Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2010, 04:36 PM

37,959 posts, read 22,134,270 times

Advertisements

That’s right Liberal Bush-bashing democrats. The 0bama administration just announced a $500 Million “No Bid” contract to Halliburton subsidiary KBR.

That’s right Boys & Girls…I said Halliburton!

Obama + No Bid = Halliburton!

http://www.businessweek.com/news/201...-update1-.html

So, start flaming 0bama, like you all did to Bush.

It's not like 0bama has not broken campaign promises not to give no bid contracts before, here was one he gave to one of his democrat buddies:

FOXNews.com - Obama Administration Steers Lucrative No-Bid Contract for Afghan Work to Dem Donor

Hmmm, what has 0bama said about no bid contracts and Halliburton before?:

RealClearPolitics - Video - Flashback: Obama Promised To End "Abuse Of No-Bid Contracts" On Campaign Trail

Last edited by Wapasha; 05-08-2010 at 04:44 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2010, 04:38 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
lots of federal leapfrog goin on, FTA students with bad loans replacing k12 teachers, federal job leapfrog spouses of active duty get 1st pick on all jobs.
it used to be preference points now its 1st pick, leapfrog. the feds are not creating jobs they are laying off people and putting in their own favorites. this is job creation?

Old 05-08-2010, 04:48 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,295,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
That’s right Liberal Bush-bashing democrats. The 0bama administration just announced a $500 Million “No Bid” contract to Halliburton.

That’s right Boys & Girls…I said Halliburton!

Obama + No Bid = Halliburton!

http://www.businessweek.com/news/201...-update1-.html

So, start flaming 0bama, like you all did to Bush.

It's not like 0bama has not broken campaign promises not to give no bid contracts before, here was one he gave to one of his democrat buddies:

FOXNews.com - Obama Administration Steers Lucrative No-Bid Contract for Afghan Work to Dem Donor

Hmmm, what has 0bama said about no bid contracts and Halliburton before?:

RealClearPolitics - Video - Flashback: Obama Promised To End "Abuse Of No-Bid Contracts" On Campaign Trail
Perhaps he's finding out (as I have posted before) that Haliburton is a unique company; nobody does what they do (well almost). Haliburton has been in the oilfield services business for many, many years. They have built much of the equipment that is in use. They know it better than anyone else.

Would you rather take your Chevy to a Ford dealer to get it fixed? I think not.

That's what it's all about.

I know about Haliburton. My brother-in-law once worked for them (locally), and when I was in the "oil patch" (a small company in San Diego that built underwater TV systems and remote controlled vehicles for the offshore oil and commercial diving industries), Haliburton Services was one of our customers.

This story is no surprise to me.

Old 05-08-2010, 04:48 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,844,914 times
It wasn't Obama... it was the Army Generals and KBR lobbyists... who is to blame? The military. They are overbloated and corrupt as ever... in fact, it is written specifically that Congress opposes the military corruption...

Old 05-08-2010, 04:49 PM

140 posts, read 129,011 times
Most intelligent liberals realize that Obama is a neo-con. Liberals are more likely to dissent with Dems than Conservatives are with Republicans. Kissed Bush's ass till the last day and still do, meanwhile, many liberals have already jumped ship.

Old 05-08-2010, 04:50 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,842,742 times
While I don't like no bid contracts; I would say that the following view from the linked article offers a compelling case for an exemption in this case

The Army didn’t put this work out for bids because U.S. commanders in Iraq advised against it, saying that enlisting a new company would be too disruptive as the U.S withdraws, Army program director Lee Thompson said in an interview before the Justice Department action was announced.

Odierno’s View

The view of General Ray Odierno, the U.S. military commander in Iraq, was crucial to the decision, Army Chief of Staff General George Casey told reporters today.

“Odierno said, ‘I’ve got three million pieces of equipment I’ve got to get out of Iraq, I’ve got 100 or so bases to close, I’ve got to move 80,000-plus people out of here and you want me to change horses in the middle of the stream?’” Casey recounted.

The U.S. force in Iraq is scheduled to shrink from 94,000 troops today to 50,000 by August, with a complete withdrawal by December 2011.
The Army, in its statement yesterday, said putting to bid an order for 18 months’ work and making the transition to a new contractor would cost at least $77 million. The KBR work order will be awarded by Aug. 31, said Mike Hutchison, deputy director of Army logistics contracting.

Hopefully, McCaskill and Collins will follow up and monitor the KBR contract.

Old 05-08-2010, 04:59 PM

7,786 posts, read 8,024,746 times
obama had no idea how things really work. he wasn't chewed up and spit out they're still chewing on him and will till 2012.the man never even ran a hotdog stand how can he run a country that is actualy run by big corps that already bought and paid for him

Old 05-08-2010, 05:49 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,680,593 times
Oh the Irony of it all. LOL. I have a I love Halliburton tee shirt I wear during the March for Life walk in San Francisco every year. Screaming in my face libs love it. LMAO

Old 05-08-2010, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Perhaps he's finding out (as I have posted before) that Haliburton is a unique company; nobody does what they do (well almost). Haliburton has been in the oilfield services business for many, many years. They have built much of the equipment that is in use. They know it better than anyone else.

Would you rather take your Chevy to a Ford dealer to get it fixed? I think not.

That's what it's all about.

I know about Haliburton. My brother-in-law once worked for them (locally), and when I was in the "oil patch" (a small company in San Diego that built underwater TV systems and remote controlled vehicles for the offshore oil and commercial diving industries), Haliburton Services was one of our customers.

This story is no surprise to me.
Nor to me, i am just curious what the Bush-bashers will say now. They howled from the roof tops over the eeee-vile Halliburton bogeyman and and calling for probes into those no-bid contract deals made by Bush Co.

Conservatives saw the same no-bid contracts going to Halliburton under Clinton and Bush and see no problem with them under 0bama.

Old 05-08-2010, 06:02 PM

Default Obama ♥ Halliburton

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogdad View Post
Oh the Irony of it all. LOL. I have a I love Halliburton tee shirt I wear during the March for Life walk in San Francisco every year. Screaming in my face libs love it. LMAO
Obama ♥ Halliburton
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies