Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2010, 04:17 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,014,556 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
These Mexicans that come here and rant about their "pride" I would like to ask what the h*ll they are proud of? Mexico and every other brown country is a cesspool of violence drug lords with governments so corrupt the people will risk dying to leave. Pride. What a joke!
Your post just screams hate.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2010, 04:22 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,145,727 times
Speaking of the noose comparison some guy was on CNN last night saying wearing an American flag-emblazoned shirt was akin to gang attire.

Old 05-13-2010, 04:25 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,058,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banana Child View Post
honey, if you're trying to imply that im mexican, im not
Of course not....I have no idea what you are. Sensitive much or do you always read things that aren't there??

Old 05-13-2010, 04:45 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,014,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
Speaking of the noose comparison some guy was on CNN last night saying wearing an American flag-emblazoned shirt was akin to gang attire.
Seeing the pic of the five boys I guess you could call them the Wonder Bread Gang

They were referring to the use of colors prominent in gangs.
For e.g.:
The Crips use blue
The Bloods use red

Old 05-13-2010, 08:44 PM

171 posts, read 212,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCyank View Post
LOL...you getting all worked up over a couple of t-shirts.

Fact is, people will find offense if they are looking. They'll find it everywhere, anywhere, even if it only exists in their own mind. Really, just tell one of your friends that people are looking at them funny. Suddenly they will begin to 'see' that people ARE looking at them funny....even though you made it all up. Once it gets in their head and they think it, it becomes real to them. You've been listening to the voices in your head for way too long. Not everyone is a racist. Not every t-shirt is an offense. Not everyone who chooses not to participate in Cinco de Mayo is going to string up a Mexican from a tree. Oh, and you are not God.
Never once did I say I am God. I said in my honest opinion!!! But, u are not God either. As a matter of fact I was responded to your original comment stating how u feel and I am stating how I feel. I know everyone is not a racist black, white, mexicans etc. And, no everyone doesn't have to celebrate Cinco De Mayo ( I didn't and never did). But u can use all the excuses u want the message to me and to you too (ur just afraid to admit it) was clear. No the kids didn't have to participate in Cinco De Mayo and same as they didn't have to choose that day to send a message. Yes, they can do as they please and yes the Mexicans have the right to say they are offended!!!

Old 05-13-2010, 08:59 PM

3,459 posts, read 5,790,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emcallis View Post
Mexicans have the right to say they are offended!!!
If Mexicans have a right to be offended by US flags on Cinco De Mayo, Americans have a right to be offended if they see a Mexican flag on Independence Day, correct?

I wonder what the Mexicans would do if Americans started gathering for riots outside all the businesses that display Mexican flags...

Old 05-13-2010, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyanger View Post
American Flag = noose on a tree

The comparison may seem far fetched, but the thought process I don't see differently. They stilled used an object to ridicule, scare, put down, or demean another race and it's wrong. You have to be careful with kids these days, because they don't need a lot to set them off. Encouraging behavior that is done out of spite is not good for no person, race, religion, or sexual preference. I don't agree with a lot of things going around the US - but as an example to my children I must behave accordingly. ( a lot of the policies was put in place and I GUESS because so many Americans has lost their job they want everyone to go home to open more opportunity for the Americans. But because they don't go, some Americans want to bully them.)

[SIZE=2][/SIZE]Again, what bothers me in MY OPINION is these kids are not being made to take responsibility for their actions or at least being honest about their actions, the adults around them are finding excuses for them. Those Mexican kids in that school are still kids.

Do you think they wore the same attire for St. Patrick Day.
?

Old 05-13-2010, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlinggirl View Post
If Mexicans have a right to be offended by US flags on Cinco De Mayo, Americans have a right to be offended if they see a Mexican flag on Independence Day, correct?
If that's what they feel. But, I don't recall that happening at least in my town. You? But, why all of a sudden is there's this issue. That's why I know the kids did it out of spite - because of the big issue going on with the Mexicans. I just want them to admit it!! Stop lying talkin about we always wear these clothes often . You want them out of here - I get it. ( i don't think any illegals should be here of any race) but, lets do it the right way. Let not teach our children they way of getting things done is bulling people, that's all. Stirring up hate!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlinggirl View Post
I wonder what the Mexicans would do if Americans started gathering for riots outside all the businesses that display Mexican flags...
Why not start a riot at the company's that are hiring illegal immigrants
their the problem that started this mess. Or are they too big to bully!!

Old 05-13-2010, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GottaBMe View Post
Good Examples!

Bad example... You know there are lot of things going on in the US with the Mexican's now!! Be real.. they just kidnapped a mentally challenged Mexican and burned a hate symbol on him. Who R u fooling????

Old 05-14-2010, 03:30 AM

9,408 posts, read 11,925,299 times
Simple: Outlaw flags except for the stars and stripes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies