Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2010, 06:26 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,542,578 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohKnip View Post
in their minds they are muslims first? what is that supposed to mean. let me see if i understand what your opinion on this issue is correctly...it is your opinion that you think that because a group of muslim extremists flew planes into the WTC towers now muslims have no rights to have a mosque somewhere AND god forbid they have it near ground zero...base on your opinion of what is going on in NY i'm going to assume your probably someone who would have supported rounding up japanese AMERICANS and putting them in internment camps during WW2 because the Japanese Imperial Military attacked us?

It means that if you took your head out of your PC butt and actually looked into Islam and its teachings, you'd know that no Muslim would put their country ahead of their devotion to Allah. Any real American would understand the hurt and pain brought on that day in the name of Islam, at that site and would not pursue this. IT'S NOT RIGHT!!

And yes I support the internment camps for mere fact they were up against a fanactical enemy they had never encountered before! I am not going to sit back in judgement of our grandparents and what they felt was necessary. Who knows if that helped end the war when it did.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2010, 06:34 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,559,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
It means that if you took your head out of your PC butt and actually looked into Islam and its teachings, you'd know that no Muslim would put their country ahead of their devotion to Allah.
As do Jehovah's Witness. Do you feel the same disgust towards them?

Quote:
Any real American would understand the hurt and pain brought on that day in the name of Islam, at that site and would not pursue this. IT'S NOT RIGHT!!
This attack was not committed in the name of Islam, but in the name of radical, extremist interpretations of Islam, and 300 real American Muslims were killed that day too.

Old 05-19-2010, 06:40 AM

3,197 posts, read 2,852,334 times
Quote:
It means that if you took your head out of your PC butt and actually looked into Islam and its teachings, you'd know that no Muslim would put their country ahead of their devotion to Allah. Any real American would understand the hurt and pain brought on that day in the name of Islam, at that site and would not pursue this. IT'S NOT RIGHT!!

And yes I support the internment camps for mere fact they were up against a fanactical enemy they had never encountered before! I am not going to sit back in judgement of our grandparents and what they felt was necessary. Who knows if that helped end the war when it did.
Oh I could careless about what's PC and what isn't. I know what is right and I know what is wrong. Am I to assume though that the teachings of Islam state, you must destroy America in one way or another? I don't know what you're getting at but it seems like if that was the case and Muslims would never go against the teachings of Islam, then "no Muslim" would be against the 9/11 attacks, which is entirely untrue (see post number 15 in this thread)? Now, if this is a case of extremism why punish all Muslims for wanting a Mosque in NYC. Its near ground zero probably because Muslim Americans realize how much of an attack it was on their country too that they don't want to forget when they are at their place of worship. Muslims Americans should in no way feel guilty for the 9/11 attacks because they lost friends and family too. I haven't forgotten that day when all US Citizens became brothers and sisters to band together against our enemy, have you?

Last edited by JohKnip; 05-19-2010 at 06:51 AM..

Old 05-19-2010, 08:06 AM

88,560 posts, read 84,738,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian123 View Post
I love and respect the US Constitution.

If Muslims want to build a mosque near the WTC, they have the constitutional right to.

I'll just build a museum dedicated to all the men and women killed by the religion of pieces right next door.
Somebody's already beaten you to that--actually, not next door to the mosque, but the museum that will be on the WTC site itself.

Old 05-19-2010, 08:18 AM

214 posts, read 120,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
There were those, too, although I wouldn't say it was "more". And I bet some of them were the same people on both sides.

Nevertheless, condeming all of one group for the actions of some of that group just isn't right.

I am wondering--those of you who are strongly anti-Muslim--how do you handle it with the Muslim people you know at work, or who live in your town, or whom you see every day going about your business? Do you go on the assumption that they are the "enemy", or do you assume they are not? Do you get to know them/speak with them as individuals, ignore them, what?
I interact with them at work and in public. It is a mixed bag, some are nice and polite and others are downright ruthlessly rude. I personally have no time at all for religious zealots that believe in fairytales, so I couldn't care any less what they think or want.

Old 05-19-2010, 10:13 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,960,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alleged return of serfdom View Post
other than religion being stupid, if they purchased the lot, they can build whatever they want and do whatever they want in there within the law. or did someone repeal that religious freedom and freeload from taxes thing while I was taking a nap?

They can buy anything they can afford, but that doesn't mean they can get a building permit either. They could buy a swamp wet land, and never build on it.

Old 05-19-2010, 10:57 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,318,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
They can buy anything they can afford, but that doesn't mean they can get a building permit either. They could buy a swamp wet land, and never build on it.
Domes don't collapse very easily.

It's a three-dimensional arch.

It probably exceeds New York's building code requirements.

Old 05-19-2010, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
As do Jehovah's Witness. Do you feel the same disgust towards them?

This attack was not committed in the name of Islam, but in the name of radical, extremist interpretations of Islam, and 300 real American Muslims were killed that day too.
Tell that to the 19 maniacs who yelled Allahu Akbar as they killed 3000 people.

And Muhammad himself killed in the name of the religion he started. Read his history. Was he radical too???

Old 05-19-2010, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohKnip View Post
Oh I could careless about what's PC and what isn't. I know what is right and I know what is wrong. Am I to assume though that the teachings of Islam state, you must destroy America in one way or another? I don't know what you're getting at but it seems like if that was the case and Muslims would never go against the teachings of Islam, then "no Muslim" would be against the 9/11 attacks, which is entirely untrue (see post number 15 in this thread)? Now, if this is a case of extremism why punish all Muslims for wanting a Mosque in NYC. Its near ground zero probably because Muslim Americans realize how much of an attack it was on their country too that they don't want to forget when they are at their place of worship. Muslims Americans should in no way feel guilty for the 9/11 attacks because they lost friends and family too. I haven't forgotten that day when all US Citizens became brothers and sisters to band together against our enemy, have you?
Wow.....you work for MSNBC by chance??

Old 05-19-2010, 12:06 PM

3,292 posts, read 4,473,578 times
You know, one thing I've always loved about this country is religious freedom. It's a freedom most other countries have difficulty granting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies