Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2010, 10:19 AM

3 posts, read 2,159 times

Advertisements

I was at this event, for my son's graduation. I thought that the audience behavior was abhorent - totally lacking in appropriate respect for the prof and for one's right to have and express opinions. And I believe that a State University, Behavior Science College's (which includes political science) convocation is a perfectly appropriate event for his speech. We need our University's to engage, encourage and to raise the level of policy debate. And we need our teachers to inspire our students to constructive community involvement. The rude, close minded and openly hostile response of many in the stands painfully demonstrated how great the need is in AZ today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2010, 10:31 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,207,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by live-and-let-live-in-AZ View Post
I was at this event, for my son's graduation. I thought that the audience behavior was abhorent - totally lacking in appropriate respect for the prof and for one's right to have and express opinions. And I believe that a State University, Behavior Science College's (which includes political science) convocation is a perfectly appropriate event for his speech. We need our University's to engage, encourage and to raise the level of policy debate. And we need our teachers to inspire our students to constructive community involvement. The rude, close minded and openly hostile response of many in the stands painfully demonstrated how great the need is in AZ today.
Respectfully disagree. A graduation ceremony is a place for celebration of an important event in the lives of both the graduates and their families and is not an appropriate arena for the presentation of partisan political views.

Last edited by Cunucu Beach; 05-16-2010 at 10:59 AM..

Old 05-16-2010, 10:35 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilExquiste View Post
That law was only made to pull over anyone who isn't white because of intense hatred towards Hispanic

Is it your ignorance, or your agenda, popping out at us?

Has nothing to do with race, you racist!
I have Comanche, Cherokee, and a drop of Seminole, in my blood and I can tell you right now, This has nothing to do with race.

Mexican just like Cherokee, Seminole or Comanche, is not a race.
My ancestors would not let you come on our soil without a fight, even if you were a different tribe, in the same nation of tribes.

A Cherokee would never ever let a Navajo on their soil!!!!

Old 05-16-2010, 11:22 AM

683 posts, read 428,840 times
Quote:
You are in the minority and in the wrong, the time for sitting back and letting ignorant people rant on about things that are wrong is over. This illegal immigration battle will end with you on the wrong side.

Old 05-16-2010, 11:32 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times
Deny it all you (liberal) folks want to, but the Sleeping Giant - white people - are on the verge of taking this country back. The more liberals like Soto insist on socially inept demogoguery, the more the conservative and right-leaning Independent white people will stand in defiance. It's coming. And you folks asked for it by pandering (for decades) to those who don't deserve an ounce of legitimacy in this nation. You reap what you sow. You made your bed, and now you'll lay in it.

Old 05-16-2010, 11:56 AM

640 posts, read 1,732,169 times
Quote:
I disagree. A graduation ceremony was not the time and place for Ms. Soto's demagoguery.

Old 05-16-2010, 12:17 PM

683 posts, read 428,840 times
How has video of this still not made it out to the public?

Old 05-16-2010, 12:27 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,720,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the mean fish View Post
You are in the minority and in the wrong, the time for sitting back and letting ignorant people rant on about things that are wrong is over. This illegal immigration battle will end with you on the wrong side.
Indeed! And I like the way you put it.

Old 05-16-2010, 12:53 PM

220 posts, read 222,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Deny it all you (liberal) folks want to, but the Sleeping Giant - white people - are on the verge of taking this country back. The more liberals like Soto insist on socially inept demogoguery, the more the conservative and right-leaning Independent white people will stand in defiance. It's coming. And you folks asked for it by pandering (for decades) to those who don't deserve an ounce of legitimacy in this nation. You reap what you sow. You made your bed, and now you'll lay in it.

That's funny, you think that only white people make up this country?

Old 05-16-2010, 12:54 PM

220 posts, read 222,825 times
nm
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies