Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2010, 10:12 AM

15,069 posts, read 8,629,287 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
There is no such thing as a thermite shaped charge.
Again, this is a false statement, proven by the documentation provided to the PTO for a thermite shaped charge for the purpose of patent protection.

The only argument is that the patent was filed in 2006, with the insinuation that such a device didn't exist 5 years earlier.

In the case of 911, it's not garden variety thermite that is being discussed. The subject is "super thermite" or nano-thermite:

http://nanothermite.org/

Bentham Science Publishers

Denmark Debating 9/11: Chemist Niels Harrit in the News on Nano-thermite in WTC Dust : Indybay

The documentation of the scientific analysis of this nano thermitic material found hasn't just been performed here in the United States, but also Denmark, and broadcast on Danish news.

You may continue to claim this doesn't exist, but the evidence is clear. The evidence found is not just constituent elements of thermite, but un-ignited fragments of nano-thermitic material layered and clearly manufactured.

There is no plausible explanation for the existence of this material naturally, nor is it readily available ... it's a restricted substance of military grade explosives.

Hem and haw all you want ... this evidence is the smoking gun, regardless of your diversions and your protestations to the contrary.

Old 05-19-2010, 10:51 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,318,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newonecoming2 View Post
quite well actually but it doesn't do squat for demolition. It can be used to make Machinery inoperable tho.
Yeah, most buildings are made thermite-proof as a result of local building codes.

Oh, wait!

Maybe that's termite-proof.

Whatever!

Old 05-19-2010, 11:48 AM

20,892 posts, read 16,074,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Again, this is a false statement, proven by the documentation provided to the PTO for a thermite shaped charge for the purpose of patent protection.
You don't know the first think about patents, do you? The documentation patents an idea. The idea does not necessarily have to actually work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas
The only argument is that the patent was filed in 2006, with the insinuation that such a device didn't exist 5 years earlier.
You again are just making stuff up again, Guy. My position is not just that a thermite shaped charge did not exist in 2001 (which is true). It is that a thermite shaped charge does not exist today.

Quote:
In the case of 911, it's not garden variety thermite that is being discussed. The subject is "super thermite" or nano-thermite:
The only difference between nano-thermite and ordinary thermite is the size of the powder particle. It does not magically turn thermite into a shaped charge, or make it a useful tool for severing vertical steel beams.

Quote:
You may continue to claim this doesn't exist, but the evidence is clear. The evidence found is not just constituent elements of thermite, but un-ignited fragments of nano-thermitic material layered and clearly manufactured.
You continue to just make stuff up, and it's fascinating. There is in fact no genuine evidence of thermite having been used at any time in association with the events 9/11.

Quote:
There is no plausible explanation for the existence of this material naturally, nor is it readily available ... it's a restricted substance of military grade explosives.
You could not have gotten that more completely backwards.

There is not a single facet or feature of the events of 9/11 that is not best explained by terrorists flying large commercial airliners at high speed into WTCs 1&2 and the Pentagon. But even if we were to pretend, arguendo, that 9/11 was an "inside job" there is nothing that thermite could have helped with that isn't better and more reliably performed with other tools.

There is an old analogy that says, "You don't use a sledge hammer to swat flies."

In this case, what you propose is more like using a sledge hammer to write a novel. Not only is the tool massive overkill, it cannot do what you are proposing it did in the first place.

Quote:
Hem and haw all you want ... this evidence is the smoking gun, regardless of your diversions and your protestations to the contrary.
Anybody who has ever actually worked with thermite knows better.

Tell me, Guy? Exactly how much thermite have you ever even been in the same room with?

Old 05-19-2010, 11:55 AM

88,562 posts, read 84,755,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Yeah, most buildings are made thermite-proof as a result of local building codes.

Oh, wait!

Maybe that's termite-proof.

Whatever!
New York City termites eat steel.

Old 05-19-2010, 12:14 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,478,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post

since when cant you buy white phosferous???

The amazing thing is that White Phosphorus is used in almost every product imaginable – from soft drinks to toothpaste. White phosphorus is used by industry to produce phosphoric acid and other chemicals for use in fertilizers, food additives, and cleaning compounds. Small amounts of white phosphorus were used in the past in pesticides and fireworks.

In recent years, concentrated phosphoric acids, which may contain as much as 70% to 75% P2O5 content, have become of great importance to agriculture and farm production. World-wide demand for fertilizers has caused record phosphate production. Phosphates are used in the production of special glasses, such as those used for sodium lamps.

Bone-ash, calcium phosphate, is used to create fine chinaware and to produce mono-calcium phosphate, used in baking powder. Phosphorus is also important in the production of steels, phosphor bronze, and many other products. Trisodium phosphate is important as a cleaning agent, as a water softener, and for preventing boiler scale and corrosion of pipes and boiler tubes.

Old 05-19-2010, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
since when cant you buy white phosferous???

The amazing thing is that White Phosphorus is used in almost every product imaginable – from soft drinks to toothpaste. White phosphorus is used by industry to produce phosphoric acid and other chemicals for use in fertilizers, food additives, and cleaning compounds. Small amounts of white phosphorus were used in the past in pesticides and fireworks.

In recent years, concentrated phosphoric acids, which may contain as much as 70% to 75% P2O5 content, have become of great importance to agriculture and farm production. World-wide demand for fertilizers has caused record phosphate production. Phosphates are used in the production of special glasses, such as those used for sodium lamps.

Bone-ash, calcium phosphate, is used to create fine chinaware and to produce mono-calcium phosphate, used in baking powder. Phosphorus is also important in the production of steels, phosphor bronze, and many other products. Trisodium phosphate is important as a cleaning agent, as a water softener, and for preventing boiler scale and corrosion of pipes and boiler tubes.
Them damned libruls won't let me warsh my windows with TSP.

They say it causes algae blooms or somethin'.

I'm glad you brought this up on this thread.

Old 05-19-2010, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
New York City termites eat steel.

I've heard that - and that they schit thermite, too!

Old 05-19-2010, 04:16 PM

This is for GuyNTexas, re the "un-ignited fragments of nano-thermitic material layered and clearly manufactured" he claims was found in the WTC dust. I actually got around to reading the paper in detail rather than my initial quick gloss. Here's what I discovered.

1. What they found were "chips" of a bi-layered material: reg on gray. It is indistinguishable in appearance from tiny chips of rust preventing primer paint that would have been all over the load bearing members of the WTC towers.

2. They found four samples of these mysterious "chips," but their chemical analyses appear to show that only two of the four samples are identical. The other two samples are chemically different in two different ways. This poses a problem to the "uber-secret military nano-thermite theory."

Specifically, if these were "clearly manufactured" as a high tech explosive, the manufacturing was unforgivably sloppy. And especially if these are supposed to be (as the paper hints) some sort of carefully engineered explosive film, the contamination and tolerances are unforgivable.

However, if these are simply chips of rust preventing primer paint, you would expect that different samples would be different. After all, just mixing it longer before painting would account for the differences.

3. They claimed to have demonstrated these were unburned "thermitic materials" by going on to burn them and noting that they released more energy than they consumed. The problem is this... to show it was actually a thermitic reaction, they should have burned the chips in the absence of oxygen (thermite burns in a vacuum, the oxygen provided by the ingredients themselves). Instead, they burned the chips in a stream of ordinary air, and so the resulting energy profile is, again, indistinguishable from what would be seen when burning chips of "rust preventing primer paint."

4. All the other analyses I can find on line of dust from the WTC mention that there was a considerable quantity of paint in the dust samples. Yet there is no mention of paint particles within the samples that this paper supposedly analyzed at all. Not a peep.

5. Finally... exactly how are these scientists proposing that a thin layer of thermitic material is going to cut a vertical steel beam? We are talking about severing steel, not toasting a Quizno's sub.

I gotta tell you.... the paper was so pathetic, I couldn't imagine how it ever got published in the first place. But then I discovered that it really wasn't. The "journal" it was published in is a "vanity press." You can publish almost anything in it as long as you're willing to pay for it.

And even then the "hired gun" editor was so humiliated when she discovered this paper had been published, that she resigned immediately afterward.

Old 05-19-2010, 04:21 PM

Oh... one other thing on the issue of thermit shaped charges.

The patent you are so excited about does not use nano-thermite. Just thought you'd like to know that detail so you can keep your arguments straight.

Old 05-19-2010, 07:45 PM

8,276 posts, read 12,857,391 times
I have a hard time understanding where the reminants of places were with flighht 93 and the pentagon. I have seen the aftermath of planes that hit the ground and there were leftover parts.. they simply do not vanish.

When the film indicates the plane landed in Cinn... then why isn't there any report or confirmation of that? off all the passenges they were all silenced?...

I do think we knew it was coming of that I have no doubt. I've meet people that were warned not to travel on 9/11 SO they knew something was up and at the least choose to do nothing.

I hate to think anyone would attack us from within in such a nasty manor. But if its true I'm sure we can find an old faulty electric chair that coul;d be brought out of retiurement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies