Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2010, 10:15 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,201,197 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvdxer View Post
???

I've searched for this on the internet many times, yet cannot seem to find a political party, a fringe group, extremists, etc. who support the repeal of the 13th amendment.

(And no, I by no means condone slavery)

Has anybody heard of one?

if you look at it in a different way, the federal goverment is doing its best to make slaves of as many of its citizens as it possibly can, and doing a good job at keeping people slaves to the goverment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2010, 10:20 AM

683 posts, read 428,919 times
Democrats have done a pretty good job of enslaving the majority of the poor black population. They promise them the world in return for their votes, they have them picked up and bused to the polls and the blacks get nothing in return but hope that next year things will get better. I think of them as caged votes, you saw a lot of this in New Orleans around the time of Katrina. These people will go to their graves voting Democrat even though nobody who's ever been sent to Washington has done anything for the black population without it somehow lining their own pockets. These people are slaves to the very politicians who claim to have their interests in mind.

Old 05-09-2010, 10:28 AM

12,963 posts, read 13,679,366 times
The reason IMO slavery ended was it was not as profitable as free labor. There were a few plantations maybe in Louisiana that experimented with free labor and found their bottom line increased. Free labor was much easier to motivate. You see free labor, not unlike our selves, can be deluded into thinking one day if we work hard we will be the boss. When cotton prices were high a planter using free labor could keep most of his land in cotton. Not so with a planter using slaves. He was obligated to house his workers, feed them, provide medical care, provide clothing, and keep many acres of corn planted to feed livestock and slaves. As meager as we can assume these provisions were they still cost him to provide them not only to his workers but to their children, parents and grandparents who were not productive workers anymore?

If I could work a job and have my employer provide a meager sustenance for my children, parents and grandparents for life, I would go for it. Most people aren’t aware of this, but it was not uncommon for a slave to open a bank account. After all if he made money on the side, (many of them did) what did he needed to spend it on? His master took care of him and his family’s needs.
I think big business would go for the death penalty to a person suggesting slavery would cool.

Old 05-09-2010, 10:34 AM

3,490 posts, read 3,793,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
The reason IMO slavery ended was it was not as profitable as free labor. There were a few plantations maybe in Louisiana that experimented with free labor and found their bottom line increased. Free labor was much easier to motivate. You see free labor, not unlike our selves, can be deluded into thinking one day if we work hard we will be the boss. When cotton prices were high a planter using free labor could keep most of his land in cotton. Not so with a planter using slaves. He was obligated to house his workers, feed them, provide medical care, provide clothing, and keep many acres of corn planted to feed livestock and slaves. As meager as we can assume these provisions were they still cost him to provide them not only to his workers but to their children, parents and grandparents who were not productive workers anymore?

If I could work a job and have my employer provide a meager sustenance for my children, parents and grandparents for life, I would go for it. Most people aren’t aware of this, but it was not uncommon for a slave to open a bank account. After all if he made money on the side, (many of them did) what did he needed to spend it on? His master took care of him and his family’s needs.
I think big business would go for the death penalty to a person suggesting slavery would cool.
Just think if the lazy pr!ck and his family picked their own cotton!!

Old 05-09-2010, 10:35 AM

3,071 posts, read 9,140,968 times
Letting the illegals stay here and work IS legalized SLAVERY...Many experts say this country can not and never has been able to survive WITHOUT a groups of workers no better than slaves. They are "economic slaves" The low paid blacks and many whites have been replaced by and even lower standard of workers which are the illegal aliens....There is an agenda.

Old 05-09-2010, 10:38 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
That's where illegal labor comes in. It's even better than slavery.

If you bought slaves, you had to pay for them, and it wouldn't have been smart to not take care of your slaves -- so you had to feed them, house them.

With illegals, it's a great system. The illegals will pay their own transportation costs, they'll pay out of their own pockets the money to have themselves locked inside boxcars unable to escape even if the temperatures are 115 and there's no ventilation. The illegals don't have to be provided housing, often they'll sleep outside behind some bush. You don't have to worry if the illegal doesn't work out too well, you can always find more where that one came from.

You can have illegal live-in maids and nannies, but if they show signs of illness you can just boot them out. That's why it's such a popular system. Without the ownership hassle, you still have dirt cheap labor, the big profits, the plenty servants waiting on you hand and foot.

In fact -- illegals are so much better than slaves, you don't even have to whip them -- you can get them obeying you just by threatening to call la migra and have them deported. They shape up fast when you do that.

Old 05-09-2010, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James420 View Post
Just think if the lazy pr!ck and his family picked their own cotton!!
Actually I know of two or three black men still picking cotton.....Their own

Old 05-09-2010, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
That's where illegal labor comes in. It's even better than slavery.

If you bought slaves, you had to pay for them, and it wouldn't have been smart to not take care of your slaves -- so you had to feed them, house them.

With illegals, it's a great system. The illegals will pay their own transportation costs, they'll pay out of their own pockets the money to have themselves locked inside boxcars unable to escape even if the temperatures are 115 and there's no ventilation. The illegals don't have to be provided housing, often they'll sleep outside behind some bush. You don't have to worry if the illegal doesn't work out too well, you can always find more where that one came from.

You can have illegal live-in maids and nannies, but if they show signs of illness you can just boot them out. That's why it's such a popular system. Without the ownership hassle, you still have dirt cheap labor, the big profits, the plenty servants waiting on you hand and foot.

In fact -- illegals are so much better than slaves, you don't even have to whip them -- you can get them obeying you just by threatening to call la migra and have them deported. They shape up fast when you do that.
I often wonder what would happen to our economy if by some stroke of the pen 20 million workers could now hold out for decent wages and fair treatment ( if amensty made them all citizens)
I am not an economist but know what I pay to Motel 6 would increase

Old 05-09-2010, 12:19 PM

160 posts, read 183,739 times
I'm pretty sure that the sons of confederate veterans supports the re legalization of slavery in the US. For those who don't know, they are the racist idiots who are responsible for:

Displaying a huge confederate flag over Tampa, Florida.
Appeared in numerous court cases in which they defended the confederate flag from being removed from various locations in the south claiming that the flag is part of that state's "heritage"
Supporting segregation and also defending slavery
Electing people from other white racist groups such as the KKK and Aryan nations to be their officers.

Old 05-09-2010, 01:28 PM

3,378 posts, read 5,010,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilExquiste View Post
I'm pretty sure that the sons of confederate veterans supports the re legalization of slavery in the US. For those who don't know, they are the racist idiots who are responsible for:

Displaying a huge confederate flag over Tampa, Florida.
Appeared in numerous court cases in which they defended the confederate flag from being removed from various locations in the south claiming that the flag is part of that state's "heritage"
Supporting segregation and also defending slavery
Electing people from other white racist groups such as the KKK and Aryan nations to be their officers.
Um, yeah, wrong on all counts. The S.C.V. bought that property in Tampa, it was theres to do with what they wished. I see no problem with defending the flag across the south, many of those who tried to have it taken down were wimpified pantywaists who didn't know how to look the other way, if anything, the flag is a BIG part of the southern state's heritage. I don't know of one instance of when the S.C.V. defending slavery or segregation. Would you please provide evidence of them electing anyone from a hate group to be an officer, because they would have to have Confederate ancestry to do so, so proof or it didn't happen.

I have read about instances where the Sons of Confederate Veterans have counter-acted against the "Conehead" KKK at their own rallies.

But never once have they ever wanted to "Re-Institutionalize" slavery.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies