Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2010, 05:20 PM

6,987 posts, read 21,920,292 times

Advertisements

Received a e-mail from my son with pictures of the Flags being installed with the Mexican above the US Flag which is shown upside down below the Mexican Flag. I don't have a source/knowledge on how to show this on C-D other then via e-mail.

Being from calif (san Gabriel Valley) I am familiar with City of Montebello and the area which does have a large hispanic population.

Hope others can come up with morer info.

Steve
Edit...anyone who wishes send me a DM with your E-Mail address and I will forward the pictures.

Last edited by Steve Bagu; 05-12-2010 at 05:43 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2010, 05:25 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
That is a dated item..that's from 2006. First hit from google too..maybe you should try that before posting items you can't back up with links.

snopes.com: Mexican Flag at Montebello High School

Old 05-12-2010, 05:29 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,515,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Bunk..that's from 2006. First hit from google too..maybe you should try that before posting items you can't back up with links.

Your souce link states it did happen and it was California public school students who did this.

Old 05-12-2010, 05:32 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Your souce link states it did happen and it was California public school students who did this.
It also says it was from 2006 and the school went on lockdown.

Without a date some may think it's a current event, which it isn't. I did modify my post to reflect "dated".

Old 05-12-2010, 05:34 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,415,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Bunk..that's from 2006. First hit from google too..maybe you should try that before posting items you can't back up with links.

Did you read your own link? Why do people assume that everything snopes investigates is proven false? Did the big green dot not give you a hint? How about the word "True" right next to it?

Old 05-12-2010, 05:40 PM

37,121 posts, read 42,189,292 times
This kids in this school didn't do it, it was protesters from other schools. It happened, things happen when people protest. It's not a current event and it was a huge deal....in 2006.

Old 05-12-2010, 06:07 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,461,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bagu View Post
Received a e-mail from my son with pictures of the Flags being installed with the Mexican above the US Flag which is shown upside down below the Mexican Flag. I don't have a source/knowledge on how to show this on C-D other then via e-mail.

Being from calif (san Gabriel Valley) I am familiar with City of Montebello and the area which does have a large hispanic population.

Steve
Edit...anyone who wishes send me a DM with your E-Mail address and I will forward the pictures.
Why not just post them here? Will your son sue you for copyright?

Old 05-12-2010, 06:10 PM

4,156 posts, read 11,007,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bagu View Post

Steve
Well, I for one am shocked!!! Shocked, I tell you, that this is STILL rolling around emails 4 years after it happened.

Old 05-12-2010, 06:12 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,461,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellalunatic View Post
Well, I for one am shocked!!! Shocked, I tell you, that this is STILL rolling around emails 4 years after it happened.

I also have a friend who has a roommate that was a nurse in the ER when Richard Gere came in one night...I've got pictures of that too, just DM me!

Old 05-12-2010, 06:32 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,616,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellalunatic View Post

This is old news. I remember it. I would look for more of this type of garbage to be coming down the pipe soon though
There was a similar incident in Reno bout the same time as the CA one. There will be more of it, no doubt. Lol and the stink will fly........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies