Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2010, 06:39 AM

3,175 posts, read 3,655,617 times

Advertisements

I lived in a once great neighborhood here in Chicago.
Well the "illegals" took over.
One of the ladies spoke english so she babysat for my children sometimes and we became good friends.
Her husband was in a "fight" (something they are famous for and the evidence was pools of blood and on one occasion teeth on the sidewalks) and he became a vegetable from getting beat with a baseball bat on the head.
The purpose of my post is to let you know they were illegal and collected not one but two SS disability checks. I asked how they did that and she said "there are ways".
His months in the hospital were free and I couldn't even afford to go to the doctor.
That's just the simple truth and the way it is, in this greatest nation on Gods green earth.
No wonder they all want to come here, wouldn't you?
My husband worked here all of his life but waited 2 years for a disability check for congestive heart failure.
I'm sure this post will be moved and buried.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2010, 06:59 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,530,849 times
my wife also waited about two years for disability approval for her spinal problems. She received training in child care and even worked for former Louisiana Congressman Chris John to care for his twin sons. They sent us a nice wedding gift. On a good day she can walk around Walmart to do shopping or do some house cleaning. However, after doing either, she's on the heating pad and on strong pain medicine for several days. No lifting more than 15 lbs and no prolong sitting or standing. Her only relief is in the recliner on the heating pad. She's still trying to find a doctor that can find the cause of her pain and eliminate or reduce her pain so she won't have to rely on pain medicine. She tries to go as long as possible before taking the pain medicine because she knows it can be addictive and reach the point that she'll need higher and higher doses for it to work for her if she takes it too often.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
I lived in a once great neighborhood here in Chicago.
Well the "illegals" took over.
One of the ladies spoke english so she babysat for my children sometimes and we became good friends.
Her husband was in a "fight" (something they are famous for and the evidence was pools of blood and on one occasion teeth on the sidewalks) and he became a vegetable from getting beat with a baseball bat on the head.
The purpose of my post is to let you know they were illegal and collected not one but two SS disability checks. I asked how they did that and she said "there are ways".
His months in the hospital were free and I couldn't even afford to go to the doctor.
That's just the simple truth and the way it is, in this greatest nation on Gods green earth.
No wonder they all want to come here, wouldn't you?
My husband worked here all of his life but waited 2 years for a disability check for congestive heart failure.
I'm sure this post will be moved and buried.

Old 05-09-2010, 07:01 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
81% of the problem comes from mexico.
focus is important.
At several junctures in American history "the problem" came from Ireland and Mexico.

THE ANTI IRISH MOVEMENT IN AMERICA (http://www.tuohysoftheworld.com/theirishinamerica/id29.html - broken link)

Anti-Italianism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 05-09-2010, 07:46 AM

438 posts, read 503,327 times
Breitbart says he is a proud TeaBagger, some Tea Partiers also had signs with that term or referred to themselves with it. Some Tea Party organizers used the term Tea Bagger against politicians on the Hill.

Last edited by Mike from back east; 05-09-2010 at 07:20 PM..

Old 05-09-2010, 08:07 AM

3,175 posts, read 3,655,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Are the Irish and Italians comming here illegally and excpecting use to change our culture and policy to meet their needs? No? Then there's no problem. I do have a problem with people coming here illegally, not willing to learn the majority language (English), and expect special favors from the legal citizens and government in order to cater to their needs as they march in the street to protest while waiving the Mexican flag as they're saying they want to be legal citizens. You might want to see this video to see the true face of LaRaza and the Mexican movement.

YouTube - L.A. Teacher Calls for Mexican Revolt in the U.S.
Very scary stuff here, watch it and weep because that is what they do.
Our cities will be their battleground, ask anyone who has ever lived in a gang infested neighborhood.
Now instead of killing each other, they are trying to turn it into them against "us", "us" being the enemy. Now they won't have to fight each other, they have finally found their purpose.

Old 05-09-2010, 08:25 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,207,740 times
St. Pat's and Columbus Day celebrations are all in fun with lots of food, alcohol and good times to be had by all.

On the other hand, maybe the OP thinks the angry and often violent confrontations in AZ and elsewhere are "fun".

Then again, he could be just another troll.

Old 05-09-2010, 08:47 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Never seen an Irish Flag at a St. Patrick's Day celebration here in Austin, or in New Orleans, or Vegas

Columbus Day here, is just a paid day off work for those that are government workers. If there is a celebration, it is small.
I haven't seen an Irish flag - I would guess that 80% of people could not describe the flag of Ireland.

The Italian flag is more recognizable - but mostly because it looks like Mexico's but without the middle part.

Everyone knows the Mexican flag because it's plastered and planted everywhere. Every day -- not just one day to celebrate heritage.

The interesting thing though - those who most proudly display their Mexican flags and shove them in everyone's faces would scream the loudest at any suggestion they return to their beloved country. They are huge hypocrits.

Old 05-09-2010, 08:55 AM

683 posts, read 428,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
At several junctures in American history "the problem" came from Ireland and Mexico.

THE ANTI IRISH MOVEMENT IN AMERICA (http://www.tuohysoftheworld.com/theirishinamerica/id29.html - broken link)

Anti-Italianism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
At junctions in American history the problem came from Japan, Germany and a few other countries... right now the overwhelming majority of the problem comes from Mexico and it's southern neighbors.

Old 05-09-2010, 09:17 AM

18,130 posts, read 25,286,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrbiggleswurth View Post
I wonder, I wonder.
You forgot about Hitlerfest (a.k.a. Oktoberfest)

Old 05-09-2010, 09:18 AM

5,376 posts, read 5,346,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Are the Irish and Italians comming here illegally and excpecting use to change our culture and policy to meet their needs? No? Then there's no problem. I do have a problem with people coming here illegally, not willing to learn the majority language (English), and expect special favors from the legal citizens and government in order to cater to their needs as they march in the street to protest while waiving the Mexican flag as they're saying they want to be legal citizens. You might want to see this video to see the true face of LaRaza and the Mexican movement.

YouTube - L.A. Teacher Calls for Mexican Revolt in the U.S.

More then you can imagine entered the country illegally from both countries (Italy and Ireland plus Germany and Poland) in the past (1880-1930). Even more would have, if there would have been a shared border. Many of those who came here legally (from Italy) never learned the language. They worked. They raised kids, who spoke English and were outstanding citizens.

Most of the immigration laws up until the mid-1900's were for those coming from countries outside the Western Hemisphere.

Last edited by plannine; 05-09-2010 at 09:37 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies