Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2010, 05:29 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
Yes, but I am even getting sick and tired of having to hear about "the constitution". Whether something is in or is not in the constitution, what about human dignity? These people have been praying before their meals for their entire lives here in AMERICA but now they can't because they might OFFEND somebody?
People better wake up and smell the coffee, something very bad is going on and we don't need the constitution to tell us.
""""These people have been praying before their meals for their entire lives here in AMERICA but now they can't because they might OFFEND somebody""""

Boy! I could sure use your all-knowing crystal ball the next time I'm at the race track!

HOW do you know they prayed before meals all their lives....maybe some are atheists....maybe some always prayed silently...maybe some are Muslim....maybe some are just damn hungry and don't care to pray....who the HELL are YOU to decide????

And, it has NOTHING to do with offense... to do with LAW...LAW....got a clue what THAT means??? ...didn't think so....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2010, 05:31 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,980,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
How many of those "taxpayers" are Christians that WANT the seniors to give thanks to GOD for that food that the 80% Christians of this country PAID for?
The government didn't pay for that food, we did!
Who are they to tell them they can't say grace?
Guess what? All Christians say grace together and out loud!
We're a Constitutional Democracy, not strictly a 100% majority rule system.

Just because Christians are 80% doesn't mean jack.

Change the Constitution with your 80% Christian majority if you don't like it.

Old 05-10-2010, 05:34 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,030,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimw144 View Post
What do you mean no one complains, you do every chance you get.
that the best you got? nice. this country was founded on freedom of religion not stamping it out. picking on old folks that still remember and believe this is well kinda low

Old 05-10-2010, 05:41 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
that the best you got? nice. this country was founded on freedom of religion not stamping it out. picking on old folks that still remember and believe this is well kinda low
HOW...HOW do you and magpie KNOW what these seniors think or feel ????

You don't......

and it's as egotistical as a god who needs old people to shore up his image...people who may have worked all their lives and can finally quit giving thanks for something they EARNED years ago!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-10-2010, 05:41 PM

37,972 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
The government is not leading this prayer and is not involved.

They're just grateful to have the food. Let them pray for it.
People buy food with food Stamps too, maybe we need a government task force to make sure the people do not pray at the dinner table before eating that food.

Old 05-10-2010, 05:42 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,339,494 times
Quote:
Can you read? Did you read the linked article?? Show me where it says that anyone is picking on old folks or stamping out religion!

Old 05-10-2010, 05:44 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,980,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
People buy food with food Stamps too, maybe we need a government task force to make sure the people do not pray at the dinner table before eating that food.
I see the issue at hand has gone completely past you.

Guvmmut gonna start throwing Christians in FEMA camps for prayin!

Help us baby Jesus!

Old 05-10-2010, 05:47 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,455,656 times
Quote:
Excellent point! I would Rep. you, but I have to spread it around first.

Old 05-10-2010, 05:48 PM

1,653 posts, read 1,170,790 times
Quote:
I don't want my tax money spent on a bunch of damn holly rollers. If they want free food then let their God provide.

Old 05-10-2010, 05:56 PM

67 posts, read 151,525 times
Quote:
This is more about common courtesy to the person sitting beside you. I don't mind if you pray and give thanks for your food, just don't make me listen to it in a public setting. what you do with your food at your own dinner table is up to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies