Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2010, 04:08 PM

4,272 posts, read 3,787,515 times

Advertisements

I wonder if Christians took idolatry as serious as Muslims do, that Hollywood would steer clear of Christ as well. Just a thought.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2010, 04:31 PM

24,405 posts, read 23,061,247 times
Have a national "Dress up as Mohammed Day" on college campuses as a way to make a stand against radicalism.

Old 05-07-2010, 04:59 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,151,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
So....those "edgy" hip liberal producers of "free speech" are a bunch of wussies!! They'll pick on Jesus because they know that Christians may complain but they ain't blowin' nothing up. Hey!! WHERE'S THE ACLU FIGHTING FOR THEIR RIGHT OF FREE EXPRESSION??????

PUNKS! ALL OF THEM! COWED BY RADICAL MUSLIMS! PUNKED BY THE RELIGION OF PEACE. HAHAHAHA!!!!!

They will continue to make fun of other religions.....especially Christianity! But this is off liimts.... wow....
I've been reading this board for two years and I have yet to see anyone but the right wingers care in the least what "Hollywood" is doing.

Old 05-07-2010, 04:59 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,442,508 times
Hollywood Elites, should go live with ALLAH for about a year, come back, then tell me their outlook!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-07-2010, 05:01 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,209,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Hollywood Elites, should go live with ALLAH for about a year, come back, then tell me their outlook!!!!!!!!!!
That has something to do with what exactly?

Old 05-07-2010, 05:02 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,151,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
The right used to (?) insist that Hollywood is Jewish... "a Jewish cabal."

Don't you think Jews are rather better aware of what Muslims are up to than are middle-America white-bread Christians, and have been aware rather longer?!

You all need to make up your mind.

Old 05-07-2010, 05:04 PM

1,125 posts, read 1,590,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geofra View Post
I wonder if Christians took idolatry as serious as Muslims do, that Hollywood would steer clear of Christ as well. Just a thought.
Good thing Christians like myself understand that while people making fun of Jesus is hurtful to us, it is not our place to punish those who are making fun of him. In fact we understand that despite their attacks against Him, Jesus will still forgive them and welcome them into heaven if they will just follow him.

If Jesus can forgive these people, who am I to hold a grudge against them and not forgive?

Old 05-07-2010, 05:07 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
The right used to (?) insist that Hollywood is Jewish... "a Jewish cabal."

Don't you think Jews are rather better aware of what Muslims are up to than are middle-America white-bread Christians, and have been aware rather longer?!

You all need to make up your mind.
Do you understand what this means ?
The Islamic extremists have been able to influence social media and what they can/cannot portray on the screen.

I didn't see right/left in this post at all...but what this group is starting to accomplish via their extremist reactions. That is a mark against freedom of speech that we have little control over anymore.

Old 05-07-2010, 05:12 PM

5,160 posts, read 9,171,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
Don't mess with Allah. That's the new, unwritten code in Hollywood following the one-two punch of Islamic extremists' threats against the creators of "South Park" and the failed bombing attempt outside the cartoon’s parent company, Viacom, in New York's Times Square.
In the current, supercharged climate, it just isn’t worth endangering the safety of an entire production staff or network by pursuing a storyline that Muslim extremists might find offensive, media executives and writers tell Fox411.com.
Aasif Mandvi, a self-described “liberal Muslim” and the “senior Islamic correspondent” for Comedy Central’s The Daily Show, said on air after the “South Park” threats that it would upset him to see the Prophet Muhammad depicted in a cartoon. But, he added: “Here’s what’s more upsetting. Someone, in the name of a faith that I believe in, threatening another person for doing it.”

FOXNews.com - Islam Becomes Taboo Topic on TV in Wake of 'South Park' Threats and Times Square Scare

So....those "edgy" hip liberal producers of "free speech" are a bunch of wussies!! They'll pick on Jesus because they know that Christians may complain but they ain't blowin' nothing up. Hey!! WHERE'S THE ACLU FIGHTING FOR THEIR RIGHT OF FREE EXPRESSION??????

PUNKS! ALL OF THEM! COWED BY RADICAL MUSLIMS! PUNKED BY THE RELIGION OF PEACE. HAHAHAHA!!!!!

They will continue to make fun of other religions.....especially Christianity! But this is off liimts.... wow....
There are many famous comedians who make fun of Islamic beliefs all the time. But then again, you're using Fox News as a source, so you obviously don't care too much about reality anyway.

Old 05-07-2010, 05:18 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,386,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haaziq View Post
There are many famous comedians who make fun of Islamic beliefs all the time. But then again, you're using Fox News as a source, so you obviously don't care too much about reality anyway.
Muslims don't care if you poke fun of the prophet, you just can't show an image of him.

You know,

like this one....

http://images50.fotki.com/v1571/photos/1/1222605/5425932/CrybabyMuhammad-vi.jpg (broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies