Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2010, 12:21 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,815,462 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imforit View Post
So are you a racist? Probably. I am not a native speaker and excuse my spelling error but I was on my Iphone
iPhone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2010, 12:21 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,548,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KsStorm View Post
Anyone have a better link?? Not getting it "service unavailable"
try this one:
School District: Flag Clothing Incident "Extremely Unfortunate" | NBC Bay Area

Quote:
On Thursday, about 200 Mexican-American students walked out of class in protest of the flag clothing incident. Members of the group waved the Mexican flag and said they were marching for respect and unity. They also demanded the school suspend the boys who wore the U.S. flag-adorned clothing.

Old 05-07-2010, 12:22 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,845,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Trolling, showcasing hatred and bigotry, under the guise of nationalism.
So wearing the American flag is trolling, Hateful, bigotry?

Wow you should be ashamed that you put another countries holiday over any American wishing to wear a shirt with the American Flag

Do you think you can go to mexico and tell all the Mexicans to remove their flags and replace them with the American flag? What do you think they would tell you

DO you have anyone in your family that gave their life for the flag that you say is trolling, Hateful and bigotry

If thats what you think of our Flag I dont think you deserve to live under that flag. Why not go live under the flag that is most important to you the Mexican flag

Old 05-07-2010, 12:37 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,018,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
So wearing the American flag is trolling, Hateful, bigotry?

Wow you should be ashamed that you put another countries holiday over any American wishing to wear a shirt with the American Flag

Do you think you can go to mexico and tell all the Mexicans to remove their flags and replace them with the American flag? What do you think they would tell you

DO you have anyone in your family that gave their life for the flag that you say is trolling, Hateful and bigotry

If thats what you think of our Flag I dont think you deserve to live under that flag. Why not go live under the flag that is most important to you the Mexican flag
There's a difference between displaying the American flag, etc... and wearing it. For many Veterans,
if they catch you doing it, whether it be on your ass
or on your head, or anywhere in between, they'll ask you to take it off, and if you don't - they'll do it for you, and when their done - you'll wish you were in another country

Old 05-07-2010, 12:40 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,626,323 times
There is breaking news on this coming up in a few on the news, I'm probably gonna have to get back to work before I see it but I can say that this whole deal does pi$$ me off. They wore the US flag on Cinco de Mayo!! In an American school this is 'insensitive'? To all the Mexicans offended by this I say tough bananna. I can't care a whit about 'Mexican pride" or Cinco de Mayo. The 4th of July is our independence day here, and we and all our kids will wear OUR flag on OUR soil whenever, however, and wherever we want. So, go ahead and take to the streets with your Mexican flags and get as bent as you like, but try and tell us we CAN"T display OUR flag and you're way over the line. This is the USA, not Mexico. So, this ethnic intimidation BS needs to stop. Before I go back to work, I think I'll go run up my Ol' Glory high and proud.

Old 05-07-2010, 12:41 PM

1,476 posts, read 2,024,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
There's a difference between displaying the American flag, etc... and wearing it. For many Veterans,
if they catch you doing it, whether it be on your ass
or on your head, or anywhere in between, they'll ask you to take it off, and if you don't - they'll do it for you, and when their done - you'll wish you were in another country
B.S. These kids were wearing T-Shirts like everyone does at 4th of July parades and throughout the year to show their patriotism. Vets love that kind of thing. This is SO different than what you are talking about.

Old 05-07-2010, 12:43 PM

2,794 posts, read 4,155,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepejeep View Post
I'm late to this one but here goes:
If the American flag bothers you GET THE HELL OUT OF THE COUNTRY! This is AMERICA. YOU assimilate to the USA not the other way around! I despise these America hating pieces of garbage ranting about how the flag bothers them etc. but they sure love the freedoms and American way of life here don't they? Get out you ungrateful slime!

I guess that about covers it.

Old 05-07-2010, 12:44 PM

1,914 posts, read 7,148,973 times
I just looked at the video of the tshirts. These are Old Navy Shirts with a little flag on the front. Heck we own those same shirts! I thought they were wearing a flag made into a tshirt. That would not offend me at all and I'm Mexican!! Heck I don't celebrate 5 de mayo because it's a Mexican holiday and I live in the US!! I think they overreacted. And those Mexican kids need to get over it.
These things tick me off. And remember I am a LEGAL Mexican immigrant. My people just need to get with it.

Old 05-07-2010, 12:46 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,442,508 times
Well get use to this crap!!!!!!!!!! You have a federal government that does not give a damn about the illegal situation, you have States doing the jobs. that our Federal Government should be doing, the illegal situation should not be left up to individual States. You have a Sate trying to do something about this pesky, negative, expensive problem, and you have Idiots boycotting that State, that actually gives a damn., about their State. People you have the wrong priorities set. This is still America in case you have forgotten, We should still have pride in being Americans. For those of you who don't want anything done about the illegal situation, why don't you just invite all of these illegals, to live on your Street, tell me how you like it then.

Old 05-07-2010, 12:48 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,812,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdencaulfield View Post
The girl said she was offended by their actions, not by the flag, big difference. To quote her, "It was disrepectful for them to do this on this day, we wouldn't do it on 4th of July." I don't know why you assumed the girl was Mexican.

Cinco de mayo is not even an equivalent of 4th of July.
She's just a dumb uneducated kid who doesn't like America.
If American flag offends them they should go back where they came from.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies