Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2007, 11:37 AM

2,970 posts, read 2,258,079 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skytrekker View Post
I moderate the Connecticut forum

that is the realm of my 'influence' beyond that I have no influence.

Frankly I feel intimated by the right wing Nazi gestapo tactics- that exist

here. Am I afraid? nope. Spunky you go right ahead and report me- or does the brain police prevent me from expressing my opinion?

Not afraid or impressed- your reign of control is abating-
Skytrekker you are, like the rest of City Data members allowed to post your opinion. However when your posts become bigoted, threatening, and inflammatory, then that is crossing the line. If you were attacked you would be the 1st to cry foul. Even though you say you have no authority on this forum, one would think you of all people would know the forum rules and abide by them.

If anyone posted what you posted about "straight white guys" about gay people they would be banned. Let's see what happens.

BTW,your saracastic comment about the "brain police" it doesn't take much brain power to resort to bigoted inflammatory remarks.

Old 06-14-2007, 11:39 AM

14,044 posts, read 27,211,458 times
I can't believe the whining about Skytrekker's postings, especially with the blasting I have seen by the conservative side.

Just confirms what I always suspected, the Limbaugh want-to-be's are overcompensating babies.

Old 06-14-2007, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremeyk482 View Post
Why, because you don't agree with his POV?

I see many, many times on these threads where mods offer their opinions. Just because you're a righty and he a lefty doesn't mean you should report him. Get a backbone.
Ridiculous. No. Do you need to go back and reread his posts. If someone posted what he did and directed it at a minority they would be banned. It has nothing to do with agreeing with his silly statement. Something to the effect. . . if straight white men don't adapt they will die off"

Do you agree with this. . What if someone posted. . if homosexual black men don't adapt they will die off. . they would be banned as racist. . . Why is it any different? Also threatening.

Thank goodness I don't agree with him. I don't agree with most "lefties" as you put it. . But I am open to a civil dabate.

Old 06-14-2007, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Why, because you don't agree with his POV?

I see many, many times on these threads where mods offer their opinions. Just because you're a righty and he a lefty doesn't mean you should report him. Get a backbone.
Ridiculous. No. Do you need to go back and reread his posts. If someone posted what he did and directed it at a minority they would be banned. It has nothing to do with agreeing with his silly statement. Something to the effect. . . if straight white men don't adapt they will die off"

Do you agree with this. . What if someone posted. . if homosexual black men don't adapt they will die off. . they would be banned as racist. . . Why is it any different? Also threatening.

Thank goodness I don't agree with him. I don't agree with most "lefties" as you put it. . But I am open to a civil dabate.

P.S. I have quite a backbone/spine. He was not directing it at me (a female) so you could say I am sticking up for others. . I may have been accused of other things but not having a backbone has never been one of them!

Old 06-14-2007, 11:45 AM

1,251 posts, read 2,577,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
I can't believe the whining about Skytrekker's postings, especially with the blasting I have seen by the conservative side.

Just confirms what I always suspected, the Limbaugh want-to-be's are overcompensating babies.
Should'nt a moderator be held in a higher
standard than a regular joe poster?

Old 06-14-2007, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigchuckie View Post
Should'nt a moderator be held in a higher
standard than a regular joe poster?
Not necessarily but at least to the same standards as others.

Old 06-14-2007, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post

Um I think ya got it wrong. The libs are the cry babies. . Everyone is expected to uphold the forum rules.

Old 06-14-2007, 11:54 AM

4,462 posts, read 8,019,328 times
Well they have complained about my 'inflammatory' messages- and downgraded my reputation. I guess the brain police remark was right on target.

Guess it is time to stand up to this brown shirt thugs.

And forum rules? for who the right wing wing hypocrites? Nope. The powers may be can strip me of being a moderator- but this is in fact a democracy for all views- not just Fox News and the rest of the far right.

Old 06-14-2007, 12:09 PM

572 posts, read 2,088,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky1 View Post
Ridiculous. No. Do you need to go back and reread his posts. If someone posted what he did and directed it at a minority they would be banned.
Are you kidding me? You haven't read the posts insulting homosexuals and liberals that are in this forum daily? Or do you just choose to ignore and/or accept those as "controversy?"

Old 06-14-2007, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Are you kidding me? You haven't read the posts insulting homosexuals and liberals that are in this forum daily? Or do you just choose to ignore and/or accept those as "controversy?"

Yes, I do see posts insulting liberals just like I see posts insulting conservatives. This is a political forum, it's to be expected. And I see posters stating that they do not agree with homosexual marriage, and they believe it is against nature etc. But not inflammatory rude remarks so bold as these. . . I still believe if anyone posted that gay men need to adapt (ie change) then they will die off then their would be a huge outcry and they would be called bigot etc. No one has answered why it is acceptable to insult "white straight males" but watch out if it is directed towards a mintority.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies