Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2010, 12:20 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,411,744 times

Advertisements

No matter the reasoning behind it, can't really be that upset with him, depending on what State you do live in, Jobs, are still scarce, not the same in every State, i have realitves living in many different States, situation is different in every one of them. Hey this way, at least the ad will get noticed, and he may get a job. At least he took the inituative, to get noticed!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2010, 01:08 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,881,088 times
Local CBS picks it up. I lived in this area, about 30 miles north of Buffalo for 10 years, left in 2002. It was bad then, can't imagine what the economic conditions are now. This is another area where the democrats have absolutely ruined with their big tax, big spend policies.

Buffalo to Obama: "I Need a Freakin' Job" - The Early Show - CBS News

Old 05-13-2010, 01:15 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,175,894 times
If you want a friggin' job you damn spoiled little brats quit sucking on your mama's
teat and go find a friggin' job...damn LOSERS

YouTube - I Need A Freakin Job.wmv!

Old 05-13-2010, 01:39 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,239,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt Obvious View Post
Google it. I won't provide links, too many to list. The washington examiner has a nice map.
You're saying that there were no bailouts from the Bush administration?
Nice try.

Old 05-13-2010, 05:56 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,185,462 times
Lightbulb Obama, I need a freakin' job!!!

Sorry, duplicate, please delete

Last edited by las vegas drunk; 05-13-2010 at 06:20 PM..

Old 05-13-2010, 06:01 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,175,894 times
[...]

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...eakin-job.html

Old 05-13-2010, 08:33 PM

1,481 posts, read 3,939,414 times
Question Billboard to the President

I am terribly confused. INAFJ.ORG is appealing to the President about the joblessness in this country.

Wait.

We are a capitalistic economy, so shouldn't they appeal to the entrepreneurs

and the wealthy to create a business and give them a job?

Old 05-13-2010, 08:38 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,724,423 times
No no no don't you understand?! Government can fix everything! You haven't been paying attention!

Old 05-13-2010, 08:40 PM

1,481 posts, read 3,939,414 times
OH .. but but but that NOT the gov job ... is it?

Old 05-13-2010, 08:41 PM

3,633 posts, read 5,778,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdomcome1 View Post
Sorry son, I have been through it, on more than one occasion. Yes, the're are jobs out there. You may have to go back to school or get a new trade. Ever think of starting a business? I also did that, just to get me by in the rough times. All it took was a little moxi and a little know how. Started a lawn business on $200(used mower and used weedeater) and started out of my car(not a truck). Couldn't afford business cards, so I went knocking on doors. Was able to get roughly 22 accounts within the first two weeks which paid for my investment($200) and then some. This was while I still searched for that "job". Got into law enforcement and have been a happy camper ever since. I still do odd jobs here and there just to "help out" at home. These jobs include welding(learned in the Navy), yard service work, running a security guard company, and shopping for people who do not have the time to do it for themselves. No one is going to "take" my job as you say, because I have been able to expand my horizons and make myself into something other than a police officer. Seems like you need to expand your horizons and really focus on what can get you by in the mean time, until that "job" comes along that will make you happy. Don't get down on yourself. I know how things are out there and yes things suck big time, but there is light at the end of the tunnel. Keep your chin up!

I didn't even bother reading the rest after the part of starting a business. I mean people on here think it's like everyone on here has the funds or can get a loan to start anything. I come from poverty man. I'm 31 years old and have nothing after being moved around in life 26 times. I can go on, but at the moment there is no business for me to start. I owe a late sprint bill, bank bill (which i was scammed by a company and the bank could only take off some of the charges) I owe H and R block, I owe school loans .....

I have bad credit and cannot get a loan or an advance on anything because I don't have a job right now. I swear I have done everything to get a job. this is the first time I've been out of work since I was 16 man. I don't have 20 bucks to start anything right now. I'm struggling trying to use the unemployment money to pay my mom rent and for the car. I am in school for a program that I had to quit over 5 years ago but now I have an opportunity to finish up, but thing is..

I study my ass off but the program I'm in is really not something I care about now after all these years being away from it. I am just going to do the best I can to get my degree and that is all I care about at the moment. Real life is different then what I am typing or what you are typing....there is more to it than the sentences I've written. There are layers of situations that go on to life.

Not just I went to school and I graduated after some struggles. It's not that black and white for some people. If you knew where I came from you would understand why I am proud of myself for even trying to finish up school. I've never had anything and never been above zero in my 31 years financially due to the people before me (parents) having nothing either as we were growing up as kids. This paragraph doesn't even begin to explain the inns and outs of my rise in life trying to climb up to zero. I am not the average American.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies