Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2010, 04:15 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,388,397 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpNort View Post
No, not at all----they need to see how it affects ppl. They are the one's who are so detached from the people that pay them. The elite who are behind the curtain calling the shots haven't a clue either. If they had a clue---we would not be having this discussion. It's all about power and money.
Did you read the article earlier?

The bill put forward is better for those with middle and lower incomes.

http://bignews.biz/?id=872326&keys=S...Kerry-PowerAct
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2010, 04:44 AM

3,175 posts, read 3,655,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Did you read the article earlier?

The bill put forward is better for those with middle and lower incomes.

New Non-Partisan Analysis: Kerry-Lieberman American Power Act Protects Consumers
Would you please explain in detail how it is better?
Who is going to do without?
Somebody has to or why the need for the bill?

It is my understanding that they have found a way to buy carbon and sell it at great profits to the global community. Chicago climate exchange which has just been sold. Maurice Strong and Al Gore making a killing on that carbon.

As far as the post above on saving energy, you do not live in a concrete jungle filled with brick apartment buildings that are all on top of each other. Bricks hold heat and no ponds in sight.
The new light bulbs? You actually have to call an 800 number to get instructions to clean up if one breaks. First you have to get the children out of the house! WHATEVER you do, do NOT use a vacuum cleaner. Also, make sure you open all the windows!

Old 05-17-2010, 04:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
Would you please explain in detail how it is better?
Who is going to do without?
Somebody has to or why the need for the bill?

It is my understanding that they have found a way to buy carbon and sell it at great profits to the global community. Chicago climate exchange which has just been sold. Maurice Strong and Al Gore making a killing on that carbon.

As far as the post above on saving energy, you do not live in a concrete jungle filled with brick apartment buildings that are all on top of each other. Bricks hold heat and no ponds in sight.
The new light bulbs? You actually have to call an 800 number to get instructions to clean up if one breaks. First you have to get the children out of the house! WHATEVER you do, do NOT use a vacuum cleaner. Also, make sure you open all the windows!
Read the article, and read the bill.

It puts consumer protections into place.

I'm not doing your homework for you. I'm not Glenn Beck, if you are seriously concerned about this issue, you'll do your own research, and read the bill yourself. I know, I know, you said you couldn't understand it.

You know what I do when I can't understand something? I research the parts I can't understand, so I understand it better. I don't run to someone else, and ask them to explain it for me.

Old 05-17-2010, 04:59 AM

Thank you very much, guess you don't understand it either!
But you can always listen to Glenn Beck because he does.

Old 05-17-2010, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
Thank you very much, guess you don't understand it either!
But you can always listen to Glenn Beck because he does.
Many schemes targeting carbon emissions around the world allow offsets, in which polluters invest in projects that would absorb or avoid CO2 rather than buying carbon allowances. Offsets can take a lot of different forms, such as energy-efficiency projects, tree-planting initiatives or methane-reduction measures at landfills; polluters like them because they are often cheaper than allowances.

It allows for off sets, instead of taxing, which the energy companies fought for.

This is because, its easier, and far cheaper, for them to buy a field, and plant trees in it, then it is to buy credits from the government, or to pay taxes. This protects consumers two ways.

1. It allows for jobs to be created, doing this carbon clean up, which puts money back into the economy here at home, instead of sending it to foreign countries, or to people who sell carbon credits like Al Gore.

2. It lowers the impact on consumers by setting price limits, for those who use below a certain amount of energy. So, if you pay less than 100 a month for your electric bill, your rates aren't allowed to go up. (Its actually based on the KWh, not the cash you spend, it will depend on where you live).

This is the last time I'm responding to your silly, asinine posts. You obviously don't care about this subject, or you would research it for yourself. I care about the environment, but I care about my country even more. We send 700 billion dollars a year to foreign countries, that doesn't come back. If we could keep half of that money every year, with domestic energy supplies like coal, petro, nuclear, wind, nat gas, and solar, not only would it help our economy, but it will give people jobs, and pay down our debt, and make the money you have worth more.

Old 05-17-2010, 07:13 AM

Thank you for explaining your understanding of the bill.
Unfortunately for me, under a hundred does not allow for enough air conditioning in a hot concrete city where you live in brick apartments stacked on top of each other and have no choice but to use a window unit.
The only problem is that I don't think my posts are silly and asinine.
Do the research and find out how many people have died because they either had no air conditioning or couldn't afford it.
I was almost one of them.
Not so silly to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies