Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2010, 06:52 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,104,274 times

Advertisements

Maybe in retrospect, allowing BP to forego installing a shut-off valve effective in deep water wasn't such a stellar idea.

Dick Cheney's Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day - The Gaggle Blog - Newsweek.com

Dick Cheney's Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day

Kate Dailey

Poor Dick Cheney. Ever since George W. Bush's presidential term ended, all the former veep has wanted to do is spend some time at home, kick back with his grandchildren, and publicly criticize and undermine the authority of our current commander in chief as often as possible.

And yet, it seems that no matter what he does, he can't stay out of the headlines. Specifically, the terrifying and tragic headlines dominating today's news. First, Alex Pareene at Salon's War Room notes that the giant, toxic, seemingly unstoppable oil spill headed toward the fragile and vulnerable Gulf Coast could be construed as kind of Cheney's fault.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2010, 06:58 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,324,549 times
Oh goodie. Another round of mindless Cheney bashing.

Old 05-05-2010, 07:12 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,847,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
I agree completely with this, well, except you need to delete the last word.

Old 05-05-2010, 07:14 AM

Quote:

I take it you didn't read the article. How utterly surprising.

Old 05-05-2010, 07:23 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,324,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
I take it you didn't read the article. How utterly surprising.
Oh goodie. Now we'll bash the poster who read an utterly worthless blog posting bashing Cheney and then had the audacity to point out the Left is about to work itself up into another masturbatory frenzy of Cheney bashing egged on by a blog posting.

This administration is facing multiple and difficult challenges and the Left diverts, diverts, diverts. The Left is ugly and predictable.

Old 05-05-2010, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Oh goodie. Now we'll bash the poster who read an utterly worthless blog posting bashing Cheney and then had the audacity to point out the Left is about to work itself up into another masturbatory frenzy of Cheney bashing egged on by a blog posting.

This administration is facing multiple and difficult challenges and the Left diverts, diverts, diverts. The Left is ugly and predictable.

Then dispute the facts, or am I repeating myself?

Old 05-05-2010, 07:43 AM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,108,186 times
I truly believe that the amount of destruction this one man has brought down on the U.S. and the rest of the world will be coming to light for decades to come.....and much of it may never be known. This is an evil man.

Old 05-05-2010, 07:45 AM

78,335 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Maybe in retrospect, allowing BP to forego installing a shut-off valve effective in deep water wasn't such a stellar idea.

Dick Cheney's Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day - The Gaggle Blog - Newsweek.com

Dick Cheney's Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day

Kate Dailey

Poor Dick Cheney. Ever since George W. Bush's presidential term ended, all the former veep has wanted to do is spend some time at home, kick back with his grandchildren, and publicly criticize and undermine the authority of our current commander in chief as often as possible.

And yet, it seems that no matter what he does, he can't stay out of the headlines. Specifically, the terrifying and tragic headlines dominating today's news. First, Alex Pareene at Salon's War Room notes that the giant, toxic, seemingly unstoppable oil spill headed toward the fragile and vulnerable Gulf Coast could be construed as kind of Cheney's fault.
Why not link to the original source instead of directing us to a partisan blog?

Leaking Oil Well Lacked Safeguard Device - WSJ.com

Before anyone goes any further, these switches have been around for decades and to quote the article....
"U.S. regulators have considered mandating the use of remote-control acoustic switches or other back-up equipment at least since 2000."

So essentially, both the democrats and republicans have had plenty of time to make these switches (which are not certain to have worked in this case) mandatory and haven't.

What a dishonest post. But hey, whatever it takes to make your party look environmentally responsible.

Old 05-05-2010, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Then dispute the facts, or am I repeating myself?
I just did.
What's sad is that you didn't go to first source, you went to a partisan blog. Egads, that's actually a step worse than being a Faux News-er.

Basically, you just went Glen Beck on us...a show that makes me want to vomit in my mouth. Congratulations on helping lower the bar.

Old 05-05-2010, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
I truly believe that the amount of destruction this one man has brought down on the U.S. and the rest of the world will be coming to light for decades to come.....and much of it may never be known. This is an evil man.
Reading is hard and a waste of time. Just stick to blogs and what your friends tell you. Don't worry though, it's ok, that's what the faux news people do. Really, you can see how moronic the unthinking extreme is of the opposition? Get out a mirror.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies