Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2010, 05:15 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,551,829 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post

Yes, one forgets all Muslims supported the 9/11 attacks.
That's silly. Not ALL Muslims supported the 9/11 attacks (and similar outrages against 'Western' societies)....ONLY enough to make it virtually impossible to get a 'handle' on the problem, and enough to lend VERY vociferous support to the actual 'screwballs' who carried out the attack(s)....and ONLY enough to succeed in making ANY effort to control terrorism seem like a 'War Against Islam'....and ONLY enough to thoroughly intimidate anyone stupid enough to contemplate telling a joke..or drawing a cartoon..or making a quip...about anything having remotely to do with Islam.

But did ALL Muslims support 9/11? No, of course not..."only" about half, in fact.....not enough to really be a problem, by any means. We shouldn't take them seriuosly, any more than we should condemn Western society just because "half of all Westerners" are followers of the radical beliefs of such hatemongers as the Reverend Fred Phelps...or Timothy McVeigh...or Adolf Hitler.

Surely ALL Muslims aren't a danger to Western society....only a few

MOST drunk drivers don't actually kill people, either...only a few. No reason to be overly-concerned there, either. MOST drunk drivers aren't 'evil'...they're just misunderstood by the rest of society.

(sarcasm intentional).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2010, 05:18 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,446,589 times
What you may not have heard is that there are TWO mosques going up around the WTC!

FOXNews.com - Muslims in NYC Planning to Build Second, Smaller Mosque Near Ground Zero

Quote:
As controversy surrounds the construction of a 13-story mosque just two blocks from Ground Zero, FOX News has learned that an effort to place a second mosque close to the hallowed site in New York City is in its advanced stages. The Masjid Mosque has raised $8.5 million and is seeking an additional $2.5 million to begin construction. While it apparently has not settled on a final location, it has told donors it plans to build very close to where 3,000 people were killed in the September 11 terror attacks.

Old 05-21-2010, 07:01 PM

4,027 posts, read 7,285,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
This Michael Graham guy sounds like a complete tool.

Old 05-22-2010, 12:41 AM

15,059 posts, read 8,622,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I can second that. I can also tell you that to an office full of WTC survivors who will be returning to work there again, it is a non-issue.

Re-reading the the thread title, I noticed how trollishly it's written.

A 13-story mosque "overlooking" ground zero, lolol? How does a 13-story building "overlook" something that a) is already 20 stories above street level and rising, and b) two blocks away with taller buildings in between the mosque and the WTC anyway.

And of course, it is NOT scheduled to open September 11th.
Ah ha! Two NY'ers. well that certainly settles the debate. A majority of two out of 10 Million. Yep, that settles it.

Old 05-22-2010, 01:13 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,444,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddy1427 View Post
this country is screwed. all this pc bullcrap is going to cost us. great job you idiots that are allowing this!!!
Those "idiots" you're referring to would be the Founding Fathers of the US Constitution.

Old 05-22-2010, 06:24 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,142,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
MY, MY! What short selective memories Repugs have.

Do the words "Iraqi Freedom" ring a bell.

Does "war in Iraq to save the Iraqi from the evil dictator" ring a bell

Do over 6,000 dead American soldiers remind you that

YOU ALL BACKED BUSH to go to war to SAVE a country that is 74% Muslim....like it was, as Bush claimed , "god's will"????

REMEMBER saving all those MUslims at the cost of thousands of dead Americans and thousands more maimed and mutilated to SAVE MUSLIMS?????

NOW?...NOW?...you hate Muslims.......a few short years ago you worshipped them as you did Bush....

Old 05-22-2010, 07:34 AM

563 posts, read 518,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
MY, MY! What short selective memories Repugs have.

Do the words "Iraqi Freedom" ring a bell.

Does "war in Iraq to save the Iraqi from the evil dictator" ring a bell

Do over 6,000 dead American soldiers remind you that

YOU ALL BACKED BUSH to go to war to SAVE a country that is 74% Muslim....like it was, as Bush claimed , "god's will"????

REMEMBER saving all those MUslims at the cost of thousands of dead Americans and thousands more maimed and mutilated to SAVE MUSLIMS?????

NOW?...NOW?...you hate Muslims.......a few short years ago you worshipped them as you did Bush....
OR did Bush go after a bleeping bleep that had threatened the lives of Americans?

You are right, how quickly some forget!!!

Old 05-22-2010, 07:35 AM

563 posts, read 518,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
In the United States of America the Constitution protects all from the bullies who 'think' it does not. Regarding what I believe - I believe in the Constitution and the rule of law.
That is a fair statement. Do you still believe in the Constitution on laws you do not support or believe in?

Old 05-22-2010, 08:27 AM

27,213 posts, read 46,724,071 times
I'm counting down untill this country get's rid of the ridiculous people in Washington and the people take over this country so this outrageous behavior can be stopped.

Due to us having lived in Europe for decades we already know where all this is going.

The Netherlands fits 3 times Florida and has over 400 mosques. How many churches or Synagoges do you think will be in a muslim country.....if you guess less than 5 or even zero...you won this quiz!

Many people don't realize that mosques have louspeakers on the roof so before they start the loud Arab music/prayers will sound all around the neighborhood!!!!

Old 05-22-2010, 02:39 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,296,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
How many churches or Synagoges do you think will be in a muslim country.....if you guess less than 5 or even zero...you won this quiz!
churches - Google Maps

church - Google Maps
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies