Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2010, 03:50 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Ok, I happen to agree with you on this one.. Obama has nothing to do with the census workers.

But, is this Fox news? Because the website url says FOX NATION..

Fox NEWS is www.foxNEWS.com, not www.FoxNATION.com
FOX Nation is operated by FOX News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2010, 03:52 PM

22,186 posts, read 19,459,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Here is another side for you: yes, you are right, 40 years ago they did this, but not recently, so you are only partially right. Actually there was a time, many years ago when every home had a census visit...

Now, was it necessary to throw in the part about Obama census worker? Of course not, that has nothing to do with this guy being a scum bag. And why the referance to volunteer is a mystery. SInce when is a volunteer paid? Man, I wish someone would pay me for all my volunteer work...

It is also true there have been zillions of wasted $$s on this years census, partly to give jobs to many so the unemployment rolls will look better (temporarily) that is.

Nita
That is just simply false. It has been done recently. Sending census workers to peoples houses has ALWAYS occurred. Not just 200 years ago, not just 100 years ago, not just 40 years ago. It happens EVERY SINGLE CENSUS. Hiring census workers to go door to door has always happened.

As far as a volunteer being paid well that looks like extremely sloppy reporting, but what else would you expect from Fox Nation?? So either this guy is not a census worker, or he is a census worker, but is not a volunteer. No in between, thats just sloppy Fox crap.

Old 05-11-2010, 03:53 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,874,717 times
Quote:
Here is another side for you: yes, you are right, 40 years ago they did this, but not recently, so you are only partially right. Actually there was a time, many years ago when every home had a census visit...

Now, was it necessary to throw in the part about Obama census worker? Of course not, that has nothing to do with this guy being a scum bag. And why the referance to volunteer is a mystery. SInce when is a volunteer paid? Man, I wish someone would pay me for all my volunteer work...

It is also true there have been zillions of wasted $$s on this years census, partly to give jobs to many so the unemployment rolls will look better (temporarily) that is.

Nita
They only have a national census every 10 years. And they have had census workers who go door to door in EVERY census. They didn't stop the practice 40 years ago, or 30 years ago, or 20 years ago. In every census there are census workers who knock on people's doors. Being able to mail in your census form has alleviated census workers from having to knock on every door. The next census will probably utilize the internet and other technologies as well to further alleviate the need for census workers. But it is hard to envision a time when we will have no need for someone to knock on a few doors to verify census information.

Old 05-11-2010, 04:01 PM

1,089 posts, read 655,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Ok, I happen to agree with you on this one.. Obama has nothing to do with the census workers.

But, is this Fox news? Because the website url says FOX NATION..

Fox NEWS is www.foxNEWS.com, not www.FoxNATION.com

Whois lookup - Buy domains names, Find great extension - Search result for

Domain Name: thefoxnation.com

Registrar Name: Markmonitor.com
Registrar Whois: whois.markmonitor.com
Registrar Homepage: MarkMonitor | Brand Protection, Domain Management, Anti Fraud Solutions

Administrative Contact:
Intellectual Property Department (TCFFC)
Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation
P.O. Box 900
Beverly Hills CA 90213-0900
US

Old 05-11-2010, 04:11 PM

18,358 posts, read 26,493,154 times
Okay, the article was biased and poorly written, but the point here really wasn't "obama's census worker" but the fact a census worker did this...

Old 05-11-2010, 04:14 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,163,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Leave it to Fox News to lead the story out with, "An Obama census worker..." as if Obama himself hired the census worker or had something to do with this awful crime.
Master-Servant relationship. Look into it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn-Jarber
It is ridiculous. Census is a constitutional mandate and for a news organization like FOX trying to link this crime to the president is beyond silly.
The handicapped woman retorted, "Obama didn't create your job, the US Constitution did, and your job is temporary endng in June so it doesn't do squat for the economy."

Then the Census enumerator went berserk and raped her.

Old 05-12-2010, 05:40 AM

3 posts, read 13,503 times
Quote:
Fyi the census is taken every 10 years... the first was don't in1780.... so you say it has not been done recently, you are right but it is done and has been done every 10 years for that many years! So you were only partially right...

[/quote]

Nita[/quote]

Ok we have all seen it before BIG SHOCKER! THE NEWS GETS INFO WRONG!!!!!!!! The census workers DO NOT work for Obama and they ARE NOT volenteers...... just so everyone knows....

Old 05-12-2010, 07:54 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brattpowered View Post
Obama census worker? He has the physical characteristics of a Palin voter.
your comment is as bad as the story claiming he was an Obama worker. What is your point?

Nita

Old 05-12-2010, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
That is just simply false. It has been done recently. Sending census workers to peoples houses has ALWAYS occurred. Not just 200 years ago, not just 100 years ago, not just 40 years ago. It happens EVERY SINGLE CENSUS. Hiring census workers to go door to door has always happened.

As far as a volunteer being paid well that looks like extremely sloppy reporting, but what else would you expect from Fox Nation?? So either this guy is not a census worker, or he is a census worker, but is not a volunteer. No in between, thats just sloppy Fox crap.
wow, either I didn't make myself clear or you didn't read my comments correctly: that is what I said, in fact my point, there was a time when they went to everyones house. Now, go back and read what I said and I will do the same. I also said they were not volunteers but paid workers.

Nita

Old 05-12-2010, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
They only have a national census every 10 years. And they have had census workers who go door to door in EVERY census. They didn't stop the practice 40 years ago, or 30 years ago, or 20 years ago. In every census there are census workers who knock on people's doors. Being able to mail in your census form has alleviated census workers from having to knock on every door. The next census will probably utilize the internet and other technologies as well to further alleviate the need for census workers. But it is hard to envision a time when we will have no need for someone to knock on a few doors to verify census information.
ok, second one questioning me on this: I went back and read what I said and yes, I didn't make it clear what I meant. Of course they have, what I was saying is, there was a time (most of you haven't lived long enough to remember it) when all census was taken door to door only or every home had a census visit. I didn't mean this was a new policy. As for every 10 years, I think we all know how often the census is taken.

Nita
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies