Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2010, 10:34 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,583,949 times

Advertisements

Why?

Look, for fully functional adults, Palin and her "little white lies" are a source of endless amusement. She's comedy gold. Her rants about the liberal media are priceless. Her deliberate mischaracterizations of real issues only sell to those too dumb to understand any of the issues, anyway. Let them have their little pissfests together. This way they can continue to think that they're relevant in some tangential way.

Please don't try to muzzle the woman.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2010, 10:36 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
Old sarge- I meant that Ms. Palin believes what she says is the truth as she understands it. She is not lying, she is simply wrong and does not realize it. She is ignorant but not a liar.

Or like Ronald Raygun she is a far better actor than I ever thought.

Old 05-17-2010, 10:36 AM

2,104 posts, read 1,442,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
For some reason I see what she is saying being accepted by all but the Obamabots. Are you one of those?
Oh the irony of a supposed "majority" telling a supposed "minority" that THEY are the "bots".

"If wou don't believe what 'most of us' believe, then you are a sheep!"

Wow, what logic!

Didn't they teach a logic course where you went to college, Roy? I'd would think that an ex teacher wouldn't be so given to such glaring logical fallacies...

Old 05-17-2010, 10:52 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theolsarge View Post
While I support the petition I don't necessarily support the last phrase of the petition.

But I'll bend my values to shut her the F#%k up!

Tell Sarah Palin: Start Telling The Truth | Change.org
Sorry, but this Sack O' S--t is incapable of telling the truth...and the lies get her the "attention fix" she so pathetically needs.

If this scumbag ever did tell the truth what would be the purpose? I sure don't need the DivaDope to tell me anything.

But , the icing on the cake is...she sure makes Republicans, especially female Repugs, look like loonies

Old 05-17-2010, 11:01 AM

1,317 posts, read 1,399,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Old sarge- I meant that Ms. Palin believes what she says is the truth as she understands it. She is not lying, she is simply wrong and does not realize it. She is ignorant but not a liar.

Or like Ronald Raygun she is a far better actor than I ever thought.
She has a staff. I would think your argument would hold some water if she spoke her mind, she doesn't. Every word she utters is deliberate and planned by her staff. She doesn't grant spontaneous interviews, why is that?

Old 05-17-2010, 11:31 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,018,970 times
Why would anyone want to shut Palin up, other than
her voice itself, is sooo annoying

Every time she opens her mouth, it just affirms what
folks thought when she first started doing it:

She's unqualified to be President of the United States

I don't call her Palin Dumb Dumb for nothing

Old 05-17-2010, 11:48 AM

1,317 posts, read 1,399,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
Why would anyone want to shut Palin up, other than
her voice itself, is sooo annoying

Every time she opens her mouth, it just affirms what
folks thought when she first started doing it:

She's unqualified to be President of the United States

I don't call her Palin Dumb Dumb for nothing
The very sad fact is, there are plenty of people out there that actually think she has something (other than looks) to offer. Those same people and others actually think Faux "news" is "fair and balanced" and you can't show them any fact to convince them otherwise.

To me, these followers are more scary than any terrorist threat.

Old 05-17-2010, 12:27 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times
Quote:
The very sad fact is, there are plenty of people out there that actually think she has something (other than looks) to offer. Those same people and others actually think Faux "news" is "fair and balanced" and you can't show them any fact to convince them otherwise.

I think undermining the President by lying IS terrorism...Palin is doing her best to divide America...because divided we fall...and she, and her FOLLOWERS, would love that...they are too stupid to realize that they will go down , too....well not Sarah, she'll be rich but her followers won't be

Old 05-17-2010, 12:53 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,603,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
I think undermining the President by lying IS terrorism...Palin is doing her best to divide America...
But the really frightening part of the deal is, she hasn't got an actual plan. She seems to think that she's going to wind up being swept into the White House by public acclaim. Yet she doesn't have the beginning of a clue as to how to solve any of the problems she blathers on about. (Perhaps she thinks a guest appearance on Oprah would take care of that!)

Old 05-17-2010, 12:53 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,018,970 times
Quote:

I wouldn't go that far

“When stupidity is a sufficient explanation, there is no need to have recourse to any other” - Mitchell Ulmann
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies