Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2010, 10:45 AM

191 posts, read 143,935 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugerjitsu View Post
i can just see you now in an Obama cheerleader outfit...with pom-poms, screaming, "yaaay Obamaaaa!"

obviously, nobody's changing you mind...so, good luck with all that!

One would have to have a mind in order for it to be changed. Based off the OP i'm not sure that's the case here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2010, 10:48 AM

191 posts, read 143,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
You probably could have done yourself a favor by not writing this post. A sample size of ~1200 is the nationally recognized standard for this nation's population at a 95% confidence level.

Now why'd you go and do that? You know you probably just made her dizzy with those numbers right? She's gonna have to go lay down for a while.

Old 05-14-2010, 10:56 AM

450 posts, read 502,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluesFanMan View Post
Now why'd you go and do that? You know you probably just made her dizzy with those numbers right? She's gonna have to go lay down for a while.
Oh yeah sure because polls and surveys HAS ALWAYS been right!

How soon we forget the story of Dewey....

Old 05-14-2010, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
by defination, then obusha has done nothing, since economic cycles go in 5-10 year cycles

if we are out of the recession, its due to bush policies, not obamy
It is so ironic that you all criticize my view, but do not see this idiotic statement as anything outside of pure crazy talk!

I have now officially HEARD IT ALL!
Bush Policies have gotten us OUT OF THE RECESSION!

LOL, stop it please, you're killing me!

Old 05-14-2010, 11:31 AM

11,449 posts, read 14,465,311 times
The bottom line is the GOP still doesn't have anybody that they can put up that's worth anything. Their leaders right now are fanatics like Beck, Rush, Palin etc. None of which are going to run...

Old 05-14-2010, 12:35 PM

1,895 posts, read 3,415,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
The bottom line is the GOP still doesn't have anybody that they can put up that's worth anything. Their leaders right now are fanatics like Beck, Rush, Palin etc. None of which are going to run...
and just below that bottom line, is the real bottom line...and that is neither party has anyone that's worth anything.

Old 05-14-2010, 02:59 PM

683 posts, read 428,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
Do Liberals and Democrats honestly believe that Beck and Rush are leaders of the Republican party? Rush and Beck are no more the "leaders" of the Republican party than Maddow and Kieth are leaders of the Democratic party.

Old 05-14-2010, 03:44 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2flyy View Post
Oh yeah sure because polls and surveys HAS ALWAYS been right!

How soon we forget the story of Dewey....
I don't know, how soon? Maybe over 50 years ago, that was then and this is now. Of course polls and surveys are only good for the 5 minutes they are taken, but I repeat, what makes you think you are so right? Most of today's voters don't even remember the Dewey days or what led to the situation.

Nita

Old 05-14-2010, 03:49 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the mean fish View Post
Do Liberals and Democrats honestly believe that Beck and Rush are leaders of the Republican party? Rush and Beck are no more the "leaders" of the Republican party than Maddow and Kieth are leaders of the Democratic party.
Glad you pointed that out, they just want to think (the libs that is) Beck and Rush speak for all of us. When will they realize these guys are simply entertainters, nothing more, nothing less.

Nita

Old 05-14-2010, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I don't know, how soon? Maybe over 50 years ago, that was then and this is now. Of course polls and surveys are only good for the 5 minutes they are taken, but I repeat, what makes you think you are so right? Most of today's voters don't even remember the Dewey days or what led to the situation.

Nita
Hey Nita I was not referencing the Truman election to further my point of Obama being reelected
I was just arguing that polls and surveys have not always been correct.
There are many examples in today's politics where that is the case

But to answer your question, I'm extremely confident that by 2012 the large majority of Americans will objectively look at Obama's 1st term as a huge success (especially if things continue in the right direction for America).

Also what Republican/Conservative right now can you name who can competitively compete against Obama in an election?

That is one other glaring flaw people fail to mention.

Again it seems I am being brash by making this thread, but as I said this was in response to so much of the chatter I've been hearing about Obama only being a One Term President.

If you believe that you are sadly mistaken....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies