Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What (mostly) is keeping us safe from terror attacks?
Obama administration actions 19 27.94%
Bush administration policies 19 27.94%
Alert private citizens 11 16.18%
Inept terrorists 19 27.94%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2010, 02:21 AM

1,928 posts, read 3,643,442 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wellness View Post
There has been 3 terrorist attempts since uncle obama took over...
After 9/11 no attempts under Bush!
Well, Richard Reid comes to mind. That was December 2001.

And 9/11 was the big one. And it was during Bush's presidency.

Before you pounce, I don't blame Bush for 9/11. The war on terrorism was failing long before he came to office.

I also don't blame him for Richard Reid.

I don't blame Obama for the attempts since he has been in office.

Bush and Obama were not the terrorists and therefore can't be blamed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2010, 02:29 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,851,639 times
As long as we continue to occupy the Middle East the terrorists will continue. Obamas policies will bring on more attacks until we leave the Middle East just like Bushes policies. If I'm going to "blame" the President for the attacks may as well give him credit for "stopping" attacks.

Old 05-06-2010, 02:37 AM

1,928 posts, read 3,643,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
As long as we continue to occupy the Middle East the terrorists will continue. Obamas policies will bring on more attacks until we leave the Middle East just like Bushes policies. If I'm going to "blame" the President for the attacks may as well give him credit for "stopping" attacks.
True. But I don't really believe once we are out of there the attacks will stop. Too much deep-seeded hatred for us that has been going on for decades. But I would still like to see us out of there soon.

Old 05-06-2010, 04:31 AM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
People who hate Obama say that he is a Muslim and he has nothing to do with keeping America safe.

People who love Obama say that he is competent unlike Bush so his leadership skills are superior. That is the reason we haven't been attacked yet according to the Obama fans.

What say you?
I have never heard anyone say that Obama personally prevented the attacks, but don't you think FBI, and other intelligence services should be an option in the poll? It was FBI who caught the Times Square guy in two days.

Old 05-06-2010, 04:35 AM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catrick View Post
Well, Richard Reid comes to mind. That was December 2001.

And 9/11 was the big one. And it was during Bush's presidency.
There were more than that during Bush presidency, including the plot to blow up the nuke plants, but what is a president supposed to do about it? Bush did his best and Obama is doing his best, but there is no way to prevent an attack 100%. There is simply no way. Cheney and Bish admitted that a new attack was just a matter of time.

Old 05-06-2010, 04:44 AM

5,419 posts, read 9,193,173 times
We haven't been attacked since Obama became President.. Credit goes to....

*drumroll*

Everyday members of the military keeping them occupied over there.
FBI/Border Patrol/CIA people who get blasted every day for things but never get credit for doing anything. [thankless, nameless job]
Ordinary Citizens.

Obama, being President, has had no direct involvement in any of these incidents and therefore shouldn't get credit or blame.

Old 05-06-2010, 05:57 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,539,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
People who hate Obama say that he is a Muslim and he has nothing to do with keeping America safe.

People who love Obama say that he is competent unlike Bush so his leadership skills are superior. That is the reason we haven't been attacked yet according to the Obama fans.

What say you?

He's kept all the Bush policies in place.....EVEN WIRE TAPPING!!!

Good ol' George!!

Old 05-06-2010, 06:03 AM

3,644 posts, read 10,936,800 times
Ft Hood? NYC? Ringing any bells?

Old 05-06-2010, 06:19 AM

3,566 posts, read 3,731,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
How were we "occupy[ing] the Middle East" before the 1993 World Trade Center attacks, or the African embassy attacks, or the Khobar Towers attack, or the attack on the USS Cole, or 9/11 attacks?

Old 05-06-2010, 07:41 AM

4,783 posts, read 3,740,370 times
A little luck on our part and a great deal of ineptitude on the part of terrorists. Nothing else really. Well prepared and dedicated people can not be stopped from doing anything. Any "measures" taken are only made to make people "think" that they are secure and to ignore reality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies