Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2010, 04:46 PM

1,028 posts, read 2,329,240 times

Advertisements

A question for demagogues of both sides.

This should be entertaining.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2010, 04:58 PM

1,038 posts, read 1,221,367 times
Intellectual laziness. I admit that I have done this on occasion, but only when I'm presented with ridiculous assertations and the person (s) have absolutely no interest in listening to logic or fact. I welcome and look forward to a spirited debate of substance, but I'm not going to waste my time with someone who defies logic. I'd rather give them a good smack down.

Old 05-18-2010, 05:01 PM

4,301 posts, read 7,011,905 times
Psychological warfare - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 05-18-2010, 05:12 PM

4,790 posts, read 5,878,738 times
Far be it for me to demonize the right wingers. That would be redundant.

Old 05-18-2010, 06:47 PM

31,387 posts, read 36,913,329 times
In the absence of a political argument, the only argument that remains is one of a personal nature.

Old 05-18-2010, 06:55 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,153,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy Anne View Post
Ah, the first cow pie thrown.......from a left winger, as usual. Let the food fight begin.

Old 05-18-2010, 06:58 PM

469 posts, read 577,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy Anne View Post

What does this mean? Are you agreeing or proving the point?

Old 05-18-2010, 07:25 PM

36,911 posts, read 18,784,152 times
Why do people make political arguments so personal and seek to demonize the other side?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabluey View Post
A question for demagogues of both sides.

This should be entertaining.
Just like any other war. To win, you have to kill the enemy, and it is a lot harder to do when you concede his humanity. You have to dehumanize and depersonalize the opposition.

That's not how discussion and debate works, but for those scenarios you have to be willing ot open your mind and think.

Old 05-18-2010, 07:43 PM

15,440 posts, read 21,235,941 times
This is simple. The anonymity of the participants in an online political discussion significantly adds to the ability to make personal attacks.

Old 05-18-2010, 09:28 PM

90,316 posts, read 120,219,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Too true. I think you'll find that the lefties are usually the ones that resort to name calling and personal attacks, a good reason why a bunch of them aren't around anymore.

As the mods always tell us, REPORT every one of them, which I'm very pleased to do.
Oh, come on! Look at what the RW calls the "liberals": *******s, Obamatrons, lacking in morals, and so on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
Uh huh- when will these ******* moonbats ever learn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattypatty View Post
So true.

The ******* media is also having a field day with the fact that the terrorist "suffered a foreclosure on his house" as if that serves as some excuse for his mental state. Yeah, I know whenever bad luck befalls me, the first thing I want to do is buy firecrackers and dung and rig me up a good old fashioned car bomb so I can kill as many innocent bystanders as possible.

Idiots!
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzpost View Post
NPR is a warm pile of cow dung. Another ******* organization exposed for what it is, hypocrites and liars like the rest of the left leaning *******s. Dims are so stupid and pee their pants when they see this type of stuff. Not surprising, considering the single mindset mentality of the Dims. Just one more ******* organization exposed! The dims are falling like dominoes! Thanks roy!
Some of this from people who claimed to be appalled, just appalled, when Obama made his tasteless joke about Special Olympics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanhouse View Post
There is further proof the Obamatrons are truly in a dellusional state of mind.

Obama is a narcissitic, elitist bully.

News Headlines

Clinton was fun loving and open minded. Clinton was personable and humble.

Obama truly believes he is here to save us all. His condescending attitude makes many people sick and is highly divisive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Sure, he's an infowars guy and I know how much everyone on C/D loves them, especially the government apologist Obamatrons. So, what was this guy's crime? Asking the Pillsbury dough boy (er, I mean Karl Rove) a question.

YouTube - Aaron From Infowars.com Arrested For Asking Karl Rove A Question at UT Austin

Please call 512-854-9033, and work your way through the prompts to speak to Travis County jail and ask for Aaron Dykes release.

Interestingly enough, I can't tell whether it's the Rovebots or the Obamabots who are dumber for cheering on the arrest of a guy exercising his God given right of free speech.
Quote:
Hint to the tea party haters: when crashing tea parties, misspell words like most of your fellow Obamatrons on CD do. You know, replacing interchanging words like to/too, their/there, and spelling lose "loose". It more subtly (and convincingly) illustrates one ignorance of the English language.
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
The Obamatrons are packing the most dangerous weapon of all...fully automatic ignorance.
Quote:
One positive thing about all of these threats: I'm loving how it p*sses off the Obamatrons.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtinChicago View Post
What do you know about common sense and morals before the Ten Commandments was brought down from God by Moses? Nothing!
Code? Code, like traffic rules?
Liberals like you Ozzie, know absolutely nothing about morals, common sense or the Ten Commandments.
You Liberals are amoral, nonsensical and subvert the Ten Commandments with your man-made rules!

Before the Ten Commandments and (ozzies wild guess about morals and common sense) there Was and still Is... God's Law, written on the Heart and Soul of every Human Being!

Some people see it as Right Living and don't know what to call it, others know it and if smart enough follow it... it is the quiet little voice that some people call Conscience or as I like to think, God's voice.

Last edited by Katarina Witt; 05-18-2010 at 10:17 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies