Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2010, 11:42 AM

23,862 posts, read 24,111,507 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Molten concrete and molten glass are really hard to talk about.
So those are the only three possibilities? Steel, concrete or glass?

Typical truther closed-mindedness and inability to think past their nose.

It "looked like" a controlled demolition, so it was.

It "looked like" molten steel (or iron, or some unnamed metal; GnT can't make up his mind) falling from the building, so it was.

It "looked like" explosive 'squibs' coming out of the windows as the towers fell, so it must have been.

Etc.....

And people wonder why truthers are the laughing stocks of society. Well, most don't, but the truthers do...

Old 05-15-2010, 12:00 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,018,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post

And people wonder why truthers are the laughing stocks of society. Well, most don't, but the truthers do...
A lot of the Americans don't exactly believe the explanations they give for the total collapse of the towers. There is nothing wrong with people thinking the investigation was handled poorly. Why would folks want something this "huge" closed as matter of fact when there still seems to be so many questions. Why the attitude simply just wanting to argue, for the mere sake of it.

Old 05-15-2010, 12:00 PM

15,089 posts, read 8,634,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
My non engineer mind thinks either the buildings went down the way they did, because they were just built too tall and the weight of itself brought it down, they used shoddy steel when building the Towers, or simply it
could not have happened, as the Commission Report has
stated and was a planned implosion.

Just wondering, if everyone here would believe the commissions report, if this had been a sky scraper somewhere else, that got hit by a plane and went down the same way, without any political agenda for a cause to go to war, etc... attached to it?

And, can any of you, explain how all three buildings seemed to fall the exact same way? The third building wasn't even hit by a plane.

I know the other poster stated "it may look like" an implosion, by comparing a fake hamburger on TV made of plastic. Well, I know the hamburger on TV is fake, because no hamburger I have eaten, looks that good But I have seen an implosion in person in Las Vegas, and the World Trade Center Towers looked like the real thing, on TV
You hit on a fine point here ... when someone cannot deal directly with the facts, they resort to arguments like the "plastic hamburger" thing.

What they are really doing is saying .... don't believe what your eyes see, including all of the evidence, instead, believe what you are told. Don't think for yourself ... because you are not that smart. You aren't an expert. Let the experts explain these complex matters to you ... the government experts that is .... ignore the thousands of "other" experts ... pay no attention to them, those conspiracy nuts like Pilots for 911 truth, and Architects & Engineers for 911 truth.

And don't question the story ... it was the 19 Arab Hijackers ... it was those 19 hijackers .. we promise!!!

YouTube - 9/11 Coincidences (16/19)

And don't make waves or accidents happen:

YouTube - Mysterious Deaths of 9/11 Witnesses (MUST SEE)

And don't see things you aren't supposed to see:

YouTube - Reporter describes 'cruise missile' hitting the Pentagon.

and don't talk about stuff that leads to talking about stuff you aren't supposed to talk about:

YouTube - CBS cuts off 9/11 prior knowledge talk

Old 05-15-2010, 12:01 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,321,408 times
On the appearance of a duck, an académique might curiously inquire, "how many ducks would a woodchuck . . "

Old 05-15-2010, 12:11 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,321,408 times
Quote:
So those are the only three possibilities? Steel, concrete or glass?
Some people might tend to believe that kerosene actually molts.

Old 05-15-2010, 12:26 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,483,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post

Total, bald faced lie. Why do you lie? You know I'm going to call you on it. Why don't you take your lies where they won't be challenged:

Scott Forbes gives testimony to the unprecedented power down on the weekend before 911 ... 30-36 hours of total power shut down:

Also covers several evacuations in the weeks prior to 911, and the removal of bomb sniffing dogs 5 days before 911.

But what's a couple more "coincidences" among the other hundred or more. aye?

What a totally fraudulent post.

wrong...I was at the wine tasting at Windows on the world

forbes is an idiot

bomb sniffing dogs were removed????

funny there was a funeral for one of them..the dogs name was Sirius...look it up

Sirius was a four-and-a-half-year old yellow Labrador Retriever, Badge #17 with the K9 unit of the Port Authority Police. His expertise was detecting explosives.. he and his partner Port Authority Officer David Lim WERE ON DUTY on september 11

why do you continue to lie????

Old 05-15-2010, 12:39 PM

Quote:
HEY! I thought it was "steel!"

BIG difference, buddy!

You can't even keep your own story straight... Why are we supposed to take you seriously, again?
Take me seriously? The terms of service here prevent me from being perfectly candid in my response, but anyone with an ounce of grey matter will be able to draw their own conclusions ....

I know this is stuff is confusing for you ... and every time you open that pie hole, you expose that fact ...

STEEL IS IRON ... with the "big difference buddy" of 2% carbon to strengthen the iron. It's called an alloy ... an iron alloy. When Steel is cut, the carbon burns off, resulting in molten iron, so you could say it was molten steel, or molten iron ... or molten metal, as all three describe the same thing, and the BIG DIFFERENCE BUDDY is that you apparently don't know this basic fact that you should have learned in 5th grade shop class!

In the face of being insulted over MY confusion for which no confusion exists, I can only Brilliant!!

Someone please stop this man ... take away the sharp objects before he hurts himself.

Old 05-15-2010, 01:10 PM

23,862 posts, read 24,111,507 times
Quote:
The terms of service here prevent me from being perfectly candid in my response
Oh, don't let that stop you. Let me have it.

Quote:
Someone please stop this man ... take away the sharp objects before he hurts himself.
You might be interested to know that I carry a gun. Terrifying, isn't it?

Frankly, I'd be much more concerned about you carrying any type of weapon, as you're far too emotional to be trusted with one.

Old 05-15-2010, 01:12 PM

I want to add to the above .... because there seems to be plenty of evidence for the reduced security ... that is without a doubt true ..

As for Scott Forbes ... he seems credible, however, without corroborating witnesses, this could or could not be true ... I posted it because it dovetails with other suspicious activity leading up to 911.

Of course, the possibility exists that the guy is a fraud, and looking for attention, or that his story is disinfo to be planted, and then disproven, which is a common disinfo tactic.

So I wanted to add this, just to be completely honest ... I don't know for a fact that this guy is telling the truth.

What I do know is that the Wine Connoisseur has been caught making up stories on this thread ... not Scott Forbes ...

I also know there have been a lot of people that gave inconvenient testimony that have had terrible luck, and no longer with us ... plane crashes, metro crashes, suicides, hit and run victims ... on and on.

The discovery of explosive residue and undetonated thermite however is not just a story ... the evidence is verified, and documented, and proves that thermite was in the buildings ... how it got in is the only mystery which may or may not be explained by elevator upgrades and power downs.

Old 05-15-2010, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Oh, don't let that stop you. Let me have it.

You might be interested to know that I carry a gun. Terrifying, isn't it?

Frankly, I'd be much more concerned about you carrying any type of weapon, as you're far too emotional to be trusted with one.
Doesn't concern me in the least, as I was just being facetious. I whole heartedly support the 2nd amendment, and exercise it myself
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies