Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2010, 10:16 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,253,825 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Are the Irish and Italians comming here illegally and excpecting use to change our culture and policy to meet their needs? No? Then there's no problem. I do have a problem with people coming here illegally, not willing to learn the majority language (English), and expect special favors from the legal citizens and government in order to cater to their needs as they march in the street to protest while waiving the Mexican flag as they're saying they want to be legal citizens. You might want to see this video to see the true face of LaRaza and the Mexican movement.

YouTube - L.A. Teacher Calls for Mexican Revolt in the U.S.
That guy is in favor of biting the hand that feeds him since UCLA is a state college and is paying his salary as a teacher there. The worst part of it all is that he is no different than the radical communists of the 20s and 30s at our colleges and the 60s and 70s at the same places. When he says that our enemy is capitalism and empirialism he tells me that he is a bit beyond progressive as a super progressive or a communist. It is too bad that not many progs will manage to see that video so they could see what they tend to support. La Raza has to go back to Mexico with the rest of the illegals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2010, 10:17 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Are the Irish and Italians comming here illegally and excpecting use to change our culture and policy to meet their needs? No? Then there's no problem. I do have a problem with people coming here illegally, not willing to learn the majority language (English), and expect special favors from the legal citizens and government in order to cater to their needs as they march in the street to protest while waiving the Mexican flag as they're saying they want to be legal citizens. You might want to see this video to see the true face of LaRaza and the Mexican movement.
Prior to the 1920s, there were no immigration restrictions.

Immigration Quota

The rising nationalism that occurred during World War I, as well as the support given by the labor unions, resulted in the passage of the Immigration Bill of 1921, which limited immigration to 3% of the population of the United States, based on the 1910 census.

Many Irish and Italians emigrated to the US before then.

Old 05-09-2010, 10:23 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,451,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PacNW transplant View Post
Part of it is that Cubans in S Florida are staunchly anti Castro/Communism and vote Republican. Other than Tancredo, I can't really think of another politician who made a contemporary negative comment about Cuban influence in S Florida.
Exactly, and things would also get really "interesting" if Mexican immigrants ever decided to fight back, and became as vocal, organized (and aggressive) as the Cuban immigrants are!

Old 05-09-2010, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
You forgot about Hitlerfest (a.k.a. Oktoberfest)
Have you ever been to Oktoberfest in Munich? That is a very fun week as nobody knows how to party like those Germans from Bavaria. I guess you don't know how old the fest really is in Germany. It goes a few hundred years farther back than Hitler's birth.

Old 05-09-2010, 10:32 PM

2,794 posts, read 4,154,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
Exactly, and things would also get really "interesting" if Mexican immigrants ever decided to fight back, and became as vocal, organized (and aggressive) as the Cuban immigrants are!
Why can't they "fight back, and became as vocal, organized (and aggressive)" and FIX FREAKING MEXICO????

Oh, I forgot. Too easy to sneak into the US & suck up our tax dollars, & demand that the US cater to them.

Old 05-09-2010, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
No, it isn't, and you can use any source you want.
Google Teabaggers definition and get the surprise of your life. I think you will be very surprised, Finn.

Old 05-09-2010, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
I don't believe the Americans of Irish or Italian descent on those holidays are interested in taking over and splitting off a large swath of our country. Furthermore, I suspect most of them will be here legally.
When the Italians and Irish immigrated to the US they had to do it legally since they had to cross the Atlantic to get here, not just walk across the border. Getting accepted was tough on them largely because they were forced to settle in their own parts of east coast cities.

Old 05-09-2010, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacNW transplant View Post
They blend in because they are the same race as the majority of Americans. Whatever rivalries there exist between different European ethnic groups here, is not superseded by the fact that they are in the end all Europeans.

The reason Mexicans create soo much xenophobia and hate is because they either look very Indigenous or are mixed with clearly visible Indigenous features. There would still be some resentment and anger if White South Americans like Argentines emigrate here in large numbers but it would not be anywhere remotely as the anger directed at Mexicans.
I see that you haven't seen the video earlier in this thread of the la Raza rabble rouser speaking at UCLA. Take the opportunity to see it and then tell me about Mexican illegals and their seeming rebellion.

Old 05-09-2010, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
Perhaps this poster speaks from personal experience.
Finn doesn't speak from using google to get his information. Try using it with the words "teabaging, definition. Finn will be surprised if he tries it.

Old 05-09-2010, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Prior to the 1920s, there were no immigration restrictions.

Immigration Quota

The rising nationalism that occurred during World War I, as well as the support given by the labor unions, resulted in the passage of the Immigration Bill of 1921, which limited immigration to 3% of the population of the United States, based on the 1910 census.

Many Irish and Italians emigrated to the US before then.
And all of them came legally unlike most of the Mexicans who are flocking in now. Only legals should be allowed to stay and get amnesty extended to them but the Dems are ready to give amnesty to all of them legal and illegal alike.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies