Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2010, 09:08 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,096,009 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Your perceptions and projections have, as usual, nothing to do with facts...care to ever post any facts????
YOU are the one making the accusation, so YOU are the one who needs to backup YOUR claim.. Lets recap shall we?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Is it just me, or does it seem like most of these belong to a minority group?
The racist comment is WHERE?
Quote:
Gosh, wonder what color the majority of those congress people and Supreme Court judges was??????
I'm betting they were WHITE.. Are YOU now making racist comments, or simply pointing out FACTS?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2010, 09:25 AM

9,803 posts, read 16,187,823 times
Keith Ellison ( D-MN)

Maybe he needed a raise it to pay off his parking tickets.

When he first ran for congress, the newspapers brought up the fact he had thousands of dollars in parking fines that eventually resulted in his drivers license being revoked.

Ellison laughed about it.
A newspaper report stated even his out of state relatives thought it was soooooo funny that he had his drivers license revoked. They told the Mpls Tribune they would joke about it when he visited and ask if he drove to see them on a revoked license.

Of course, the black people and liberals in his district cried that bringing up that issue was a moot point.

They again will proclaim that this pay rais issue is a moot point.
Blacks love him cuz he is black.
Liberals love him cuz he is both black and a Muslim.

Old 05-04-2010, 09:37 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,279,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
No, they should have a minimal base salary with a an annual performance bonus determined by the tax payers.
...who will vote for payraises if the congresspeople in turn vote for raiding the treasury on their behalf. Lovely idea.

Old 05-04-2010, 10:01 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,911,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
Too bad you've never taken such a course. Keep in mind that, if elected, you will need to maintain two separate households, one of which will be in the very expensive Washington DC area, and you will need to travel back and forth between there and your home district many, many times per year, and you will need to have a wardrobe that goes well beyond business casual, and you will need to work 14-hour days, various of which will be spent listening to the idiot rants of your most stupid constituents.
the fact that they see their consistuents as stupid and idiots is very telling indeed......

Old 05-04-2010, 10:06 AM

719 posts, read 2,666,187 times
Quote:
""" suspect it has to do with the fact that they represent largely uneducated communities who are likely uninformed with the issues. ""

Racists are crawling out all over the place!!!
Blacks are uneducated...whata stupid thing to say

Black congressmen only represent blacks...a REALLY stupid thing to say..

WHO is uneducated ?????????
How is it racist? Give it a break; it's simple fact that blacks have been marginalized in this country for the longest time, and the result of this is poverty in the community leading to many blacks being concentrated in urban ghettoes (which are no doubt a big source of votes for black representatives).

Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
Here, ladies and gentleman, are people who in other threads try to deny that there is any racial factor at all in their insane hatred for Obama. So believable...
Right. I can only speak for myself, but I voted for Obama and still support him. I can only imagine how many other people you're speaking wrongly and judgmentally of.

Old 05-04-2010, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lndigo View Post
How is it racist? Give it a break; it's simple fact that blacks have been marginalized in this country for the longest time, and the result of this is poverty in the community leading to many blacks being concentrated in urban ghettoes (which are no doubt a big source of votes for black representatives).

Right. I can only speak for myself, but I voted for Obama and still support him. I can only imagine how many other people you're speaking wrongly and judgmentally of.
No other argument can be made for the 100% democrat requested raise, so it helps to raise this false issue to deflect the argument and turn a defense posture into an offensive one.

Old 05-04-2010, 10:12 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,851,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
No other argument can be made for the 100% democrat requested raise, so it helps to raise this false issue to deflect the argument and turn a defense posture into an offensive one.
How about, since the Dems are the only ones doing anything, only they should get a raise? But, get their raise out of the pay for Repubs.

Old 05-04-2010, 10:15 AM

4,783 posts, read 3,741,394 times
Quote:
How about, since the Dems are the only ones doing anything, only they should get a raise? But, get their raise out of the pay for Repubs.
How about since all of these clowns in Congress are supposed to be "representatives" and "servants" that they are paid the median income of the district or state that they "represent"?

Old 05-04-2010, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Doing something doesn't qualify for a payraise. Bush inspired the patriot act, yet I'd dock his pay if I could.

Stalin did lots of things in his short career as Soviet premier. Should he have gotten paid handsomely? Oh, wait, he did.

Old 05-04-2010, 10:28 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,471,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanhouse View Post
What BS saggy! Do not make it sound like these Congresspeople are slaves.
Slaves? No. But Congresspersons in shared apartments and doubled up in rented group homes is much more the norm than you might think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanhouse View Post
They fly around in private jets on our dime, wine and dine on the Government AMEX and take vacations 3 times a year.
No, they don't. No, they don't. And no, they don't. The government either provides or pays for official travel and related expenses much as any company does. There are strict rules applied to who may pay and how for unofficial or semi-official travel. Abramoff's golf trips to Ireland have been drained from the swamp along with a whole lot of other stuff. There are various recesses in the Congressional calendar. All but one are District Work Periods. This is when members go back home and spend 14-16 hours a day traipsing around and meeting with constituents, business leaders, local government officials and so on to learn what's happening and what's needed around their states and districts. The exception is the August recess, into which more of that is crammed, and if they are lucky, perhaps a two-week actual vacation with the family.

Last edited by Mike from back east; 05-04-2010 at 01:21 PM.. Reason: Removed reference to personal attack.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies