Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2010, 02:37 PM

5,238 posts, read 8,793,158 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Yes I would

I dont see the problem with expecting the person applying to be president of this country prove they are a person they are selling themselves to be.

I really dont get the big deal. Maybe one day many of you will stop this R Vs D junk

When will democrats hold the democrat party to the standard they hold republicans

When will republicans hold the republican party to the same standard they do democrats.

We might get some place if people would do that.

We are trusting this country to the hands of the president of this country. I believe its only fair we know all about this person to make sure we can trust that person and trust their judgment in choices they made with their own life

I think only a person with something to hide would object to proving you are what you say you are. This isnt like taking a job at 7-11
What does releasing his college transcripts prove?

Did Reagan's degree in theater affect his abilities as President? Would knowing he got a "C" in improv class better inform your opinion of him? President Obama went to Columbia, that IS proven. Get over it.

We know more about our Presidents and Presidential candidates than in any other point in history. The election was over A LONG TIME AGO.

What else does he have to "prove" to you? If you do not believe he attended Columbia at all, well then you are not a reasonable person - and dialogue with such a person is futile.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2010, 02:41 PM

470 posts, read 462,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art123 View Post
What does releasing his college transcripts prove?

Did Reagan's degree in theater affect his abilities as President? Would knowing he got a "C" in improv class better inform your opinion of him? President Obama went to Columbia, that IS proven. Get over it.

We know more about our Presidents and Presidential candidates than in any other point in history. The election was over A LONG TIME AGO.

What else does he have to "prove" to you? If you do not believe he attended Columbia at all, well then you are not a reasonable person - and dialogue with such a person is futile.
You know, just writing off people who are looking for truths and answers as crazy or whatever you people do shows how crazy YOU people really are. Not 1 single person in this thread who says that any information provided in the OP is garbage and not true cannot even prove that themselves, you are ALL going on hearsay, not 1 single fact. What is wrong for looking at and for the facts?

Old 05-05-2010, 02:42 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by db1025 View Post
your proof is NOT proof. Don't be so naive, with the amount of money this guy threw around to hide all this stuff, don't think for 1 second that these people weren't paid to say what they said. Why is he not in the yearbook? Why did 400+ people in his graduating class never see him there? a SS card from 1890? You can't just write this off as garbage, you have NO CLUE if it is garbage or not.
And all the same stuff could be said about ANY candidate. How do we know that Gerald Ford was Gerald Ford? How do we know that his birth certificate was valid? With all the money spent on Presidential campaigns, who knows what people have been paid to say.

The bottom line is that it's not necessary for a Presidential candidate to release their school records as verification of identity. All they have to do is have a birth certificate which the state verifies as valid. Hawaii has verified that President Obama's birth certificate is valid. If the man in the White House wasn't Barack Obama, then he would surely have picked a better alias. If you believe that President Obama is Barack Obama, then what grounds do you have for believing that the State of Hawaii has lied when it has officially and emphatically declared that Obama was born in Honolulu? Why would the State of Hawaii lie?

Old 05-05-2010, 02:43 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times
Quote:
I see you failed to mention the millions spent to HIDE his info. Forget about that?
I'm not a big fan of redundancy, and since you already tried to make that point, I saw no reason to repeat it.

Old 05-05-2010, 02:46 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,628,399 times
Quote:
your proof is NOT proof. Don't be so naive, with the amount of money this guy threw around to hide all this stuff, don't think for 1 second that these people weren't paid to say what they said. Why is he not in the yearbook? Why did 400+ people in his graduating class never see him there? a SS card from 1890? You can't just write this off as garbage, you have NO CLUE if it is garbage or not.
Ah yes, the Obama campaign paid off ex roommates, and a VERY well respected college to 'say' Obama graduated and attended.

I wasn't in my High School yearbook OR my college yearbook(s)... yet I still attended. I doubt even one person would remember me, because I was the quiet one in the back who DIDN'T party and DIDN'T socialize all that much. I was at college to LEARN, not make 'friends'.

And honestly, how many people would remember a single student they may or may not have had a class with 25 years after they graduated??? Hell, I only remember a few students from my college classes and I just graduated this last year. Jr. College? Graduated there in 04, and I'd be hard pressed to name more than 2 or 3 people off the top of my head.

Sorry, that IS garbage. Conspiracy theory garbage.

Old 05-05-2010, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
And all the same stuff could be said about ANY candidate. How do we know that Gerald Ford was Gerald Ford? How do we know that his birth certificate was valid? With all the money spent on Presidential campaigns, who knows what people have been paid to say.

The bottom line is that it's not necessary for a Presidential candidate to release their school records as verification of identity. All they have to do is have a birth certificate which the state verifies as valid. Hawaii has verified that President Obama's birth certificate is valid. If the man in the White House wasn't Barack Obama, then he would surely have picked a better alias. If you believe that President Obama is Barack Obama, then what grounds do you have for believing that the State of Hawaii has lied when it has officially and emphatically declared that Obama was born in Honolulu? Why would the State of Hawaii lie?
I can't believe that you have to ask the question why would the state lie. Where have you been? Ever heard of corruption? Payoffs? Do you think that could never happen here? Of course it could, I'm not saying it did, but there are too many unanswered questions that are pointed out in the OP. His half sister said he was born in 2 different hospitals when asked at 2 different times? Why was the name of the hospital not on the BC? Like I said, there are too many things not very clear and these are things that should be crystal clear. I am no way saying that I firmly believe any of it, but it can't be just written off as garbage because the truth is that nobody but Barack and his close allies know the truth.

Old 05-05-2010, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Ah yes, the Obama campaign paid off ex roommates, and a VERY well respected college to 'say' Obama graduated and attended.

I wasn't in my High School yearbook OR my college yearbook(s)... yet I still attended. I doubt even one person would remember me, because I was the quiet one in the back who DIDN'T party and DIDN'T socialize all that much. I was at college to LEARN, not make 'friends'.

And honestly, how many people would remember a single student they may or may not have had a class with 25 years after they graduated??? Hell, I only remember a few students from my college classes and I just graduated this last year. Jr. College? Graduated there in 04, and I'd be hard pressed to name more than 2 or 3 people off the top of my head.

Sorry, that IS garbage. Conspiracy theory garbage.
you do not know this in any way shape or form. If you say you do, you are a liar. There are more unanswered questions than just the college thing. I guess you didn't read the article.

Old 05-05-2010, 02:51 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobKovacs View Post
Dude....get over it...he's the President, and no amount of posting the same drivel that's been regurgitated for the past two+ years is going to change that. Now put your tin foil hat back on and get back under the pyramid......
I see you read not one bit of that link. I read and read although I didn't agree with all of it and still have lots to read and you answered within 6 minutes of it showing up. What kind of speed reader are, you, anyway.

Old 05-05-2010, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Here you go, a firsthand account of someone who knew him at Columbia.

FactCheck Mailbag, Week of Feb. 16-Feb. 22 | FactCheck.org

And if that's not enough, the college certainly claims him. Do you think they would lie and ruin their creditability about something like that?

Barack Obama '83 Becomes First College Alumnus To Win Presidency | Columbia College
I failed to find any proof that The One attended that college like his Thesis or anything like that. Maybe he didn't write any papers there but I bet he did.

Old 05-05-2010, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Or maybe an article published by Colombia's student magazine, The Sundial?

http://www.politico.com/static/PPM116_obamaessay.html
All I found there was that he was one of those anti-military left leaners. Is there something that we know for sure was posted before he started running for President. There have been many improvements in what can be done with computers since he was there. Oh well, now I know what his name was at Columbia, or at least what could have been inserted with a computer and the proper knowledge.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies