Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2010, 07:27 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,545,862 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
People kill people, religions don't. Or, did Christianity kill witches? Did Christianity kill Jews? If someone mentions religion, and Islam, we're bound to look for a greater perspective. So quit whining. The least you could do is talk something about the subject at hand, at least the pieces I have in my posts if you choose to respond to them.
Oh pleez! Shut reaching into the middle ages! Just look in today's news! Christians aren't doing HONOR KILLINGS! Muslims are!! If you gotta reach back into the middle ages, that's pretty good. I can turn on the tv TODAY and find some poor Muslim girl beat down for showing some ankle.

Why do people like you always see it as your duty to defend Muslim hate crimes with some warped "equivalency" arguement?? r

Last edited by citizenkane2; 05-18-2010 at 08:06 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2010, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
People kill people, religions don't. Or, did Christianity kill witches? Did Christianity kill Jews? If someone mentions religion, and Islam, we're bound to look for a greater perspective. So quit whining. The least you could do is talk something about the subject at hand, at least the pieces I have in my posts if you choose to respond to them.
Oh pleez! Stop reaching into the middle ages! Just look in today's news! Christians aren't doing HONOR KILLINGS! Muslims are!! If you gotta reach back into the middle ages, that's pretty good. I can turn on the tv TODAY and find some poor Muslim girl beat down for showing some ankle.

Why do people like you always see it as your duty to defend Muslim hate crimes with some warped "equivalency" argument??
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]

Old 05-18-2010, 08:08 PM

3,448 posts, read 3,132,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
Oh pleez! Stop reaching into the middle ages! Just look in today's news! Christians aren't doing HONOR KILLINGS! Muslims are!! If you gotta reach back into the middle ages, that's pretty good. I can turn on the tv TODAY and find some poor Muslim girl beat down for showing some ankle.

Why do people like you always see it as your duty to defend Muslim hate crimes with some warped "equivalency" argument??
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
Makes sense. Maybe a ghost does not compute time as we do. Regardless
it should be factored in.
Poor Muslim women , theres no end to the stories. Iv'e noticed them checking me out, lately as well. Very interesting stuff. You gotta kind of
catch the girl or women checking you out , and then she looks away faster than , what was that rabbit on bugs bunny, oh ya ...the road runner.
I wonder what the ghost man, er.... Einsteinsghost may introduce next.

Old 05-18-2010, 08:54 PM

Quote:

Miss USA Hailed by Lebanese Hometown -- But No Love From Hezbollah
Newly-crowned Miss USA Rima Fakih may be the pride and joy of her native Lebanese village, but the 24-year-old beauty contestant is far less popular among some leaders in the Middle East.

Newly-crowned Miss USA Rima Fakih may be the pride and joy of her native Lebanese village, but the 24-year-old beauty contestant is far less popular among some leaders in the Middle East.
In an interview Tuesday with Lebanese television, Hezbollah official Hassan Fadlallah reportedly had few glowing words to describe Fakih, who became the first Muslim American on Sunday to secure the crown.
"The criteria through which we evaluate women are different from those of the west," Fadlallah told the television station, AFP reported.

Fakih emigrated from Lebanon to the U.S. when she was seven years old.
In her hometowntown of Srifa, which is largely ruled by the Shiite militant group, residents have reportedly hailed Fakih as an "honor" to the region.
"She is an honor to us, a honor to all of southern Lebanon," her aunt Afifa Fakih told AFP.
"We are so often described as terrorists and killers, but we Shiites love life and beauty -- and mainly the beauty of the soul, which is what is so special about Rima," the aunt reportedly said.
FOXNews.com - Miss USA Hailed by Lebanese Hometown -- But No Love From Hezbollah

Note that it was the AUNT with the praise.....

Old 05-18-2010, 08:56 PM

She IS a bad Mamma Jamma, though.

Old 05-18-2010, 09:07 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,573,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
HOW IS THIS GIRL EVEN STILL ALIVE??? She can't be living in Dearborn right now.
You're right. I go to school in Dearborn, Michigan. I hear a lot of the Muslim community doesn't like this....

I'll leave it at that.

Old 05-19-2010, 05:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
You're right. I go to school in Dearborn, Michigan. I hear a lot of the Muslim community doesn't like this....

I'll leave it at that.
OUCH! So much for the religion of peace. If she ended up a victim of an Honor Killing, I guarantee you the media will fall all over itself trying not mention Islam.

Old 05-19-2010, 05:06 AM

3,390 posts, read 4,950,930 times
I think she should have to parade around naked for the entire time she holds the crown. That's suitable punishment for her.

Old 05-19-2010, 12:44 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,185,348 times
For starters, she didn't actually strip. Furthermore, what she wore in the "scandalous" pictures was less was less racy than the official Miss USA photo itself and exposed far less skin than the bikinis they prance around in onstage at the pageant. So what exactly is the "scandal" here?

Old 05-19-2010, 05:17 PM

2,652 posts, read 4,798,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
For starters, she didn't actually strip. Furthermore, what she wore in the "scandalous" pictures was less was less racy than the official Miss USA photo itself and exposed far less skin than the bikinis they prance around in onstage at the pageant. So what exactly is the "scandal" here?
Drover, don't you know??? Because, they choose her. Not a sweet innocent black or white woman. A "lebanese" woman. Whatever!

She's gonna dismantle his crown and build a bomb or something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies