Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2010, 08:10 PM

1,943 posts, read 3,338,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve1077 View Post
We NEED to help our African brothers and sisters! All whites living in sub-Saharen Africa should be forced(with compensation) to leave the continent. Then, all Africans from all over the globe should move back to Africa and make it the greatest continent on earth!!!

Saharan *

Old 05-06-2010, 09:51 PM

94 posts, read 69,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
I learned all about Western Civilization in school, its great history and leaders…..and the only time I read about people who looked like me….they were in chains or had something to do with civil rights.
That's because Blacks had their great 'oral tradition' when Whites began to explore Africa in the late 1800s/early 1900s (before that, Whites bought/traded slaves from African tribes on the coast of West Africa, they didn't have to explore inland) but no written language.

So, of course you would be learning about Western Civilization because there is no written history of Africa nor was there really any progress in the sub-Sahara until the White man arrived. What we do know is from Belgium explorers in the Congo or White South Africans who met with Chaka and the Zulu or the Xhosa (these people were still living in loin cloth and hunting with spear 150 years ago) because they were ot using a written language.

It's not that they don't want to teach about it but there are no great African scientists, philosophers, inventors, etc... if they are, most likely they were educated in predominately-White countries such African-Americans. Truth hurts but Africans were living in the stone age until Whites arrived.

Old 05-07-2010, 12:58 AM

11,944 posts, read 14,782,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post

White people simply do not understand and cannot empathize……or just don’t want to. What this man was attempting to do is something that whites cannot relate to, because they exist in a world where the panicle of success all have white faces…..with the exception of the sports world, which I would gladly be willing switch and let you have in place of that which you have. I learned all about Western Civilization in school, its great history and leaders…..and the only time I read about people who looked like me….they were in chains or had something to do with civil rights.
I strongly disagree. White people empathized enough to insist on equal rights for minorities. White people got those laws overturned. White people stuck their necks out to do the right thing by their fellow man even in the face of tremendous losses. Allowing yourselves to wallow in pity is a treacherous addiction. You don't have to subscribe to a faith in order to understand the concept of acedia being a vexation of the spirit, or it's corresponding cure. Seven virtues - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. Quit divorcing yourself from humanity with your defensive posture.

At this point in time I really see no point in forcing training wheels on children who need to learn how to use their own power. I wish this private group would have just kept that trip away from school matters if they were that stingy to insist only black children should attend. IMO all those children needed that education equally. No excuses; if you want it bad enough this is what you can achieve. Expect your college professor, your co workers and/ or your boss might be black.

Why resent anyone else's success? You can't learn from a white face? As female, I learned a great deal from men on my way up the ladder. I never had a vested interest in hating them despite having eons worth of evidence. That ladder wasn't easy, and it had set unfair limits not based on meritocracy. Only when I realized I was dependent upon an employer writing the rules for my own success did I break through that ceiling. Where there is a will there is a way.

Old 05-07-2010, 07:23 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,707,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
I strongly disagree. White people empathized enough to insist on equal rights for minorities. White people got those laws overturned. White people stuck their necks out to do the right thing by their fellow man even in the face of tremendous losses. Allowing yourselves to wallow in pity is a treacherous addiction. You don't have to subscribe to a faith in order to understand the concept of acedia being a vexation of the spirit, or it's corresponding cure. Seven virtues - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. Quit divorcing yourself from humanity with your defensive posture.

At this point in time I really see no point in forcing training wheels on children who need to learn how to use their own power. I wish this private group would have just kept that trip away from school matters if they were that stingy to insist only black children should attend. IMO all those children needed that education equally. No excuses; if you want it bad enough this is what you can achieve. Expect your college professor, your co workers and/ or your boss might be black.

Why resent anyone else's success? You can't learn from a white face? As female, I learned a great deal from men on my way up the ladder. I never had a vested interest in hating them despite having eons worth of evidence. That ladder wasn't easy, and it had set unfair limits not based on meritocracy. Only when I realized I was dependent upon an employer writing the rules for my own success did I break through that ceiling. Where there is a will there is a way.
I don't recall blacks gaining their rights ever being on a ballot box. What happened is that a few brave whites in politics went against the grain of general white sentiment. The masses of white people cannot take credit for the actions of a few white people that went against the grain and forced change. When MLK was alive he was hated by most whites. Whites, as a collective, have NEVER been contemporary in recognizing their role in promoting or preserving racial inequality. Its only when decades pass do whites then look back and say what "Those whites" did was wrong. That is because they never want to take responsibility for the impact of their own ignorance and prejudice, while getting all the benefits from it.

Old 05-07-2010, 07:37 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,745,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve1077 View Post
We NEED to help our African brothers and sisters! All whites living in sub-Saharen Africa should be forced(with compensation) to leave the continent. Then, all Africans from all over the globe should move back to Africa and make it the greatest continent on earth!!!
That would probably result in a catastrophe.

Old 05-07-2010, 07:40 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,745,361 times
Anyway, regarding the op, "... when the 30 students, members of an African-American academic support group, ..." makes me think that the trip was not a regular class trip, but that of a special interest group so to speak. If that trip is against the law, wouldn't the mere existence of that AA academic support group be so, too?
While I do not support segregation from either side, I can understand the motivation behind that particular trip.

Old 05-07-2010, 08:26 AM

6,902 posts, read 7,537,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Because tossing more money into a failed public school system will only fatten the wallets of school officials and leave the children to suffer. We have seen it repeated with no better results, for over forty years.

Then in that case, stop claiming that blacks depend on the government, but then co-sign an unfair government funded practice that the democrats did away with. As for those administrators, like any other employer, if their not doing their jobs, they shouldn't have them.

Old 05-07-2010, 12:41 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times
Discussing issues about race on C-D is like pissing into the wind and not nearly as much fun.

Old 05-07-2010, 05:00 PM

24,411 posts, read 23,065,142 times
I saw this and thought it was pretty sad. The trip organizer is living almost 40 years in the past and is a bigger road block to the kids he's trying to help than he could ever realize. He owes all the children an apology and needs to try to re think his priorities and remember just what exactly education is all about.
He needs to step down or be removed, he can't function as an administrator obviously.

Old 05-07-2010, 05:03 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
k12 is a social engineering machine designed to create a level playing field, similar to the level playing field attempted by the 3rd reich.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies