Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2010, 05:34 AM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times

Advertisements

As fas as I am aware this has never happened before althought libertarians have called for it for decades.

Obama administration now supports Fed audit - Stocks & economy- msnbc.com

WASHINGTON - Following last-minute adjustments, a proposal to audit the Federal Reserve that the Obama administration once opposed was on the verge of passing the Senate as it attracted broad support from conservatives and liberals alike.

The administration withdrew its objections to the proposal Thursday, saying it was satisfied that the audit would not interfere with the Fed's authority to set monetary policy.

The one-time audit would focus on the Fed's emergency lending to financial institutions in the months leading up to and after the 2008 financial crisis. At its peak, at the end of 2008, the Fed's lending totaled $1.16 trillion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2010, 05:40 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
As fas as I am aware this has never happened before althought libertarians have called for it for decades.
Ron Paul, big supporter of the idea..
Quote:
WASHINGTON - Following last-minute adjustments, a proposal to audit the Federal Reserve that the Obama administration once opposed was on the verge of passing the Senate as it attracted broad support from conservatives and liberals alike.
Translation: Obama conducted a poll and found blocking the bill unpopular so he decided to change his support..
Quote:
The administration withdrew its objections to the proposal Thursday, saying it was satisfied that the audit would not interfere with the Fed's authority to set monetary policy.
There is a bs rationality.. Why would an audit interfere with them setting monetary policy? That is after all the reason for their existance..
Quote:
The one-time audit would focus on the Fed's emergency lending to financial institutions in the months leading up to and after the 2008 financial crisis. At its peak, at the end of 2008, the Fed's lending totaled $1.16 trillion.
Translation: Its not really an audit, just a review of policy.

Old 05-07-2010, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Ron Paul, big supporter of the idea..
Yes, I know. I am a Ron Paul supporter.

I'll leave the rest of yor post to the partisan spin-meisters.

Old 05-07-2010, 06:35 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,363,549 times
Quote:
Yes, I know. I am a Ron Paul supporter.

I'll leave the rest of yor post to the partisan spin-meisters.
Paul is upset that the audit is just a one time deal,can't say I blame him for all the years and effort that he and supporters have put into it.In reality that is the best he is going to get and something is better then nothing.Maybe there will be enough in the audit to wake the people up on how the FR and the banksters run the country.
I found it interesting that during the debate the stock market crashes 900 points,kinda makes me wonder.

Old 05-07-2010, 06:43 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,218,480 times
Quote:

Obama administration now supports Fed audit - Stocks & economy- msnbc.com

ron paul has been asking for afull audit. I am starting to be swayed by the fact he might havd a true grasp of what is going in

Old 05-07-2010, 06:52 AM

974 posts, read 1,586,760 times
Ron Paul has nailed them a ton of times about needing to audit the fed. He was called crazy. Now all of a sudden polls are showing Dems and Reps are not getting the votes they thought they would we are getting a one time only audit. Paul wants a full audit of the fed, from years back. I doubt we would ever see that. All this "audit" is going to do is swing a couple of votes back to the politicians.

Old 05-07-2010, 07:01 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,104,274 times
This has been needed forever. I can't understand why it hasn't been done before, since banks and credit unions are required to be audited yearly.

Old 05-07-2010, 07:22 AM

968 posts, read 2,623,210 times
because the fed isn't required by any law to be fiscally responsible, and theres no real immediate incentive for them TO be fiscally responsible. the states lose funding if they don't appropriate their funds correctly, the fed just "prints" more (with fiat currency).

Old 05-07-2010, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reid_g View Post
Maybe there will be enough in the audit to wake the people up on how the FR and the banksters run the country.
I am also hoping the audit will reveal something and make people go "WAAAAHHH". I think the sunlight is finding the vampire, and the vampire won't like it.

I came back from the golf course yesterday and read the news about the 1000 point drop at Wall Street. It was a bit of a jaw dropper, but luckliy the market regained most of the loss.

Old 05-07-2010, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
ron paul has been asking for afull audit. I am starting to be swayed by the fact he might havd a true grasp of what is going in
During the campaign he was the ONLY ONE who understood the root causes for the economic situation. I was sad to see his republican opponents snicker at him when he was explaining the problem, and I was angry at the media for picking McCain and Romney and not giving Paul a chance to express his opinons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies