Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you pay to hear Bristol Palin give a speech?
Yes 8 6.90%
No 103 88.79%
Not sure 5 4.31%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2010, 09:35 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desli View Post

"BentBow" -

OMG, so you're suggesting that Bristol Palin's pregnancy is an example of "setting your own destiny"??

WOW, is THAT the kind of chosen destiny you believe is admirable??

How absurd to suggest that anyone commenting on this topic is "jealous".

Yes, she set her own destiny, by making a choice in life. But the reference of setting her own destiny, was a reference to no one else deciding what her time is worth, not even the OP, who's only intent was a jealous rage that Bristol was making $30,000 for making a speech. Hatred for her mother has cause the jealously of her daughters ability and talent to pull that kind of wage, while the OP squanders in a go nowhere job. Jealously.

Is it an admirable destiny? I'll let mothers explain how all babies are precious, no matter how they came into this world. Do you think she should have been forced to have an abortion?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2010, 10:03 PM

378 posts, read 424,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Yes, she set her own destiny, by making a choice in life. But the reference of setting her own destiny, was a reference to no one else deciding what her time is worth, not even the OP, who's only intent was a jealous rage that Bristol was making $30,000 for making a speech. Hatred for her mother has cause the jealously of her daughters ability and talent to pull that kind of wage, while the OP squanders in a go nowhere job. Jealously.

Is it an admirable destiny? I'll let mothers explain how all babies are precious, no matter how they came into this world. Do you think she should have been forced to have an abortion?
You really cannot believe that anyone's opposition to Bristol Palin is based on "jealousy".

I believe she should have had the RIGHT to have an abortion.

Mommy Dearest prohibited Bristol from aborting. Sarah did not act responsiby by insuring her daughter did not get pregnant, so imo, she had NO right to prevent her daughter from getting an abortion.

Old 05-19-2010, 10:17 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desli View Post
You really cannot believe that anyone's opposition to Bristol Palin is based on "jealousy".

I believe she should have had the RIGHT to have an abortion.

Mommy Dearest prohibited Bristol from aborting. Sarah did not act responsiby by insuring her daughter did not get pregnant, so imo, she had NO right to prevent her daughter from getting an abortion.

Do you actually listen to yourself?

Yes, I know the OP was made in a jealous rage, that Bristol was making $30,000 an hour, while the OP envies her talent to be able to pull that kind of money, while the putt along at their go nowhere job. Why would they care, if not jealous. What if she was doing it for free, would this even be a topic?

I believe she had the right to an abortion. It is her body.
Was she locked in a room and forced to have the kid? You make me laugh!
What makes you think she was prevented? A hunch? Crystal Ball? Smoke & Mirrors? Or just the end justifies the means?

Then there it is, the real agenda.. Hatred for Sarah Palin, when the subject is Bristol making $30,000. Bingo!

Old 05-19-2010, 10:38 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,207,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Do you actually listen to yourself?

Yes, I know the OP was made in a jealous rage, that Bristol was making $30,000 an hour, while the OP envies her talent to be able to pull that kind of money, while the putt along at their go nowhere job. Why would they care, if not jealous. What if she was doing it for free, would this even be a topic?

I believe she had the right to an abortion. It is her body.
Was she locked in a room and forced to have the kid? You make me laugh!
What makes you think she was prevented? A hunch? Crystal Ball? Smoke & Mirrors? Or just the end justifies the means?

Then there it is, the real agenda.. Hatred for Sarah Palin, when the subject is Bristol making $30,000. Bingo!
Nailed it!!!

Old 06-28-2010, 06:13 PM

14,688 posts, read 26,617,537 times
I guess Palin isn't much of a Christian if she goes around saying things like this:

"Regardless of what I did personally," she told Chris Cuomo on Good Morning America, "abstinence is the only ... 100% foolproof way you can prevent pregnancy."

Read more: In Defense of Bristol Palin, Abstinence Spokeswoman - TIME

Has she never heard of The Immaculate Conception?

Old 06-28-2010, 07:16 PM

3,020 posts, read 8,615,724 times
The title of this thread is very misleading. People can only "charge" what the market will bear. The more accurate description would be "Groups are paying Bristol Palin $30,000 to give speeches about teen pregnancy."

Old 06-28-2010, 07:31 PM

406 posts, read 495,733 times
This is very simple, would you accept a job that paid 30k to talk about your experiences? I think even the Palin haters would be qualified for this one. Value is based upon how much someone is willing to pay.

Old 06-28-2010, 07:34 PM

4,792 posts, read 5,901,674 times
I don't need to hear about her itchy labia, or hemmroids.

Old 06-28-2010, 07:37 PM

814 posts, read 670,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambini View Post
This is very simple, would you accept a job that paid 30k to talk about your experiences? I think even the Palin haters would be qualified for this one. Value is based upon how much someone is willing to pay.
I would!

It's a shame another Palin is making headlines though. How many more incompetent people from the Republican party can they sensationalize?

Old 06-28-2010, 08:51 PM

406 posts, read 495,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal77 View Post
I would!

It's a shame another Palin is making headlines though. How many more incompetent people from the Republican party can they sensationalize?

Its like having 24 hour coverage of Alvin Greene!

Last edited by jambini; 06-28-2010 at 09:07 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies