Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2010, 10:50 AM

2,085 posts, read 2,469,103 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
When I stop to think about the magnitude of change in political attitudes that has occurred in this nation over the past year and a half, I am truly amazed. Barack Obama had every means available to him to affect the kind of change that his sky-high rhetoric embodied. He had it all. He had a solid majority in both houses of Congress. He had liberals, Independents, young people, minorities, and moderates on his side. He had an economic and political environment that begged for a response, similar to the backing that George Bush had after 9/11.

Barack Obama had everyone on his side except for the staunchly conservative who, by the way, were rendered neutered after the 2006 and 2008 elections.

But what does he do? He misjudges the mandate. He misjudges the conservative-leaning constituency that makes up the electorate and completely and wholly over-reaches by injecting a brand of liberalism that America has rejected time and again in the past.

How could someone with so much political capital screw it up so badly?
Arrogance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2010, 10:58 AM

7,545 posts, read 8,326,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
When I stop to think about the magnitude of change in political attitudes that has occurred in this nation over the past year and a half, I am truly amazed. Barack Obama had every means available to him to affect the kind of change that his sky-high rhetoric embodied. He had it all. He had a solid majority in both houses of Congress. He had liberals, Independents, young people, minorities, and moderates on his side. He had an economic and political environment that begged for a response, similar to the backing that George Bush had after 9/11.

Barack Obama had everyone on his side except for the staunchly conservative who, by the way, were rendered neutered after the 2006 and 2008 elections.

But what does he do? He misjudges the mandate. He misjudges the conservative-leaning constituency that makes up the electorate and completely and wholly over-reaches by injecting a brand of liberalism that America has rejected time and again in the past.

How could someone with so much political capital screw it up so badly?
Good question. Ineptitude? Arrogance? Egotism? All of the above?

2013 can't come soon enough.

Old 05-20-2010, 11:13 AM

7,993 posts, read 12,861,813 times
Great thread. Many spot on post.

Old 05-20-2010, 11:15 AM

4,127 posts, read 5,067,345 times
I like to be optimistic sometimes. While many people see the sky falling, I'm starting to think Obama might in fact be the right man at the right time. I can easily see a future America where history reveals the complacency that had come over the American people and allowed government to control every aspect of their lives but when one Man, Obama, came to power it was a kick in the complacency of Americans and they rose up and started taking positive action in their own destiny. It could happen.

I'm quite impressed to see so many people getting involved in local politics where real change starts and booting out the same old idiots who've been back-door banging them for years. Maybe it took an overtly hardcore lefty to get people to wake up an smell the coffee.

Old 05-20-2010, 11:18 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Ryder View Post
I like to be optimistic sometimes. While many people see the sky falling, I'm starting to think Obama might in fact be the right man at the right time. I can easily see a future America where history reveals the complacency that had come over the American people and allowed government to control every aspect of their lives but when one Man, Obama, came to power it was a kick in the complacency of Americans and they rose up and started taking positive action in their own destiny. It could happen.

I'm quite impressed to see so many people getting involved in local politics where real change starts and booting out the same old idiots who've been back-door banging them for years. Maybe it took an overtly hardcore lefty to get people to wake up an smell the coffee.
You hit an interesting point Joe. And maybe it is a blessing in disguise..a wakeup call to Americans to either take back our government or kiss it goodbye.

Thanks for that alternate point of view. That gives me hope.

Old 05-20-2010, 11:28 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
You hit an interesting point Joe. And maybe it is a blessing in disguise..a wakeup call to Americans to either take back our government or kiss it goodbye.

I concur.

Old 05-20-2010, 12:32 PM

59,059 posts, read 27,306,837 times
"Don't give 0bama sole credit, we also have to his incompetent White House staff".

Obama IS responsible because HE picked his staff.

Old 05-20-2010, 12:48 PM

1,747 posts, read 1,953,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post

It will only be a blessing in disguise.....if Americans are successful at "taking back" thier govt.

If not.....we have already been given that kiss goodbye, since they are so entrenched now.

It is quite a diverse group of elite progressive hooligans.......on an international level, who have been making plans for this particular time in US history to be the one for them to swoop in and pull this kind of crap, IMO.

Especially, when you consider the overall demographics of America's aging population...and what percentage of its citizens are either, retired....or soon enough....will be, or would like to be. And such numbers.....in deteriorating health too.
It's obvious now.....the Baby Boomers, were it for the "future" of America, in their eyes.

Where all the nation's wealth....and many others...would be thier's to distribute as they see fit (KEEP). Eventually, run by a single Global Govt. Central Bank/currency? NWO??
Well, IMO....this part is still in progress right now......until they have raked in every last bit and collapsed the economy completely......and our place in the domino effect FALLS with many others.

"They" (progressive liberal elitists), obviously have NO hope or faith for those generations that have followed and IMO.....they only serve a purpose for them to control through oppression and they're only need of these yonger folks....is to enslave them...."equally" via..the success of liberal policy and youth indoctrination, accomplished by successfully hijacking the govt. from within.
It's obvious.

Last edited by Sign; 05-20-2010 at 01:40 PM..

Old 05-20-2010, 01:23 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
It truly is amazing the speed at which obama has become toxic to his own party members.
It truly is amazing, the speed by which, he has become so toxic, but these toxins are beginning to EXPLODE!!!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies