Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2010, 06:10 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,109,663 times

Advertisements

The GOP may be a bit overconfident in regards to the midterms. The anti-incumbent sentiment may not translate into votes for the GOP.

New Poll: Restless Voters Prefer Democrats Again, But Still Hate Incumbents

WASHINGTON — People want Democrats to control Congress after this fall's elections, a shift from April, according to an Associated Press-GfK poll released Saturday. But the margin is thin and there's a flashing yellow light for incumbents of both parties: Only about one-third want their own lawmakers re-elected.

The tenuous 45 percent to 40 percent preference for a Democratic Congress reverses the finding a month ago on the same question: 44 percent for Republicans and 41 percent for Democrats. The new readout came as the economy continued showing signs of improvement and the tumultuous battle over the health care law that President Barack Obama finally signed in March faded into the background.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2010, 06:25 AM

30,063 posts, read 18,663,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
The GOP may be a bit overconfident in regards to the midterms. The anti-incumbent sentiment may not translate into votes for the GOP.

New Poll: Restless Voters Prefer Democrats Again, But Still Hate Incumbents

WASHINGTON — People want Democrats to control Congress after this fall's elections, a shift from April, according to an Associated Press-GfK poll released Saturday. But the margin is thin and there's a flashing yellow light for incumbents of both parties: Only about one-third want their own lawmakers re-elected.

The tenuous 45 percent to 40 percent preference for a Democratic Congress reverses the finding a month ago on the same question: 44 percent for Republicans and 41 percent for Democrats. The new readout came as the economy continued showing signs of improvement and the tumultuous battle over the health care law that President Barack Obama finally signed in March faded into the background.

Dream on. When the nation is unhappy with its course, they usually throw out the party in power. That party, at this time, would be the democrats. In 2006 and 2008, that party was the republican party.

Personally I think we need to get rid of every incumbent, as the culture of corruption in Washington is perpetuated with career politicians. The Obama administration is just a symptom of a deeper problem with our representatives.

Old 05-17-2010, 06:34 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,778,277 times
In New Hampshire the Republican Party believes they will have an easy election in November. I am encouraging them to maintain this view and to nominate the most extreme and incompetent right wing candidates they can find. This seems to be working.

Old 05-17-2010, 06:42 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,345,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
In New Hampshire the Republican Party believes they will have an easy election in November. I am encouraging them to maintain this view and to nominate the most extreme and incompetent right wing candidates they can find. This seems to be working.

"extreme and incompetent"
That reminds me of someone. His initals are BO. However, when he was a lad in Indonesia they were BS which is a little more applicable.....

Old 05-17-2010, 07:03 AM

2,538 posts, read 3,876,563 times
Yeah, I don't see Republican's winning. Just my opinion.

Daily Kos: Obama: Rs Drove Us Into a Ditch. "Now They Want The Keys Back." *And They Can't Have Them..

Old 05-17-2010, 07:10 AM

45,230 posts, read 26,437,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyegirl View Post
You may as well cite the DNC.

Old 05-17-2010, 07:18 AM

2,538 posts, read 3,876,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
You may as well cite the DNC.
What's your point? Repub's cite Fox "news" <snicker> all the time.

Old 05-17-2010, 07:21 AM

2,539 posts, read 4,086,723 times
The country is looking for "conservatives", not democrats! The country doesn't want "progressives" whether they be republicans or democrats...

Old 05-17-2010, 09:45 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,109,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post

Obama's approval rating is 52%. As I said before, don't count your chickens...

Old 05-17-2010, 12:08 PM

3,644 posts, read 6,304,611 times
Oh I am SO going to bump this thread after the midterm elections.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies