Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2010, 01:16 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,058,899 times

Advertisements

"It's the subtext that gurgles just below the surface of these three topics that composes the tea party version of the Southern Strategy."

Bob Cesca: The Tea Party Is All About Race, Part 2
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2010, 01:26 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,166,787 times
<yawn> more liberal claptrap from the Huffington Post.

Old 05-11-2010, 01:31 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,626,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
"It's the subtext that gurgles just below the surface of these three topics that composes the tea party version of the Southern Strategy."

It's all about the "Real America" which is that Ozzie and Harriet Land where there were no minorities

Old 05-11-2010, 01:37 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,058,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
<yawn> more liberal claptrap from the Huffington Post.
I think it's a pretty good x-ray, myself. What parts of it do you deny are true?
"The flimsy and contradictory policy arguments only make the winking racial subtext more obvious.

"For instance, the president cut taxes for the middle class. According to the CBO, a full third of the projected national debt -- $3 trillion over the next 10 years -- is due to the president retaining middle class tax cuts and rolling back the alternative minimum tax so it doesn't absorb middle class earners. Tax cuts. So how, then, can the tea party reasonably claim that President Obama is all about taxing the middle class 'to death,' as some e-mailers argued?"

Old 05-11-2010, 01:39 PM

296 posts, read 272,861 times
another huffer trying to use their post as some sort of proof. It's like announcing to the world that you're damn proud to be in the bottom third. To each their own, though.

Old 05-11-2010, 01:44 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,743,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post

Unfortunate the GOP feels obliged to pander to this segment of America unwilling to be Americans. Desperate stuff. The only thing Tea is accomplishing is destroying whatever high road the GOP had to take.

Old 05-11-2010, 01:44 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,821,621 times
Yawn Huffington post yeah they are going to be fair and honest about anything to do with the tea party movement

Old 05-11-2010, 01:46 PM

362 posts, read 773,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
It's all about the "Real America" which is that Ozzie and Harriet Land where there were no minorities
that's exactly what I was thinking, and just about everytime I hear a conservative talk...atleast the Staunch conservatives. They have this fear that minorities are starting to take over the country, but never raised a word when they were recruited to work the farms at lower wages then they would ever work for.

Teabaggers need to get a life and realize that this country IS turning brown, and they should welcome the "new" immigrants as much as they did the Italians, the Irish and whoever came after the Puritans did.

I remember hearing Pat Buchanan say that America was great in the 50s...gee wasn't that when blacks and other minorities HAD no rights at all?

I'm not saying that they are racist, but damn if they don't sound as if they're omitting that so they won't catch any flack. I do call them by that so-called degrading name because they are splintered group who will never get together no matter how much the government makes them bend over. They have no concrete agenda, some members have to be racists because of the flyers I've seen at gatherings. I thought most of them were people from the Middle class, until I saw a lady in a Bentley with a TEA Party Sticker on her bumper.

Old 05-11-2010, 01:49 PM

296 posts, read 272,861 times
Much like the picture of the tard that wrote this article (go ahead and look at his picture and honestly tell me that is someone you would trust to do anything more than bag your groceries), here is your average huffer's post reader/believer. I'm sure they won't get it either.

Click image for larger version

Name:	hat.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	2.9 KB
ID:	62665

Old 05-11-2010, 01:49 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,854 posts, read 10,419,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
Yup, exactly.... while the Taliban want the world to look like "700 AD", the 'Wingers & Fundies want it to look like "O & H, circa 1955". Too bad we can't lock 'em both up in a room together, and maybe they could meet each other "halfway". Then that would put them both at about the time of the Crusades... perfect!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies