Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2010, 02:13 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdencaulfield View Post
From their own websites. When I think of 9/11, words like passionate, relaxation, luxury, and vacation don't come to mind. I guess I'm not tea party material.

"Lots of passionate discussion with other Patriots"
"Diner and Club car provide relaxation luxury"
"have already booked my vacation around the March in Washington 9/11/2010"

AMTRAK TRAIN R/T DC FOR 8/28/10 GLENN BECK RALLY, 9/11/10 GIANT TEA PARTY MARCH-BARGAIN! HURRY - FreedomWorks Tea Party Group

Is the March on Washington 9/11/10 still on? - Patriotic Resistance (http://www.resistnet.com/forum/topics/is-the-march-on-washington - broken link)
I went to one of your links and found that the info you used came from a question that was asked January 28,2010. Now your original TP link was about something that sounded so new and the reply to that woman in January was that they haven't rounded out the planning yet but that, yes, the march is still on. Even a link was provided to learn more. Did you get that far into what you were posting about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2010, 02:16 PM

Quote:
You do realize that 4 out of 10 is 40%, yet you quoted 13% Democrats. Which one is it?? Math is fundamental.
You really do work hard to do your thing and entertain your buddies. Cucunu did her best to explain to what she had said and you just plain ignored her post. Here is her post so you can see what she said.

"The national breakdown of the Tea Party composition is 57 percent Republican, 28 percent Independent and 13 percent Democratic...."

I sea her saying 13 percent Dem. What do you see?

Old 05-07-2010, 02:19 PM

1,038 posts, read 1,225,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I went to one of your links and found that the info you used came from a question that was asked January 28,2010. Now your original TP link was about something that sounded so new and the reply to that woman in January was that they haven't rounded out the planning yet but that, yes, the march is still on. Even a link was provided to learn more. Did you get that far into what you were posting about.
What are you talking about. Who cares when the post was made, it's about the 9/11 party, thats all that matters. I don't care if the planning occured in January or February or March, it's irrelevant. Party on.

Old 05-07-2010, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Not so fast..

Here's a CNN Poll disputing your findings
Now that was one great link and although it had the numbers you wanted I enjoyed reading it and couldn't help thinking that you didn't read it or you wouldn't have posted that link. When you get anymore like that one please post them since I don't pay a lot of attention to CNN for their left lean.

Old 05-07-2010, 02:25 PM

Quote:
What are you talking about. Who cares when the post was made, it's about the 9/11 party, thats all that matters. I don't care if the planning occured in January or February or March, it's irrelevant. Party on.
Really you didn't know diddly about those dates but now you. There is no telling how much you might learn by reading those things after you search engine them to see what you are posting. I am just telling you this because you obviously don't know how you influence those engines with what you ask for and the words you use.

Old 05-07-2010, 02:50 PM

1,928 posts, read 3,645,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
Tea party; a place where aging middle class whites can gather to whine about their hard lives.
Hey. Watch it. I'm an aging used to be middle class white. And the only I'm complaining about is my bursitis.

Old 05-07-2010, 03:12 PM

2,229 posts, read 1,686,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
If I remember correctly, the Teabaggers also scheduled parties on the anniversary of the OKC bombing.

Obviously the Teabaggers care little about their country but a whole lot about themselves..

Think Progress » The ‘Woodstock’ of Tea Parties planned for 9/11 anniversary.
Tea Party Patriots | Events for Saturday, September 11, 2010 (http://www.teapartypatriots.org/Today.aspx?date=9/11/2010 - broken link)

Fail.

Old 05-07-2010, 03:23 PM

7,211 posts, read 9,431,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarlilesiu View Post
Tea Party Patriots | Events for Saturday, September 11, 2010 (http://www.teapartypatriots.org/Today.aspx?date=9/11/2010 - broken link)

Fail.
I don't think so..

“Woodstock” of tea parties planned Sept. 11 in western Iowa | Des Moines Register Staff Blogs

Unless of course the teabaggers are now backing away and rescheduling their "party" due to the criticism they are receiving.

Old 05-07-2010, 03:28 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,554,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
There are no Teabaggers on the current political scene. It's a made up word to marginalize a group that liberals would like to silence.
Wasn't Teabagger first used by Fox news when they descibed the group?

Old 05-07-2010, 04:53 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,207,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Wasn't Teabagger first used by Fox news when they descibed the group?
That's what those who use the term as an insult say. The first time I heard it was from Anderson Cooper. Who the person was who first actually used it, I have no clue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies