Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2010, 10:32 AM

380 posts, read 642,586 times

Advertisements

I see tons of former Obama supporters jumping ship.

Ironic, however, is that our weak & radical president was clearly evident as such in the campaign.

These folks have no cause to be surprised.

His lack of experience, community organizing background, connections to radicals, and "spread the wealth around" commentary should have been enough for anyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2010, 10:52 AM

4,049 posts, read 5,031,081 times
I bet most disillusioned Obama voters are still glad it wasn't McCain..

Funny how it seems that the more liberal voters have an easier time thinking for themselves, whereas most conservatives/current Tea Partiers were blindly loyal to Bush all the way until after his 8 tragic years were over - and only now they seem to be getting a clue.

Old 05-06-2010, 10:59 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,843,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicIsYourFriend View Post

Funny how it seems that the more liberal voters have an easier time thinking for themselves, whereas most conservatives/current Tea Partiers were blindly loyal to Bush all the way until after his 8 tragic years were over - and only now they seem to be getting a clue.
That is getting past so old

-What was Bushs approval rating when he left office?

For people that were suppose to be so loyal to the man his approval rating was so low

Tell me what is so different now that Obama is in office? I mean these liberals that are suppose to be able to think for themselves cant even notice the things they complained about Bush that made him the worst president ever. They now blindly support Obama doing

Old 05-06-2010, 11:03 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,278,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post

For people that were suppose to be so loyal to the man his approval rating was so low
I suppose logic isn't his friend.

Old 05-06-2010, 11:20 AM

4,049 posts, read 5,031,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
That is getting past so old

-What was Bushs approval rating when he left office?

Tell me what is so different now that Obama is in office? I mean these liberals that are suppose to be able to think for themselves cant even notice the things they complained about Bush that made him the worst president ever. They now blindly support Obama doing
You're wrong about that. Even the OP admits it. Obama voters are disillusioned, and we're on year 2, not 7 or 8!

There are PLENTY of liberal voices criticizing Obama on real issues, and have been since he started. But you don't watch "liberal media" so you wouldn't know.. you must just guess based on what your crowd does when an (R) is in office.

You don't see people calling Obama criticizers "anti-American" just because they aren't blindly supporting their president 100%. Yet this was the favorite response by the now-tea partiers to anyone voicing criticism against Bush during his reign.

Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
I suppose logic isn't his friend.
I suppose original comedy isn't your friend.

Last edited by LogicIsYourFriend; 05-06-2010 at 11:38 AM..

Old 05-06-2010, 11:27 AM

37,131 posts, read 42,200,354 times
I hardly think lack of support for Obama is a "score" for Republicans, who's inability to field a proper candidate is one of the leading reasons Obama was able to attract so many votes. The bottom line is no matter how bad you think Obama is, the Republicans were worse. Bashing Obama isn't going to change that fact.

Old 05-06-2010, 11:32 AM

8,628 posts, read 9,133,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I hardly think lack of support for Obama is a "score" for Republicans, who's inability to field a proper candidate is one of the leading reasons Obama was able to attract so many votes. The bottom line is no matter how bad you think Obama is, the Republicans were worse. Bashing Obama isn't going to change that fact.
You said it all, you are absolutely correct.

Old 05-06-2010, 11:35 AM

1,041 posts, read 1,525,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Pretty much.

Old 05-06-2010, 11:38 AM

1,038 posts, read 1,225,382 times
First the far right claims that Obama supporters are sheeple and zombies. Now they claim they are deserting him. More contradications from the right.

Old 05-06-2010, 12:02 PM

380 posts, read 642,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicIsYourFriend View Post
I beg to differ. With McCain, we at least wouldn't have:

1) the Health Care Scam
2) Wimpy foreign policy
3) Appointments of radical judges to federal courts (and soon the supreme court)
4) $1.5 trillion budget deficit
5) A picture of Obama and Hugo Chavez shaking hands
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies