Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2010, 12:59 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,164,999 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
Wow! You sound like a proud graduate of the Sarah Palin Institute of Advanced Jurisprudence.

Could you direct me to the provisions of our legal system that embody these commandments:

After that, maybe you could conduct a seminar on the biblical foundations of the separation of powers, the Electoral College, the Universal Commercial Code, and the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure.
Jack, do you know who George Washington voted for to replace him? Was it John Adams or some one else?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2010, 01:03 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,164,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Ms. Palin has finally jumped the shark by announcing the we should "Go back to what our founders and our founding documents meant - they're quite clear - that we would create law based on the God of the bible and the ten commandments."

Sarah Palin: American Law Should Be 'Based On The God Of The Bible And The Ten Commandments'
Would you care to tell me all the things that you know to prove that George Washington was a deist and not a Christian? I would surely like to see your proof.

9,961 posts, read 17,454,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by murphels View Post
Another one who flunked 3rd grade.

Is that the best you can you do? Did you come here to have a debate or just post uniformed rhetoric?

Prove any correlation between the Ten Commandments and the ideas contained in our Constitution...

Do it now, you fricking genius...

1,038 posts, read 1,222,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
You also believe that our founders were mostly Deists and I think that if you look beyond progressive propaganda you will find that most of them were Christian gentlemen. Why else would God have put so many real thinkers together in that room?

Palin knows a bit more about those Founders than any of you of the left lean, or so it seems.

YouTube - Sarah Palin Can't Name Any Founding Fathers!

Old 05-10-2010, 01:04 PM

7,084 posts, read 12,023,015 times
LoL, bad in so many ways. NO freedom of speech, religion, right to bear arms...

These guys have made a point by point going over of this insanity.

Ten Commandments - RationalWiki

Old 05-10-2010, 01:08 PM

20,893 posts, read 16,027,465 times
Quote:
News Flash to the uninformed:

America's laws ARE ALREADY based on the 10 commandments.
They are?

Quote:
2 I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery; 3 Do not have any other gods before me.
4 You shall not make for yourself an idol, whether in the form of anything that is in heaven above, or that is on the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.
5 You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I the Lord your God am a jealous God, punishing children for the iniquity of parents, to the third and the fourth generation of those who reject me,
6 but showing steadfast love to the thousandth generation of those who love me and keep my commandments.
Nope. Not that one.

Quote:
7 You shall not make wrongful use of the name of the Lord your God, for the Lord will not acquit anyone who misuses his name.
Nope. Not that one either.

Quote:
8 Remember the Sabbath day and keep it holy.9 For six days you shall labour and do all your work.
10 But the seventh day is a Sabbath to the Lord your God; you shall not do any work—you, your son or your daughter, your male or female slave, your livestock, or the alien resident in your towns.
11 For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that is in them, but rested the seventh day; therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and consecrated it.
Nope... not that one. Particularly the slave part.

Quote:
12 Honor your father and your mother, so that your days may be long in the land that the Lord your God is giving you.
Nope. Not that one.

Quote:
13 You shall not murder.
Ah... finally we got one. So, that's the first out of how many? Five?

And ya gotta admit. It's kind of a no brainer.

Quote:
14 You shall not commit adultery.
Nope. Not that one.

Quote:
15 You shall not steal.
That's two. Another no brainer, but still, that's two.

Quote:
16 You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
Okay. Perjury in a court of law is a crime. So we'll give you this one too. That's three.

Quote:
17 You shall not covet your neighbor’s house;
Nope. Coveting is okay in this country. In fact... it pretty much drives the whole economy.

Quote:
you shall not covet your neighbor’s wife, or male or female slave, or ox, or donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbor.
No. More coveting. There are no laws against coveting.

Sooooooooo.......... Three out of ten?

What was that you said about a news flash?

Old 05-10-2010, 01:09 PM

49 posts, read 28,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
Is that the best you can you do? Did you come here to have a debate or just post uniformed rhetoric?

Prove any correlation between the Ten Commandments and the laws contained in our Constitution...

Do it now, you fricking genius...
I usually don't entertain such ignorance, but where did the law that says you can't kill people come from? Islam? Where did the law saying you can't steal other people's property come from? Islam once again? Where did the adultry laws come from? Again Islam? Where did the acceptance to practice WHATEVER religion you wanted to come from? Shall I list Islam again for this one too? Keep going down the list of basic laws, they ALL originate from Judeo Christian philosophies.

Old 05-10-2010, 01:11 PM

11,754 posts, read 14,587,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Jack, do you know who George Washington voted for to replace him? Was it John Adams or some one else?
Let's get back to the point. Since you seem to have jumped in to support the idea that all of America's laws are based on the bible, let's see you prove it with regard to anything in my post.

Old 05-10-2010, 01:11 PM

2,104 posts, read 1,438,155 times
Artwork of OTHER, historical, NON-Christian lawgivers like Hammurabi, Lycurgus, Solon, Draco, Confucius, and Octavian also appear on the Supreme Court building.

Old 05-10-2010, 01:14 PM

20,893 posts, read 16,027,465 times
Quote:
I usually don't entertain such ignorance, but where did the law that says you can't kill people come from?
Everywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphels
Where did the law saying you can't steal other people's property come from?
Everywhere.

Quote:
Where did the adultry laws come from?
There are no adultery laws in most of the country.

Quote:
Where did the acceptance to practice WHATEVER religion you wanted to come from?
Wherever it came from, it sure as hell isn't in the ten commandments.

Quote:
Keep going down the list of basic laws, they ALL originate from Judeo Christian philosophies.
Or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies