Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2010, 06:51 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,567,486 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert kid View Post
This was a Religious college. No problems here, joejitsue, although now he is history, has it all wrong.

Why must you refer to it always as delusions? The Bible has metaphores, yes. But that's the things about liberal thinking, anything that isn't secular, atheist, or thinks like them is deserving of attack, and as a few have put it on the Religion forum "Should be jailed for practicing fraud". I'm too smart to be a snarky liberal when they don't even have the respect to let others speak, and yet turn around and claim to be "tolerant".
I do not know why why you bring up the tolerance aspect. I have never claimed to be tolerant especially of religious people who want to push their agenda on people at graduation ceremonies. Tolerance? HA. Find me a post where I claimed it. I worry about the mentally ill people who see delusions of a sky fairy because it is my duty to do so. I worry about how grades in important subjects fail as they are fed more fairytales and delusions. Then they get all worried and faint like the girl in the video. I can only hope she recovers from her delusions and is able to led a normal life soon.

And don't think for one moment that you religious righties do not attack the left. Don't even mention it unless your hands are clean.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2010, 07:04 PM

3,378 posts, read 5,005,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
I do not know why why you bring up the tolerance aspect. I have never claimed to be tolerant especially of religious people who want to push their agenda on people at graduation ceremonies. Tolerance? HA. Find me a post where I claimed it. I worry about the mentally ill people who see delusions of a sky fairy because it is my duty to do so. I worry about how grades in important subjects fail as they are fed more fairytales and delusions. Then they get all worried and faint like the girl in the video. I can only hope she recovers from her delusions and is able to led a normal life soon.

And don't think for one moment that you religious righties do not attack the left. Don't even mention it unless your hands are clean.
I'm not speaking of you in particular, but I am speaking of alot of these liberals who claim to be tolerant of everything and everyone until they lash out like children at something they don't like.

I'm not what one would call very religious (I don't even go to church that much). But what miffs me more than anything else is when atheists claim it is all delusions of an "Invisible Sky Fairy", you know what that is, it's a nonsensical jab at the religious for no other purpose than to be a jerkish POS, God is not some sky fairy, IMO God exists outside of the bounds of our universe, beyond all matter, time and space.

God cannot be proven or disproven, it is things like this that have to be taken on FAITH, no matter if your a believer or not, not believing in God is synonymous with believing there is no God, nobody "knows" anything.

Does the girl need help? By all means yes, she needs to learn how to hold herself together and gain some composure for crying out loud. Does the right attack the left, yes they do, that's politics. In the dirty games of politics all hands are bloody.

Old 05-16-2010, 07:07 PM

Quote:
I'm not speaking of you in particular, but I am speaking of alot of these liberals who claim to be tolerant of everything and everyone until they lash out like children at something they don't like.

I'm not what one would call very religious (I don't even go to church that much). But what miffs me more than anything else is when atheists claim it is all delusions of an "Invisible Sky Fairy", you know what that is, it's a nonsensical jab at the religious for no other purpose than to be a jerkish POS, God is not some sky fairy, IMO God exists outside of the bounds of our universe, beyond all matter, time and space.

I personally see the first 3/4 of the Old Testament as a metaphore, whereas some things in the Old Testament and New Testament have been proven real, or possible. The rest is taken on Faith, Faith doesn't fail no matter how many bitter pantywaists would like to say at it.

Does the girl need help? By all means yes, she needs to learn how to hold herself together and gain some composure for crying out loud. Does the right attack the left, yes they do, that's politics. In the dirty games of politics all hands are bloody
Exactly.

But how do you know it is a "nonsensical jab at the religious for no other purpose than to be a jerkish POS"? Can you prove that god isn't just some "Invisible Sky Fairy" or a delusion? Until then, thats what it is to me. Sorry if that irks you.

Old 05-16-2010, 07:12 PM

3,378 posts, read 5,005,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Exactly.

But how do you know it is a "nonsensical jab at the religious for no other purpose than to be a jerkish POS"? Can you prove that god isn't just some "Invisible Sky Fairy" or a delusion? Until then, thats what it is to me. Sorry if that irks you.
If you read many of the posts here and around the net, it's almost exclusive to say it is to mock and jab at people with beliefs. At least you're honest to say that is what you believe and I respect that greatly, but it's those militant types who say they "Know!" and try to downplay everyone else.

Old 05-16-2010, 09:41 PM

37,120 posts, read 42,178,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
I have found multiple references to the video, all of which identify the university as Midwestern State University. One source also identified the student. If you have different info, feel free to post it.
I don't know if this is real. The guy they idenify as University President Louis Rodriguez, isn't. Louis J Rodriguez Blvd is the name of a street near the campus though. And someone by that name was Economics President and wrote a book or two. Maybe it's a few years old?
It's fishy. Hysterical though!

Old 05-16-2010, 09:46 PM

Quote:
If you read many of the posts here and around the net, it's almost exclusive to say it is to mock and jab at people with beliefs. At least you're honest to say that is what you believe and I respect that greatly, but it's those militant types who say they "Know!" and try to downplay everyone else.
No, I do not know if there is a god or not. I BELIEVE there is no god. I don't know it. Same with the religious folk. They BELIEVE there is a god. They dont know either.

Old 05-17-2010, 04:18 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,373,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joejitsu View Post

And people wonder why Americans can't compete with the rest of the world when it comes to geography, math, and science.
How bizarre!

Old 05-17-2010, 04:38 AM

11,944 posts, read 14,773,368 times
Even more bizarre, joejitsu is no longer a member.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies