Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2010, 03:59 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,222,878 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Or to call Democrats Progressives then call them Progs.
Kinda like that?
Casper
According to alot of people here that is OK because the dems call themselves progressives
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2010, 04:02 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,628,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
The 'n' word has been used to keep an entire group of people down

Correct just as the teabagger name is used to hold that group down. People us the name to avoid debate on the purpose of the group. The define the entire movement by a few nuts with a sign.

Both words are used to hold a group down and to marginalize them people seem to say its OK for one group you do not like and say its not OK for the group you do like.
The vast majority of 'teabaggers' don't know what the hell they're talking about. Most are old white and Republican...and no, I don't want to have a 'logical' debate about the purpose of the group because there IS no logical debate.

The 'teabaggers' are holding themselves down just fine, they need no help from me.

Old 05-20-2010, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
The vast majority of 'teabaggers' don't know what the hell they're talking about. Most are old white and Republican...and no, I don't want to have a 'logical' debate about the purpose of the group because there IS no logical debate.

The 'teabaggers' are holding themselves down just fine, they need no help from me.
Thank you proved my point you can not debate in a logical way the core values of fiscal responsibility. Guess you like us spending on the credit .
Some day you will have to debate the fiscal responsibility of what this government is doing and has done for too long.

Old 05-20-2010, 04:17 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,628,399 times
Quote:
Thank you proved my point you can not debate in a logical way the core values of fiscal responsibility. Guess you like us spending on the credit .
Some day you will have to debate the fiscal responsibility of what this government is doing and has done for too long.

It's cute that you honestly think the 'Tea Party' is fighting for 'fiscal responsibility'.

Old 05-20-2010, 04:21 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Quote:
According to alot of people here that is OK because the dems call themselves progressives
Really? Can you list some Democrats here that call themselves Progs?
Casper

Old 05-20-2010, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Really? Can you list some Democrats here that call themselves Progs?
Casper
I can show you plenty of democrats that call themselves progressives

Old 05-20-2010, 04:34 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Quote:
I can show you plenty of democrats that call themselves progressives
Let's see the list then you can tell me which of those HERE like being refered to as a "Prog". You know what I am driving at so why not admit that the labeling and insults cuts both ways?
Casper

Old 05-20-2010, 05:58 PM

8,396 posts, read 9,442,882 times
Quote:
do you define afro Americans by the gangs in the street calling each other the n word. So because they have few people that do it its OK.

See if you can wrap your mind around this...

Who labelled the teabaggers? They did it themselves.

Who labelled blacks with the N word? Slave holders.

Hope that helps.

Let's try this again

You didn't get it the first time.

Old 05-20-2010, 07:47 PM

9,803 posts, read 16,191,954 times
Obama family values= using his 2 young daughters as examples as to why he supports abortion in the event they need one

Old 05-21-2010, 06:46 AM

6,993 posts, read 6,338,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marmac View Post
Obama family values= using his 2 young daughters as examples as to why he supports abortion in the event they need one
If you have a quote of Obama using his daughters as examples to support abortion, please post it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies