Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support legalization and/or and ObamaCare?
I support legalization and ObamaCare 17 38.64%
I support legalization and oppose ObamaCare 18 40.91%
I oppose legalization and ObamaCare 6 13.64%
I oppose legalization but support ObamaCare 3 6.82%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2009, 05:44 PM

110 posts, read 124,087 times

Advertisements

Without getting too much into the mechanics of ObamaCare here, I just want to know, those of you who support the decriminalization of marijuana, do you also support ObamaCare? I always hear those who support legalization saying the government has no business criminalizing marijuana and that they should butt out of people's lives. I know a lot of the same people who rail for marijuana to be legalized have been the same people that have been railing for government-run health care...

How can you be argue that the government should stay out of people's lives with regard to the consumption of cannabis, while at the same time advocating a government takeover of health care? Government-run health care gives the government complete control of our lives with regard to our property, our behavior, who lives, and who dies. So how can you be for that while at the same time say the government shouldn't stop anyone from using marijuana?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2009, 05:54 PM

1,747 posts, read 1,953,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Dawg View Post
Without getting too much into the mechanics of ObamaCare here, I just want to know, those of you who support the decriminalization of marijuana, do you also support ObamaCare? I always hear those who support legalization saying the government has no business criminalizing marijuana and that they should butt out of people's lives. I know a lot of the same people who rail for marijuana to be legalized have been the same people that have been railing for government-run health care...

How can you be argue that the government should stay out of people's lives with regard to the consumption of cannabis, while at the same time advocating a government takeover of health care? Government-run health care gives the government complete control of our lives with regard to our property, our behavior, who lives, and who dies. So how can you be for that while at the same time say the government shouldn't stop anyone from using marijuana?
I'm all for decriminalizing or completely legalizing marijuana as long as the pharm. companies don't corner the market on it....or any other company or govt. agency.
Allow people to enjoy the fruits of their labor as well as sell those fruits at "Farmers Markets" or something along those lines.

Obamacare?

Or ANYTHING else from THIS administration and the Dems.........

HELL NO!
HELL NO!!
HELL NO!!!

This...from a Conservative, Fox News/Glenn Beck, Sarah Palin fan and Tea Party sympathizer who really wishes the govt. would acknowledge and adhere to the US CONSTITUTION......first and foremost!!!!
They NEED to BUTT OUT OF "free" people's personal lives!

THIS...from one who LOVES to smoke pot on a daily basis, if possible.
Shocking, huh?

Last edited by Sign; 12-28-2009 at 06:08 PM..

Old 12-28-2009, 06:33 PM

4,011 posts, read 4,425,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Dawg View Post
Without getting too much into the mechanics of ObamaCare here, I just want to know, those of you who support the decriminalization of marijuana, do you also support ObamaCare?
I see "ObamaCare" and I don't care what the thread is about and I have little respect for the poster.

There is no "ObamaCare". There are two bills, one written by the members of the House, one written by a former insurance executive hired by the Senate to write the bill. Obama is not nor has he been a leader in the writing of either of these bills; he's a follower. There is no such thing as "ObamaCare". It's a figment of the right wing/Republican's vivid imagination.

What we have on the table is "Insurancare".

Old 12-28-2009, 06:37 PM

7,211 posts, read 9,430,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagran View Post
I see "ObamaCare" and I don't care what the thread is about and I have little respect for the poster.

There is no "ObamaCare". There are two bills, one written by the members of the House, one written by a former insurance executive hired by the Senate to write the bill. Obama is not nor has he been a leader in the writing of either of these bills; he's a follower. There is no such thing as "ObamaCare". It's a figment of the right wing/Republican's vivid imagination.

What we have on the table is "Insurancare".
Or CompromiseCare..

Andy Borowitz: Senate Unveils CompromiseCare

Old 12-28-2009, 06:47 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,659,971 times
I want what the OP calls, "ObamaCare" and hopefully I'll be able to pick up my perscription of pot at the local pharmacy.

Old 12-28-2009, 06:51 PM

14,129 posts, read 31,246,614 times
It's BaucusCare. Get it right. And yes, I hope it covers pot.

Old 12-28-2009, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
I want what the OP calls, "ObamaCare" and hopefully I'll be able to pick up my perscription of pot at the local pharmacy.
Obammycare doesn't come with a pot prescription for you.

Too bad....so sad you want it anyway.

SORRY.

Old 12-28-2009, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVA1990 View Post
It's BaucusCare. Get it right. And yes, I hope it covers pot.
Pot laced with formaldehyde, PCP, rat poison and paraquat....is likely, what you would get with your Baucuscare.
What do you expect from a DRUNK who probably doesn't remember last week......or his bill.

Old 12-28-2009, 07:08 PM

14,129 posts, read 31,246,614 times
You sure he was drunk? Maybe he has a medical condition requiring him to partake of some weed.

Old 12-28-2009, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVA1990 View Post
You sure he was drunk? Maybe he has a medical condition requiring him to partake of some weed.
Well....if the way he was acting recently on the Senate floor was from weed.......it was laced with everything I mentioned above.

He has a medical condition alright......it's called alcoholism.

Straight up weed...... doesn't make people act anything like he did.

D R U N K
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies