Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2010, 10:30 AM

719 posts, read 2,665,741 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
No other argument can be made for the 100% democrat requested raise, so it helps to raise this false issue to deflect the argument and turn a defense posture into an offensive one.
You're saying I'm laying the focus on most of those representatives being black so as to avoid the issue that they're all Democrats? Ridiculous! If anybody can offer a reasonable explanation and a solution to a problem that's plaguing the Democratic party (or any party), I'm all for it! Put parties aside and put our country first! I was only offering a POSSIBLE explanation as to why all but two of those representatives are black.

If that's not what you were getting at, I apologize. I admit that I'm not too sure that I clearly understand your comment (my bad).

Honestly, the politics forum on C-D represents everything that's gone wrong with America: Mindless hostility, polarization, distrust, and insecure egos. Can't we move away from the blinding political doctrines and work together to SOLVE issues? Christ. (By the way, this last piece doesn't necessarily apply to you, summers. . . Just a summary of what I constantly see here, hopefully only from a minority of the people who regularly are on here.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2010, 10:31 AM

23,856 posts, read 24,091,732 times
Wow... It's surprising - and sad - to see people actually defending these 15 clowns.

I seriously hope that all 15 are replaced in November, along with the majority of the rest of 'em. If I lived in a district represented by any of these buffoons, I'd be VERY active in campaigning for their opposition.

Congress needs a wake-up call. The phone will be ringing long and loud later this year.

Old 05-04-2010, 10:32 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,275,532 times
If they don't like being a civil servant, they can leave and join the private sector. I'm sure employers are waiting in line to hire nitwits like these 15. I'm also sure that if SJL answered her phone while a potential client was talking with her, the employer wouldn't mind.

Old 05-04-2010, 10:35 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,275,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Wow... It's surprising - and sad - to see people actually defending these 15 clowns.
Only "everyone else is stupid but me" saggy and "you all are racists" WhoMe. So, basically nobody important is actually defending them. It's pretty much unanimous in opposition.

Quote:
I seriously hope that all 15 are replaced in November, along with the majority of the rest of 'em. If I lived in a district represented by any of these buffoons, I'd be VERY active in campaigning for their opposition.
Yup

Quote:
Congress needs a wake-up call. The phone will be ringing long and loud later this year.
I think many will be surprised how many upsets there'll be. Since this is a midterm year, should be very bad for incumbents.

Old 05-04-2010, 10:38 AM

2,229 posts, read 1,685,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyAZ View Post
I don't see any problem with them wanting a raise, wouldn't YOU want a raise once in a while? I try to put myself in their shoes, they really aren't making that much money compared to what they could be making in the private sector. Not all the Representatives are independently wealthy folks, many support their family on the salary they make, I don't hold it against them for wanting to make a bit more.
$174K isn't enough to "raise their family".

Are you serious?

Old 05-04-2010, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
Congresspersons are grossly underpaid. If you got the same compensation per unit of difficulty, challenge, and responsibility that they do, your annual salary would be like $4.60.

Source it.

Old 05-04-2010, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Can you provide any example of a Congressperson actually making such a demand? Have you forgotten or did you ever know that the stimulus bill provided just about $60 billion to support the jobs and salaries of just such people?

Here is the complete list of House Republicans who voted for that:
Spend spend spend spend spend.

Thats all you support.

When in debt, do you attempt to spend your way out of it?

No logic at all.

Old 05-04-2010, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
That is a very telling list, isn't it?
Hey Bob, change the subject around on republicans because you don't want to address the OP.

Telling. And common.

Old 05-04-2010, 10:45 AM

Quote:

Randall Stephenson, the CEO of AT&T, earns a base salary that is more than the base salary of the entire Congressional delegation of California and Texas and New York and Florida and Illinois and New Jersey and Georgia. Combined.
Is AT&T profitable? Is the United States Federal Government?

Old 05-04-2010, 10:49 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,253,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
No surprise here. There are 15 that need to be kicked to the curb by the voters.
Kicked to the curb as long as it isn't one in DC. These people are so feeling of entitlement that they just don't really care about the rest of us who pay taxes to keep them in office.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies