Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2010, 03:09 PM

1,317 posts, read 1,399,073 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
Actually I know of two or three black men still picking cotton.....Their own
I knew a guy when I was a kid who picked his own cotton too. I used to try and help but I kept hurting my fingers and hands. We's wasn't sing'n no songs while's we was pick'n, tho.

Oh yeah, we's all was white and the guy I was help'n was my grandfather and there was no black folk help'n neither and it was in Tennessee.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2010, 03:14 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,784,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theolsarge View Post
Indeed, but God is a man, therefore men are holy. It is right they (we) should be worshiped by the women we choose to satisfy our instinctual needs, clean our shelters, gather and prepare our sustenance.

YouTube - Girls - Beastie Boys

Old 05-09-2010, 03:28 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,784,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert kid View Post
I have read about instances where the Sons of Confederate Veterans have counter-acted against the "Conehead" KKK at their own rallies.
I would love to see evidence of this because all I've ever seen was people clam up.
Ku Klux Klan Rally Hate In Gettysburg - cbs5.com (http://cbs5.com/national/Ku.Klux.Klan.2.272189.html - broken link)
Quote:
Several groups counterdemonstrated. Park Service spokeswoman Katy Lawhon said there were no major incidents; one man was cited for entering a restricted area carrying a rainbow flag.

Confederate re-enactors from Virginia protested the Klan's adoption of the Confederate battle flag as an emblem and its claim to be a continuance of the Confederate cause.

"These guys don't stand for anything I stand for," said Tim McCown of Jefferson, Md. "And it's time we disengage our flag from what they stand for."

Representatives of the national Sons of Confederate Veterans also came to protest the Klan's efforts to identify with the Confederacy.
Yes, Sir, it truly is time (long past time IMO).

Old 05-09-2010, 03:35 PM

4,127 posts, read 5,068,024 times
I once knew an old Cajun who told me that any man who worked for another was a slave.

Old 05-09-2010, 05:19 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Ryder View Post
I once knew an old Cajun who told me that any man who worked for another was a slave.
But that's not the definition of slavery. Slaves don't own their own labor.

When you work but someone else reaps all the profits of your labor, you're a slave. With slavery you get to sit around in the shade, let your slaves do all the work and you keep the money.

In that way, taxpayers are now the slaves. All the work is done by them, their labor is confiscated and redistributed to others who didn't work.

I also believe illegals are slaves because the companies that use their labor don't pay the going wage, often don't pay legal wages and they pocket the profits. I know of a guy who is here legally, a born citizen. He will accept work for $20 an hour and instead of doing any of the work, he has one of his illegals do it all - pays the illegal at the most $5 an hour. He has it made - he is getting $15 an hour, the employer thinks he's doing the honest thing, paying good wages and hiring people legally able to work. With just 4 illegals out there working, this guy makes a $60 an hour profit.

Old 05-09-2010, 06:24 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,159,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvdxer View Post
???

I've searched for this on the internet many times, yet cannot seem to find a political party, a fringe group, extremists, etc. who support the repeal of the 13th amendment.

(And no, I by no means condone slavery)

Has anybody heard of one?
Welcome to the National Retail Federation

Old 05-09-2010, 06:39 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,458,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Ah yes, the NRF, home of "Unions?!.... we don't need no steenkin' unions!!"'

Along with their bosom buddies, the U.S. Chamber of Commerce , and the amusingly named, National Right to Work Committee.

http://www.speakupfightback.org/images/C_Drive/DebtisSlaverySUFB.png (broken link)

Old 05-09-2010, 06:43 PM

5 posts, read 2,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wooster View Post
Actually there is a group that endorses such a state of human affiars. It is disguised by circustance and language, but it is not really different in many regards.

They refer to themselves as Democrats.
you need to learn to spell, you mean Neocons, sure they have the token minority to make themselfs look like they don't want to take away rights, but it was democrats who pushed with little help form republicans the civil rights act and a democratic president who signed it. You need a history lesson scooby.

Old 05-09-2010, 06:50 PM

4,050 posts, read 3,960,239 times
Dislike of the 14th Amendment. Christian Exodus calls the 14th Amendment to the Constitution "fraudulent" because the states of the southern confederacy were not allowed to vote on it. The amendment abolished slavery, made former slaves citizens and gave them the vote. Christian Exodus says "We hold that it is the right of the various States to nullify this Amendment and all laws and court rulings arising from it."

From the "Christian Exodus" folks

Old 05-09-2010, 07:45 PM

515 posts, read 716,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blownawaykansaswind View Post
you need to learn to spell, you mean Neocons, sure they have the token minority to make themselfs look like they don't want to take away rights, but it was democrats who pushed with little help form republicans the civil rights act and a democratic president who signed it. You need a history lesson scooby.
You are correct in one of your statements; it was a democrat, LBJ, who signed the Civil Rights Act, but thanks largely to the work of Martin Luther King Jr, a Republican.

It is well worth remembering these words; as he was signing...LB (frequently known as "Lyin' Boy", as well as Lyndon Baines), Johnson said:

"Once I sign this here Bill, we [democrats] will own the blacks forever!"

The sad fact of the matter is that he was, and still is, right about that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies