Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2010, 10:40 AM

160 posts, read 183,543 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
Yes, far better to roll over and let your country and culture be usurped by invaders for whom you are providing all of life's benefits. Better that than to <gasp!>...offend the sensibilities of criminals! How many of these little illegal sh*ts stand for the Pledge of Alliegence at the start of each school day?

MLK, whether you like him or not, was American. Mexicans are not Americans. You're comparing apples and oranges.
Why do you automatically assume that all Mexican-Americans are illegal? I've met many Mexicans who were proud of their Mexican heritage and they were not illegal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2010, 10:43 AM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,916,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyanger View Post
So, are you against the folks that burn the US Flag as well?
(just trying to clarify - not attack)
Yes, I have the same problem with them. I feel that it is an improper display that serves no real purpose.

Old 05-06-2010, 10:47 AM

2,010 posts, read 2,371,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
The sad commentary is that it is now considered by some to be patriotic to provoke a confrontation. What these kids did is akin to wearing a Confederate flag shirt on MLK day.
So I'm sure if anyone one wears or pushes the Mexican flag on 4th of July, you have no problem with a school who makes a decision to send them home? Yeah right. ACLU and MALDEF would come out of the woodwork for that one, and we'd have lib cartoons of the priciple in a klan robe and hood.

Old 05-06-2010, 10:47 AM

90 posts, read 123,705 times
where are the posts from the liberals on this thread? they SHOULD be outraged at this. aren't they for "rights"? i suppose they are secretly supporting the ASSt. principal on this one though.

Old 05-06-2010, 10:48 AM

52,708 posts, read 34,525,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borikua View Post
How do we know that Mexican students were really "upset"?
"Some were yelling Spanish to us," said a student who is half-Hispanic and wore an American flag T-shirt. "I couldn't understand it, but it sounded bad."

Quote:
That could have been a BS story the ASSistant principal made up to create a stir. The concern was that the presence of the t-shirts could lead to fights on school grounds.

This does not sound like it came from the students but from the campus administration, but of course, white people are the new "victims of discrimination" - boo hoo!!!!

at least two of the US-flag wearing kids were of mexican descent.

i guess it's only OK for them to be proud of the mexican flag

Old 05-06-2010, 10:49 AM

2,010 posts, read 2,371,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddy1427 View Post
where are the posts from the liberals on this thread? they SHOULD be outraged at this. aren't they for "rights"? i suppose they are secretly supporting the ASSt. principal on this one though.
To most of them if you are a white, republican, Christian male, you don't deserve any rights.

Old 05-06-2010, 10:50 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,253,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
So I'm sure if anyone one wears or pushes the Mexican flag on 4th of July, you have no problem with a school who makes a decision to send them home? Yeah right. ACLU and MALDEF would come out of the woodwork for that one, and we'd have lib cartoons of the priciple in a klan robe and hood.
I agree with you completely. Lets see if it happens.

Old 05-06-2010, 10:52 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,740,820 times
Quote:
It's clear that the students only wore the American flag attire to cause problems. They picked the one day that it would be very likely to lead to confrontation and possible violence to act like jingoistic jerkoffs. IMO, the school handled this situation perfectly.

It is one thing to be proud of your country and the American flag. It is something much different to use the display of the flag as a device to sitr up trouble for no reason.
You are a good example of what is wrong with this picture. Go to any mall and see how many American flags are part of the clothing selections today. You really do not have a problem with an American student not being able to wear his/her flag anytime they choose? You will simply lay down and be run over like the rest of the lemmings. Back in the 60's I wore a black arm band to protest the V.N war and not one teacher threw me out.

Old 05-06-2010, 10:53 AM

7,786 posts, read 8,024,746 times
the kid with the red white and blue sneakers could have just turned them inside out

Old 05-06-2010, 11:01 AM

17,400 posts, read 11,967,439 times
Quote:
It's clear that the students only wore the American flag attire to cause problems. They picked the one day that it would be very likely to lead to confrontation and possible violence to act like jingoistic jerkoffs. IMO, the school handled this situation perfectly.

It is one thing to be proud of your country and the American flag. It is something much different to use the display of the flag as a device to sitr up trouble for no reason.
You're kidding, right? Soooo.....the students that were wearing the mexican flag weren't doing THAT to stir up trouble? And that the kids wearing the America flag weren't wearing them to show their pride in their country, as a PEACEFUL PROTEST of the celebrating of a minor mexican holiday with its start in the US?

Americans fought and died for that flag. There should NEVER be a need to defend the American flag.

We need to start putting the blame where it truly belongs - on the liberal nutjobs that are the ones stirring up trouble. That are bringing political correctness to a dangerous level. And who are creating an underlying disgust with those tactics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies