Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2010, 12:28 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Sounds like my father. He saved up money for me to go to college which I am doing now. I know other Indian families (I am Indian) where they always save money to send their kids to college and even for their cousins and relatives and whatnot.

My dad hardly buys anything for fun. Only spends it when he needs too. As a result, he has saved enough to send me and my sis to college and I will do the same for my kids.

I love you. You always give me the chance to prove you and your ideals WRONG. My father is hard working. He came from India when he was 17 legally. He waited for a year to get an answer. All by himself. He learned English. Worked minimum wage and put himself through college. We are Indian and are pro family, pro academics (he saved up money to send us to college and would SMACK us for bad grades) and hard working.

And guess what? He is a LIBERAL. I know that hurts your feelings. I know you cannot believe it. Wah! Liberals can be hard working and pro family and pro education!!

Hey, the exception proves the rule.

Now given that your father is Indian and a liberal, let's just ask him to play the part and put his money where his mouth is-

1.Pay extra taxes. This is perfecty acceptable and one can pay extra federal taxes voluntarily. As any liberal, he is probably greedy and selfish and would not give up one extra nickel unless compelled to do so. Whenever one asks a liberal to voluntarily support "thier" causes, they turn and run.

2. Take in a homeless family. If he is so for supporting the poor, take in a family in your home. I am sure it is large enough. THis, of course, will never happen as liberals consider the poor to be dirty and a class to observe, but certainly not to associate with.

3. Donate your car to a poor family. They need it. You don't. You don't "need" a car, so you should be willing to give it up.

The funniest part of your father's story is this-

WHY THE HELL DO YOU THINK HE MOVED HERE, RATHER THAN STAYING IN INDIA? IT WAS MONEY. IF HE WAS NOT SELFISH AND GREEDY, HE WOULD HAVE STAYED IN HIS HOME COUNTRY AND HELPED HIS FELLOW CITIZENS, WHICH HE PURPORTS TO DO NOW.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2010, 12:29 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,978,392 times
Do you have a Vietnamese ethnicity?

That happens to be the only Asian ethnic group that votes Republican on average.

Old 05-12-2010, 12:44 PM

191 posts, read 143,950 times
They're too smart for the left.

Old 05-12-2010, 12:50 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,651,238 times
Let's get Goodwin Liu on the Supreme Court.

Old 05-12-2010, 12:50 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,698,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluesFanMan View Post
They're too smart for the left.
No they still think the republicans are going back to Vietnam
Sort of like the old cubans

Old 05-12-2010, 01:12 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,573,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Hey, the exception proves the rule.

Now given that your father is Indian and a liberal, let's just ask him to play the part and put his money where his mouth is-

1.Pay extra taxes. This is perfecty acceptable and one can pay extra federal taxes voluntarily. As any liberal, he is probably greedy and selfish and would not give up one extra nickel unless compelled to do so. Whenever one asks a liberal to voluntarily support "thier" causes, they turn and run.

2. Take in a homeless family. If he is so for supporting the poor, take in a family in your home. I am sure it is large enough. THis, of course, will never happen as liberals consider the poor to be dirty and a class to observe, but certainly not to associate with.

3. Donate your car to a poor family. They need it. You don't. You don't "need" a car, so you should be willing to give it up.

The funniest part of your father's story is this-

WHY THE HELL DO YOU THINK HE MOVED HERE, RATHER THAN STAYING IN INDIA? IT WAS MONEY. IF HE WAS NOT SELFISH AND GREEDY, HE WOULD HAVE STAYED IN HIS HOME COUNTRY AND HELPED HIS FELLOW CITIZENS, WHICH HE PURPORTS TO DO NOW.
Whoa...you don't have to yell because I proved you wrong buddy. It is ok. Don't worry. Just drink some more of your kool aid and talk to sky daddy and it will be all good.

The problem is you have your pre set notions of what a liberal is. Not all liberals sit at home and expect welfare. He believes in hard work and determination to achieve freedom. Liberalism is all ABOUT FREEDOM. LIBERation, LIBERty, LIBERal. Easy as that. I don't believe in illegal immigration. I do believe in drug tests for welfare. I do believe everyone should work. I do not believe that people should be given money for free just for existing. People need to work. If you can show me one post where I said money should be given out for free, please show me. Then and ONLY THEN, you have proven your "point". I have been working since I was 15. I am doing good in school and working as much as I can. So am I a leeching lazy liberal?

THINK for once and maybe you will see it.

Old 05-12-2010, 01:18 PM

2,104 posts, read 1,442,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
There's a lot of that within the Asian community here in Houston. Texas is obviously not a liberal state, however Houston seems to have this esteem amongst immigrants both legal and illegal that it is a great city to get ahead. The huge disconnect between the younger and older generations that you mention is a big issue indeed. My mom, a St. Paul woman herself watched Gran Torino and was shocked at how realistic the portrayal was of Hmong families. She's involved with a lot of charities and has seen the "Girls go to college, boys go to jail" scenario played over and over again.

Oh, and if you know of any Como Park area enthusiasts, please let me know. Grandpa's house is going on the market soon.
Hehe, I like that (Como) area.

Ironically (or perhaps not) Gran Torino made me think of areas of St. Paul when I watched it.

I was thinking about the Houston not being a liberal hotbed thing as I read that post, and it got me thinking a bit. I think maybe Houston at least partially attracts Asians because of the already well-established communities there. My ex is Korean and we "almost" moved to Houston a couple of times (this was when we lived in El Paso) because of the fairly sizable Korean community there (she had friends and relatives living there and still does).

That said, I am sure many of them are conservative, and there's nothing wrong with that either. I know many Asians who are conservative myself. Most of them tend to keep their politics to themselves though, which is probably partly why we see these attempts to claim them, from both sides of the aisle.

Old 05-12-2010, 01:28 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,474,184 times
My Asian half is amused by this thread...

Old 05-12-2010, 01:36 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Whoa...you don't have to yell because I proved you wrong buddy. It is ok. Don't worry. Just drink some more of your kool aid and talk to sky daddy and it will be all good.

The problem is you have your pre set notions of what a liberal is. Not all liberals sit at home and expect welfare. He believes in hard work and determination to achieve freedom. Liberalism is all ABOUT FREEDOM. LIBERation, LIBERty, LIBERal. Easy as that. I don't believe in illegal immigration. I do believe in drug tests for welfare. I do believe everyone should work. I do not believe that people should be given money for free just for existing. People need to work. If you can show me one post where I said money should be given out for free, please show me. Then and ONLY THEN, you have proven your "point". I have been working since I was 15. I am doing good in school and working as much as I can. So am I a leeching lazy liberal?

THINK for once and maybe you will see it.

I know exactly what a liberal is.

Liberal = fascist

Liberalism has nothing to do with liberty and is probably the strongest force of oppostion to liberty. Witness the tenents of liberalism-

1. political correctness- supressing free speech in order to achieve one's political objectives. This is the creation of Stalin and is employed by liberals today.

2. Opposition to free speech. Liberals ban speakers on college campuses who oppose thier views, as they cannot tolerate dissention. They prevent military recruiters on campus. Obama, in lock step with liberalism, uses union thugs to break up peaceful oppostion rallies.

Further, liberals oppose talk radio and want to ban it via the "fairness doctrine" as they cannot tolerate opposition views.

3. Redistribution of wealth. How would the old man be doing back in India? Probably not too well. Liberalism takes from the productive who have earned thier money through hard work and education to "give" to the non productive, fostering lack of initiative and a "slave class". Not very liberal at all.

Again, if you and the old man are so "liberal", please give much more to the feds and help the poor and homeless. The sad fact is that you would never consider such a thing, as liberals are selfish and greedy and only want others to "donate" to thier causes via compulsory confiscation.

Old 05-12-2010, 01:41 PM

138 posts, read 165,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Asians are our darlings.

We actually elected a President that was raised in a Madras in Asia if you will recall your own side's rhetoric?

Not only do they have high IQ's and higher personal incomes than white Americans

They lean left politically.

[url= Lean Left Politically[/url]

Thank you level headed, smart Asians!
You either got some bad information or you know a different group of Asians. Asians are not liked by the left because they don't cry, whine, or blame others for their shortcomings. That's also why other minorities don't like them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies