Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2010, 09:21 PM

4,991 posts, read 4,504,794 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mean fish View Post
During the Bush years I was just as pissed off as I am right now, I was speaking out against the insane needless spending and the irrational wars that Bush started. I was protesting the ignorance of the Bush White House and anyone who supported the idiot on his quest to bring peace to a region of the world that will NEVER be at peace.

Where are you now? People like you were wanting Bush strung up for starting the Iraq and Afghanistan wars. You claim that everything wrong with the planet today should be blamed on Bush yet Obama has done a lot of things exactly the same. Obama hasn't ended wars you hate yet you sit quietly and support him. Obama promised more transparency than the previous administration and he's done the exact opposite, you hated the secretive Bush admin and you say nothing about Obama doing the same thing.

I know exactly where I was for the Bush years, Where are you now?
Dude, you could claim you were on the moon 4 years ago but nobody would know. Were talking about a movement that is changing the republican party. They are purging moderate republicans like crazy based on their opposition to excatly what Bush did WITHOUT their opposition. Sorry but this isn't all about what YOU may or may not have done.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2010, 09:21 PM

683 posts, read 428,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
Please provide a like to Obama saying: It's time to give wealth back to its rightful owners. Thats total BS. Provide link where Obama said he wants to fundamentally change America. Again more BS..#3 is BS as well.

Here, I'll help.

"Fundamentally Transforming America"

YouTube - Obama: "Fundamentally Transforming the United States of America"

Old 05-09-2010, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Dude, you could claim you were on the moon 4 years ago but nobody would know. Were talking about a movement that is changing the republican party. They are purging moderate republicans like crazy based on their opposition to excatly what Bush did WITHOUT their opposition. Sorry but this isn't all about what YOU may or may not have done.
Are you mentally ill? You asked where the Tea Party members were during the Bush administration and I just told you. Like myself, a huge percentage of the Tea Party members were just as ticked off back then as they are now. Many were protesting just like they are now, most of us got no coverage because there wasn't a fake "racist" story to tell. You act as if everyone in the Tea Party was happy with how GWB ran this country into the ground and you couldn't be more wrong. Take a look at Ron Paul's stance on things, he's just as much against Obama as he was against Bush and the Tea Party started with Ron Paul's supporters.

Old 05-09-2010, 09:29 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,705,136 times
Quote:
Here, I'll help.

Ah yes, the old 8 second verbal rodeo trick that allows every opponent to take what he said out of context and insert whatever evil plot they were told to believe into what he meant.

In reality, we were driving off a cliff with unregulated banking, a frivolous and poorly directed war, and an opposition to protecting the lives of the sick.

Now, we are going in a much better, if fundamentally different, direction.

Old 05-09-2010, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
Ah yes, the old 8 second verbal rodeo trick that allows every opponent to take what he said out of context and insert whatever evil plot they were told to believe into what he meant.

In reality, we were driving off a cliff with unregulated banking, a frivolous and poorly directed war, and an opposition to protecting the lives of the sick.

Now, we are going in a much better, if fundamentally different, direction.
In other words "You've posted a video that proved the statement was made and I can't refute that so I'll attack the context which really doesn't matter". Got it!

Old 05-09-2010, 09:35 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,206,409 times
Quote:
In other words "You've posted a video that proved the statement was made and I can't refute that so I'll attack the context which really doesn't matter". Got it!

Old 05-09-2010, 09:37 PM

438 posts, read 503,273 times
Former Republican Dick Armey is one of the top organizers of the movement. The conservative right wing Koch foundation is another big Tea Party backer. Polls show that most Tea Partiers identify as conservative or Republican.

The Tea Party started out as genuine grass roots non partisan Ron Paul supporters criticizing the US establishment but then got totally hijacked by right wingers and Republican political machine.

Old 05-09-2010, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Here, I'll help.

LOL..Are you serious..Can you post something with context please. If you all feel warm, fuzzy and cool about posting an 8 second video with NO context than there is nothing to discuss because youve brought nothing. Its a shame that people would rather play games than be honest about the motives of a fringe movement thats destroying their party.

Old 05-09-2010, 09:42 PM

Quote:
In other words YOU posted a video with no context because youd rather play games that actually be honest.

Old 05-09-2010, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Please provide a like to Obama saying: It's time to give wealth back to its rightful owners. Thats total BS. Provide link where Obama said he wants to fundamentally change America. Again more BS..#3 is BS as well.
Quote:
In other words YOU posted a video with no context because youd rather play games that actually be honest.
Again, I simply answered a question that you asked with straight forward proof that he did indeed say what someone claimed he did. I guess you're not much for facts and answers right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies