Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2010, 06:44 AM

3,457 posts, read 4,653,554 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86Sebring View Post
lots and lots of oil in Iraq, important strategic location...
Yep, those oil prices certainly dropped because of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2010, 06:59 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,222,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-ham 34 View Post
Seriously i wonder sometimes why did we invade Iraq? I got a friend who is paralyzed from that weapons of mass destruction war and I constantly wonder what was Bush's desposition?
We did not hang Saddam the Iraq courts did. The people he tortured and gassed for years got to decide his fate

Old 05-05-2010, 07:19 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,111,393 times
The bottom line is an evil dictator who was oppressing his people is out of power. That is always a good thing.

When do we invade Cuba?

Old 05-05-2010, 08:23 AM

497 posts, read 507,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Thank you...

The war was fought over weapons Sadam had, and everyone knew he had. We still don't know if these were all used up, or are buried in the desert. It sure was confusing the way GWB carried it out.
Didn't we find the weapons but they were from the 1950's? Remember the inspectors dug up the rotten 50's weapons.

Old 05-05-2010, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Thank you...

The war was fought over weapons Sadam had, and everyone knew he had. We still don't know if these were all used up, or are buried in the desert. It sure was confusing the way GWB carried it out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
Are you suggesting that he was innocent?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Oh how you must miss Sadaam.
No i just thought he was hunt down and murdered for something we had no business involve in!! We lost alot of family and friends!!!

Old 05-05-2010, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinkieMcGee View Post
Yeah, I guess by not wanting to circumvent laws and hang people I'm the real monster here.

Wow, quite the leap in logic.

I'm stating that if he is being charged with war crimes, or crimes against humanity an iraqi kangaroo court is a dumb place to try him and the ICC is the appropriate place.

Since no WMDs were found in Iraq and we invaded under false pretenses maybe the US courts should try the previous administration. See how both that and your post are equally stupid?
I totally agree and put Bush on trial as well for all the lives lost and women rape at war!

Old 05-05-2010, 08:44 AM

596 posts, read 889,865 times
Oh please, all this hand-wringing over Saddam. Yes, we helped him when he was fighting Iran. Heck, we funneled weapons to both sides in that war. Let's face it, we hated both of them and liked watching them punch each other in the nose.

But, get off your high horse and face reality. We didn't do anything that hadn't been done before. What about FDR allying us with USSR in WWII? Allies with Stalin? He had the blood of MILLIONS on his hands! Isn't FDR the patron saint of all liberals?

It's called political expediency. You do what makes sense at the time.

Old 05-05-2010, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Yeah, I guess by not wanting to circumvent laws and hang people I'm the real monster here.

Wow, quite the leap in logic.

I'm stating that if he is being charged with war crimes, or crimes against humanity an iraqi kangaroo court is a dumb place to try him and the ICC is the appropriate place.

Since no WMDs were found in Iraq and we invaded under false pretenses maybe the US courts should try the previous administration. See how both that and your post are equally stupid?
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
What would have happened if we didn't? That is the question. It's like the man who comes home to see his wife still in bed and the house overrun with mess and the kids tearing up everything. He looks at his wife and she says ---"remember when you come home and ask me what I did all day? Well today I didn't do it."

If Bush had done nothing what would have happened? I don't think you really want to know. Saddam was protecting terrorists if nothing else. Should America have done nothing and sit back to see what would happen? I guess our government can take that position and to some degree Obama is so we will just wait to see what happens.
We could say the same about CUBA and CASTRO! God handles all wrong doings and we can also say the same about the monster in Rawanda!!!

Old 05-05-2010, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Are you stating that Saddam had only committed crimes against Iraqis?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmandvadva View Post
I'd rather know what the OP thinks a desposition is. That's the problem with using big words, especially when the built-in capability is already obviously limited.
Deposition means to order, arrange or regulate! Dmandvadva i grew up reading the dictionary and encyclopedia as a hobby!!! True story!!

Old 05-05-2010, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Did Saddam use poison gas against the Iranians? Seems that he did but then we know we couldn't have got a fair trial if we had turned him over to them.
Listen Roy, Bush use poison gas in Texas as well when he was govenor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies