Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2010, 06:47 PM

295 posts, read 320,384 times

Advertisements

Who gives a damn if someone or a group wants to pray, let them say a prayer, it surely wouldn't bother me and I am not a real big fan of religion or GODs but who does it offend?
Many posters say abide by the law because its funded by tax payers and all I have say is my TAXES support illegal citizens to come here and have babies and healthcare at my expense not to mention the criminals in prison who are fed, showered, and can studt law and come out suing the same system that put the scum there!

SAY A PRAYER, it doesn't hurt!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2010, 06:49 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,783,221 times

The seniors can still pray, they just can't force others to pray with them.

Old 05-10-2010, 06:51 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,932,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimw144 View Post
Do you ever read the links? That is a senior center it said so in the link. It was built by the city, that's why mayor pig was involved. The link called the seniors visitors, not residents. Read a link once in a while it will broaden your horizons.
I missed that part.

Old 05-10-2010, 06:56 PM

37,959 posts, read 22,137,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleLove08 View Post

The seniors can still pray, they just can't force others to pray with them.
While that might feed the stereotype, I don't think the Christians were forcing the others to pray with them.

Old 05-10-2010, 07:04 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,777,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
While that might feed the stereotype, I don't think the Christians were forcing the others to pray with them.
Which stereotype? The habit of religion being used for political grandstanding?

Old 05-10-2010, 07:05 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,249,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
3 cheers for the government or whoever stopped that non sense!! If you want to pray then do so silently. The rest of us do not necessarily wish to be subjected to your views on God anymore than we do a Jew's views or a Muslim's views. Keep it to yourself. They give you a moment of silence. Use it.
OK Kev - now's your chance to tell us EXACTLY how are YOU going to be "subjected" to these old folks views on God if by some chance they WANTED TO PRAY TOGETHER??? How Kev?

They way I read it - all of them, want to pray - no one there is going to be "subjected to something" they don't want

Lets get real folks - how much more stupid can this get???

Stupid, Stupid, Stupid!

Old 05-10-2010, 07:11 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,843,013 times
I cant believe this big deal over prayer

Yes I can. If they were praying to Allah this would be a totally different thread for many

Old 05-10-2010, 07:12 PM

1,653 posts, read 1,170,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
I cant believe this big deal over prayer

Yes I can. If they were praying to Allah this would be a totally different thread for many
Yea you would want to murder the seniors.

Old 05-10-2010, 07:55 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,336,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
[
0bama is "the One"

Farrakhan calls 0bama the Messiah

0bama is a sort of God
You're kidding with the first video, right? A McCain campaign ad? Can we spell S.P.I.N.??

The next two videos do not support your implication that there are masses of Americans who have deified Pres. Obama. Two people, two opinions do not equal masses of believers.

Old 05-10-2010, 08:04 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,336,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Translation; You have nothing to rebut.

Facts? What, like the relevant text from the Constitution I posted?
No, facts to support:

Quote:
None of the residents complained about praying and I bet they ALL participate in the ritual.

It was the busy-bodies (I'm sure leftists), who noticed the prayer and decided to butt in where they don't belong.
You are interjecting what you would like to believe to be true into the discussion. You have no knowledge of how all of the seniors feel about praying before a meal. You also have no knowledge of who, if anyone, noticed or complained about the practice of praying before meals.

As I said, come back when you can post about facts, not wishful thinking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies