Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2010, 08:21 AM

5,872 posts, read 8,092,789 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
BRILLIANT! LOL thanks for the laugh this morning! LOL!
Agree. Now that's funny!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2010, 08:22 AM

1,823 posts, read 1,881,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DraggingCanoe View Post
Holder and Janet N. need to resign. Obama opened the flood gates to Muslim immigration...We have no idea how many muslim terrorists are in the country. An alert citizen prevented this attack from happening...not the Obama administration. Obama is soft on terror. We are in danger with this administration.
Terrorists hold no religion .. i dont understand why would most of the people associate such farce with religion at all ..no religion preaches hatred .. those who do such acts of terrorism represent no religion .. they're extremists or fundamentalists but not religious .. its time we teach such morons to behave .. but in a tactical manner keeping all other aspects aside ..a criminal is a criminal for the crime he commits ..a sinner is a sinner for the sins .. here in saudi arabia ..being a muslim myself have seen other brothers of faith being tortured and maltreated only because some of the arabs think they're superior to the third world citizens .. the psyche of such people isnt influenced by religion ..its what i call an ulterior motive to establish superiority by political power .. those fools are extremists in that sense of false pride .. sorry if i said anything wrong ..i dont intend to stand for these culprits .. since they're not practicing muslims .. a true believer of any religion would never harm anyone with such intentions ..however im glad to know a disaster is well averted

Old 05-04-2010, 08:44 AM

1,823 posts, read 1,881,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xavier1774 View Post
The thing that our government fails to realize is that most of these muslimes come to the US with forged documents. in Pakistan for example a small bribe basically get you all the necessary paperwork to have a "relative" in the US sponsor you. They have immigration sweatshops setup all over to "help" with this process. The mosques are the breeding grounds for these terrorist.

These people hate America. They don't want to integrate, they want to create their own Muslim world in America. Take a look at Europe...
why so much hatred against Islam ? .. how could u say muslims hate america ? .. i grew up watching cartoons, movies, television soaps and a whole lot of entertainment produced by the west .. and i'd love to travel across not just America but the whole of gods green earth .. definitely not preaching my religious beliefs .. however nobody can ever change or establish power on their will, without the will of god .. if he wished, the world wouldnt had people with differences of opinions in the first place ..let alone a particular religious belief .. instead of thrashing one another in the name of religion or political crap .. its time we work as a team to uproot this evil with a clear plan .. not with hatred or animosity but with peace and tranquility .. as for europe i believe its economy is still a lot better than the rest of the world .. everybody has a share of its churn .. anyways ..i can go on and on being a majority big mouth .. im done with enough input on your comments. take care .

Old 05-04-2010, 08:48 AM

296 posts, read 273,429 times
where's that michael bloomberg idiot? That was so typical of his kind and once again they look like fools, but won't be called out for it. I'm calling you all out, though.

Old 05-04-2010, 08:52 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,327,541 times
Default Shahzad Faisal on No-Fly List?

Several TV news shows mentioned Shahzad Faisal, a U.S. National of Pakistani descent was on the no-fly list.

Did anyone else hear this? I have not found print confirmation, and would actually prefer to be wrong, I hate to think Homeland Security is allowing people on the no-fly list to live in this country.

Old 05-04-2010, 08:52 AM

23,864 posts, read 24,105,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txgolfer130 View Post
In this case Echelon & DARPA worked...but I still don't like 'em.
No government program or technology stopped this - the bomber's own ineptitude stopped it.

Old 05-04-2010, 09:10 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,583,124 times
I must say I'm surprised. I thought for sure, particularly after Bloomberg's comments, that it was one of those tea party people like these:

http://therealbarackobama.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/july-4-t-party-protest.jpg (broken link)

Old 05-04-2010, 09:18 AM

296 posts, read 273,429 times
I was disappointed to not see people taking that bait. I thought for sure there would be no shortage of them on here; unless I missed that thread or something. You know they were all wishing it was that, though, and the media would've been all over it.

Old 05-04-2010, 10:08 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,937,590 times
Default Faisal Shahzad Almost Got Away

Times Square Car Bomb Suspect Faisal Shahzad Arrested, Almost Got Away on Flight - ABC News

Quote:
"He appeared real close to getting away," one federal official said.

Authorities said that despite the manhunt, his passport had not been flagged and he was able to buy a ticket with cash and clear airport security.

New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg, while refusing to criticize any agency Tuesday morning, said Shahzad was "clearly on the plane and shouldn't have been."
How did this guy make it on a plane? The plane was on the runway, ready to go.

Why was his passport not flagged?

These are questions that need to be answered.

Old 05-04-2010, 10:12 AM

13,691 posts, read 18,450,941 times
Flag his passport?

Oh you think the USA is smart enough to "flag a passport"?

We can't even protect the country against criminals coming IN.

Do you think we're smart enough to protect the world against criminals LEAVING?

Give me a break!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies