Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2010, 10:47 AM

329 posts, read 201,879 times

Advertisements

I don't like seafood nor do I drive a humvee nor do I vacation in hurricane central. I say again stop using oil and save your fishermen and hotel owners who overcharge for a filthy room to sleep in like an animal. That ring on that six pack is made out of plastic which comes from oil so your outta luck there too. Maybe you oil hating southpaws should just wait and see what happens before you go howling at the moon. I just read an article this would effect worldwide fishing. Yep I'm betting you wrote that one. Meanwhile I gotta fill up my Explorer and head to the store soon on the roads made from asphalt which come from oil.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2010, 10:48 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,282,893 times
Nope, a REAL oil man named Obama was president.

Old 05-18-2010, 10:50 AM

Obama was hooping it up yesterday. He didn't have time for the po fishermen or tourist industry either.

Old 05-18-2010, 11:02 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoldTheBeans View Post
nor do I vacation in hurricane central.
Well that is fairly obvious from this quote:

Quote:
hotel owners who overcharge for a filthy room to sleep in like an animal.
But wait, says I!

You don't own a Humvee, but you DO own and Explorer! Now that's a laugh.

Quote:
Meanwhile I gotta fill up my Explorer and head to the store soon on the roads made from asphalt which come from oil.
Now here's the deal.

This whole drill baby drill BS, is just that BS. Currently, there is more oil JUST in the Central gulf zone of the off continental shelf(OCS) CURRENTLY available for drilling than in all the areas which are under the moratorium combined and NO ONE has advocated ending drilling in that area. No one! The problem with Energy Neanderthals is that more drilling will not. I repeat, will not solve Americans oil problem. In point of fact, any added oil from all of the restricted sites will only have a fractional benefit by 2030!

So the question is, what part of the American economy do you wish to destroy from marginal benefit?

Old 05-18-2010, 11:08 AM

202 posts, read 187,339 times
Interesting is there is a $75 million cap on liabilty against oil companies for oil spills.......Congress is attempting to increase the liability to $10 billion right now...Obama is not sure yet how much the liability should be....and,apparently is not supporting this amendment to existing law...

Old 05-18-2010, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Well that is fairly obvious from this quote:

But wait, says I!

You don't own a Humvee, but you DO own and Explorer! Now that's a laugh.

Now here's the deal.

This whole drill baby drill BS, is just that BS. Currently, there is more oil JUST in the Central gulf zone of the off continental shelf(OCS) CURRENTLY available for drilling than in all the areas which are under the moratorium combined and NO ONE has advocated ending drilling in that area. No one! The problem with Energy Neanderthals is that more drilling will not. I repeat, will not solve Americans oil problem. In point of fact, any added oil from all of the restricted sites will only have a fractional benefit by 2030!

So the question is, what part of the American economy do you wish to destroy from marginal benefit?
A) What problem

B) What part of the economy is being destroyed

Just like I said before you left handers howl at the moon in the middle of the day.

Old 05-18-2010, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyhorse1 View Post
Interesting is there is a $75 million cap on liabilty against oil companies for oil spills.......Congress is attempting to increase the liability to $10 billion right now...Obama is not sure yet how much the liability should be....and,apparently is not supporting this amendment to existing law...
Of course he won't support it BP gives him too much money.

Old 05-18-2010, 11:18 AM

2,538 posts, read 3,876,874 times
Quote:
I don't like seafood nor do I drive a humvee nor do I vacation in hurricane central. I say again stop using oil and save your fishermen and hotel owners who overcharge for a filthy room to sleep in like an animal. That ring on that six pack is made out of plastic which comes from oil so your outta luck there too. Maybe you oil hating southpaws should just wait and see what happens before you go howling at the moon. I just read an article this would effect worldwide fishing. Yep I'm betting you wrote that one. Meanwhile I gotta fill up my Explorer and head to the store soon on the roads made from asphalt which come from oil.

Don't you have a teabagger event to attend???

Old 05-18-2010, 11:24 AM

Typical ignorant response from a kook.

Old 05-18-2010, 11:28 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,111,393 times
Quote:
Typical ignorant response from a kook.

So what you're saying is that the oil spill in the gulf is no big deal, and everyone is just blowing it out of proportion.

You can't fix stupid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies