Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2010, 11:41 AM

1,038 posts, read 1,225,607 times

Advertisements

Market Drops on More Than Greece

"Oh, man, oh, man! There's something going on. This is more than Greece. The Dow Jones Industrial Average now down 700, and there's still an hour and 13 minutes to go for the -- oh, my God, we're below 10,000, it's down 966! Man, oh, man, the NASDAQ is no better, it's down 206. So you got riots in Greece, riots in Vienna and Germany probably soon, Spain and Portugal next, killing our markets, and this is Obama's market"

"You wait, tomorrow he is going to blame Wall Street for this. And he's AWOL, he's nowhere to be found. This is right up his alley, this kind of tumult and chaos. "

Reality is much different

Sharp stock market drop likely human, computer error - BusinessWeek
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2010, 11:43 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,111,393 times
Since when has this oxy-moron have any remote conception of what the truth is?

And the dittoheads just keep spooning it up.

Old 05-07-2010, 11:43 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,388,397 times

Old 05-07-2010, 11:47 AM

12,373 posts, read 13,194,417 times
What a frickin' useless gasbag...

Old 05-07-2010, 11:48 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Another title thats a lie..

Neither quote, blames Obama or criticizes him for the drop.
1) Says the market is Obamas, acknowledge by all of the liberal threads here when the market was rising.
2) Says Obama will discuss the drop today..

Nice try though.. I see you got your usual response from individuals though who are very qualified at projecting hate!!

Old 05-07-2010, 11:50 AM
Itz

714 posts, read 2,199,389 times
Rush is a idiot filled with hot air....
But the stock market drop wasn't about human error and a computer glitch

Greeces huge BANKRUPT problem with violent protests had a huge role in the drop (not the only role though).

Our stock market is not dependent on JUST the USA - it is also part of the world market and will go up and down based on that as well.

Old 05-07-2010, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Another title thats a lie..

Neither quote, blames Obama.. Nice try though.. I see you got your usual response from individuals though who are very qualified at projecting hate!!
So Rush did not criticize Obama???? Reread the OP, I'm not going to bother to repost it.

Old 05-07-2010, 11:54 AM

269 posts, read 295,970 times
Ugh, I hate it when talking heads from both sides (since they are both guilty) try to use the stock market as an indicator of economic performance. For the liberals that don't believe me, I still see the Nasdaq bubble and the Clinton administration as an indicator of his economic performance and recession that officially started (some say it started earlier) in March 2001 as being Bush's fault.

However, I don't see anything in the transcript that directly blames Obama for this. Rush is basically saying that the combinations of strains from Greece and China compounded the issue. If someone would like to correct me, please do so.

Old 05-07-2010, 11:55 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,388,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdencaulfield View Post
So Rush did not criticize Obama???? Reread the OP, I'm not going to bother to repost it.
Nobody cares about facts, you know that.

Old 05-07-2010, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swirling_vortex View Post
Ugh, I hate it when talking heads from both sides (since they are both guilty) try to use the stock market as an indicator of economic performance. For the liberals that don't believe me, I still see the Nasdaq bubble and the Clinton administration as an indicator of his economic performance and recession that officially started (some say it started earlier) in March 2001 as being Bush's fault.

However, I don't see anything in the transcript that directly blames Obama for this. Rush is basically saying that the combinations of strains from Greece and China compounded the issue. If someone would like to correct me, please do so.
Rush made it a point to focus on Obama during this rant. He was clearly critical of him, read the transcript. He may not have explicitly blamed Obama, but he made it clear that Obama deserves criticism at this time. Rush can't have it both ways. You can't throw around criticisms of Obama regarding the crash and later say he meant nothing by it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies