace Rather, who got it right with him comments....dumb it down...tart it up.

I recall saying something like, what are they gonna do, book reviews & cooking segments? She isn't even close to being the right pick for heavy news. She isn't enough of an anchor to be a patch on the ass of the pants of the great ones like Edward R. Murrow, Walter Cronkite, Chet Huntley, David Brinkley, and quite a few more.

A stunning mistake. The "new coke" of TV news. The Edsel of anchors. The bozo who hired her should go, along with her.

She'll be removed after decent interval, given another show or just go away for 'personal reasons' or whatever they say.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies